Looking for stand alone insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for stand alone insurance

mastro88

So I'm a 30 year old male with zero accidents and I'm looking to get some stand alone bike insurance. Tired of the song and dance from these insurance companies. When I was 20, I was told that it would go down when I'm 25. When I became 25, it then got bumped up to 30 to when i would see these rates go down. Now I'm 30 and now I'm being told it's because Mars isn't aligning with Earth and Venus so that's why my rates are still high. GTFO of here, simply tired of it and looking for someone to help out. I've been riding for 8 years now and I'm looking at these possible bikes to ride pending on insurance:

z1000
zx-6r
nightster sportster
night train softail

Hitting a milestone here and I'm looking to enjoy myself in life. These insurance companies are robbing me of that simple joy of rding that only we riders understand

Any advice helps

Cheers

The simple joy of riding has become an exercise in dodging cell-phone morons & paying insane insurance rates for the privilege.

Call Allstate! There is a site supporter on here that has helped many or I can give you my agents name.

I had an 08 Z1000 and now switched to a 08 GSXR-750 for only 5-8 more bucks a month. I'm paying less than $80 a month. I am in London area, 32 with full M for 4 years.

Allstate so long as you have your M license and 4 years with it i believe will give you an elite rider discount of 30%. If you take the car, house and bike you should have no issues. They could probably give you some decent quotes on just the bike too.

i recently switched to Aviva from TD Primmum as they gave me a better premium. I'm 47, with a 2009 CBR 600rr. Full M for over 6 years, clean record. Have Liability and Comprehensive paying $700/yr. good luck in your search.

Last edited:
i recently switched to Aviva from TD Primmum as they gave me a better premium. I'm 47, with a 2009 CBR 600rr. Full M for over 6 years, clean record. Have Liability and Comprehensive paying $700/yr. good luck in your search.

So all you have to do is be 50 and get partial coverage?

Just curious, your getting Liability(which is mandatory I suppose) and comprehensive, but no collision...
I wonder if you can drop 'comprehensive' too and just get Liability? Im guessing if you live in a house(and not an apartment/condo), fire+theft/Lightning/tornado isnt really needed either?

Can you legally ride with just Liability?or Nah?(FYI In case of fire, im getting the bike + baby, then ill go back to look for wife)

So all you have to do is be 50 and get partial coverage?

Just curious, your getting Liability(which is mandatory I suppose) and comprehensive, but no collision...
I wonder if you can drop 'comprehensive' too and just get Liability? Im guessing if you live in a house(and not an apartment/condo), fire+theft/Lightning/tornado isnt really needed either?

Can you legally ride with just Liability?or Nah?(FYI In case of fire, im getting the bike + baby, then ill go back to look for wife)
Liability insurance is all that's required by law. Everything else is up to you.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

So I'm a 30 year old male with zero accidents and I'm looking to get some stand alone bike insurance. Tired of the song and dance from these insurance companies. When I was 20, I was told that it would go down when I'm 25. When I became 25, it then got bumped up to 30 to when i would see these rates go down. Now I'm 30 and now I'm being told it's because Mars isn't aligning with Earth and Venus so that's why my rates are still high. GTFO of here, simply tired of it and looking for someone to help out. I've been riding for 8 years now and I'm looking at these possible bikes to ride pending on insurance:

z1000
zx-6r
nightster sportster
night train softail

Hitting a milestone here and I'm looking to enjoy myself in life. These insurance companies are robbing me of that simple joy of rding that only we riders understand

Any advice helps

Cheers

Wawanessa for a standalone policy. Give Chris/Paul south a call

Stand alone with TD Personal, 5 licenced bikes. Rates haven’t gone up. South of Hamilton and do not go through broker but direct to insurer. Call their 800 line and talk to them.

I did the exact, same thing. Went from TD to Aviva (through Dalton Timmis). I'm 45, pay around $500/year for full coverage on an '03 Z1000. When I had my '05 CBR600RR on the road, I paid around $700/year.

Give Dalton Timmis a call. They'll go through the various companies for you and try to find you the best price.

Back
Top Bottom