Final call to save the world from 'climate catastrophe' | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Final call to save the world from 'climate catastrophe'

2 make 0: Net -2
2 make 1: Net -1
2 make 2: Net 0

Let’s just do this.... nobody needs more than two kids.

The math doesn't work.

Bob and Sue have 2 kids at age 30ish and become grandparents at age 60. Do we bump off Bob and Sue?

With life expediencies being in the 80's we should be having kids in our 40's. Tell mother nature that.

"Carrousel"

Who's going to support you in your old age then? Should we clamp down on immigration, so we can point at the other guy and say "It wasn't us."

like I said earlier, it wasn't us
first 150 years or so of the Industrial Revolution
we saw no climate change, nothing to be alarmed about
this was with no regulation of industry, smoke stacks ablaze

wasn't until the developing countries
started to develop
that carbon levels started to rise and the planet has warmed up
globalism caused the problem
the desire for $50 DVD players
and $10 T-shirts

back when a TV cost 6 months salary
and lasted for 10 years
we didn't have these problems

like I said earlier, it wasn't us
first 150 years or so of the Industrial Revolution
we saw no climate change, nothing to be alarmed about
this was with no regulation of industry, smoke stacks ablaze

wasn't until the developing countries
started to develop
that carbon levels started to rise and the planet has warmed up
globalism caused the problem
the desire for $50 DVD players
and $10 T-shirts

back when a TV cost 6 months salary
and lasted for 10 years
we didn't have these problems

Back then my mum and dad had weekly coal deliveries for our coal fire and folks over in Ireland were burning peat. When I was little and went to London to see my relatives I remember noticing that my hands were always black from soot particles on railings and hand rails on the underground afterwards. This sounds like the Victorian ages but this was the 70s. Things have come a long way since then. London is still grimy but not the same as back then. Another thing I remember is taking the train from Manchester to London and seeing the walls as we pulled out the station stained black from the steam trains that had long since gone and the diesel trains before the lines were electrified.

The math doesn't work.

Bob and Sue have 2 kids at age 30ish and become grandparents at age 60. Do we bump off Bob and Sue?

With life expediencies being in the 80's we should be having kids in our 40's. Tell mother nature that.

Long term.... math is math.

Back then my mum and dad had weekly coal deliveries for our coal fire and folks over in Ireland were burning peat. When I was little and went to London to see my relatives I remember noticing that my hands were always black from soot particles on railings and hand rails on the underground afterwards. This sounds like the Victorian ages but this was the 70s. Things have come a long way since then. London is still grimy but not the same as back then. Another thing I remember is taking the train from Manchester to London and seeing the walls as we pulled out the station stained black from the steam trains that had long since gone and the diesel trains before the lines were electrified.

neat
was a young lad when I left Scotland
sure it was similar to how you describe England of that era

went back in '07 with some mates, whiskey tour, no bikes sadly
first stop was on Islay, like going back in time
they still burned peat in the fireplaces that left a unique scent in the streets

sitting in a pub that was in the cellar of an old building
it was damp, dank and coooold

barmaid came over with a bucket and chucked a bunch of coal lumps in the fireplace
it gave off more heat than any firewood I've ever seen

one of the guys in our group, an engineer, bright lad that can be incredibly dumb at times
asked the barmaid how they could afford to decorate the place with finishes that looked 500 years old :)

Back
Top Bottom