What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer? | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

Sadly, I am not surprised by this verdict as it is increasingly obvious that the police are above the law in Canadian society. What really frustrates me is that this was not a poor decision made under duress; rather, this was a planned use of the special powers held by police officers to harm innocent citizens. The very people this officer took an oath to protect.

Well we still have to wait for the results of the OPP inquiry. He was found not guilty, but doesn't necessarily get to keep his job.

Having been found not guilty in court, I'm betting he will get off with a reprimand at best. His job and pension are safe.

Perhaps I am just naive and maybe a bit stupid, but I would think professional police officers would want to see a cop like this drummed out. Yeah, I know, I am naive and stupid.

Having been found not guilty in court, I'm betting he will get off with a reprimand at best. His job and pension are safe.

Perhaps I am just naive and maybe a bit stupid, but I would think professional police officers would want to see a cop like this drummed out. Yeah, I know, I am naive and stupid.

Some of the younger (late 20's-early 30's) cops I know, share our sentiment that this man doesn't deserve to be a cop anymore. It truly is a shame when the bad apples get the most attention and it makes it harder for the rest.

Re-read the article after all the info had been added and I wonder of there is someone that can shed some light on something here:

It says he is currently suspended with pay.... has he been suspended with pay for the last 5 years or did he get suspended later on?

Just wondering because that could be around $500,000 for not working.

Re-read the article after all the info had been added and I wonder of there is someone that can shed some light on something here:

It says he is currently suspended with pay.... has he been suspended with pay for the last 5 years or did he get suspended later on?

Not around, it is over. Even on suspension he shows up on the sunshine list every year (over $100K no show job!).

For some the law is inocent, even if proven guilty.

He was suspended, with pay, when the charges were laid. That extra money comes in pretty handy when you own a restaurant.

I just read it in the paper .... I am screaming and am disgusted what has happened here. I cannot believe the crook will walk and Harry Black added another cop feather on his cap. The system clearly failed the citizens of Ontario.

Not a good week .... We are 0:2 this week, with supreme court giving cops the powers to search your celphone without a warrant.

Can it get any worse? Probably ...

I am disappointed but not surprised. At stake was the reputation and future of D-M-B but also everyone above him in the organization.
Who hired him?
Who failed to supervise him?
Who brought in a law subject to corruption (HTA-172)?
Who failed to see the failure of Canada in protecting our rights?

If D-M-B was convicted **** would start flowing uphill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess the law doesn't apply to the Po-lice

I am disappointed but not surprised. At stake was the reputation and future of D-M-B but also everyone above him in the organization.
Who hired him?

The first and second points aren't really an issue, as OPP ultimately arrested and charged him. The third and fourth are definitely valid questions.

Wow....just wow. FTP!

Who hired him?

HTA 172 is already a racket, this was merely a minor argument between layers of government over double-dipping. The electorate recently gave thumbs up to the provincial Liberals on much worse corruption than this. Bruer would literally have to be murdering drivers and sealing them behind the walls of his restaurant before the Crown made a proper effort. Even then, the newstertainment outlets would lose interest at the next celebrity tweet.

She stole from the government, if she had stolen from a citizen or beat one up she would still have a job.

My suspicion is that she obviously didn't know her place so they dropped a brick on her.
A man and a woman both take similar firm stands on something. The guy is steadfast and determined. The woman is a b****.

Figures. Another piece of trash allowed to get away with whatever he feels like. The system is a joke.

Back
Top Bottom