Motorcycle Fairings R Us - Aftermarket custom fairings | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Fairings R Us - Aftermarket custom fairings

Car2Slo

I took a leap of faith and ordered an aftermarket fairing set for my 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa from Motorcycle Fairings R Us. So far the experience has been great with Stephen and Motorcycle Fairings R Us and I wanted to recommend them to those thinking about ordering. Stephen has been very receptive and communicates promptly (day delay because of time zones). He is clear and truthful of what he can and cannot do and the supplier is able to do custom builds within limitations (I.e. no airbrushing but yes on color / decal combinations).

I ordered the set beginning of April and there was a minor hiccup with paypal for Motorcycle Fairings R Us. Stephen promptly refunded me my money and he and I were able to negotiate a restart of the process. Ordered mid-April and Stephen confirmed fairing's shipped a week later. Surprisingly 4 days after shipping the fairings arrived (~May 1st). First unwrapping looks good. Colors are bright and decals accurate. I ordered a custom set built on the Rockstar Makita look for a gen 1 Hayabusa and no one had a set. In addition to the default set I asked Stephen to build me a matching hump cover and tank cover and Motorcycle Fairings R Us was able to comply.

In regards to shipping, the price quoted was all inclusive shipped to me. No additional custom fees were charged for my set. the box is large and body panels foam wrapped inside.

For those that don't know Motorcycle Fairings R US are a GTAM supporting vendor;

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?154302-Motorcycle-Fairings-R-Us

Link to their site;

httP://www.motorcyclefairingsrus.com

Overview:

Paint / Color - 8 / 10 (red / blue striping was painted versus factory being decal)
Shipping time: 10 / 10
Cost: 10 / 10
Communications: 9 / 10 (time zone delay)
Fitment: 9 / 10

Installation review:

NO HARDWARE came with my setup so I needed to reuse any clips, bolts or retainers from my old set.

After unboxing the fairing set I got an appreciation of the work needed to get these installed. Plan 6-8 hours for an install, little more if you've never done this before. I spent 2-3 hours on weekends and it took me about 3 weekends to do.

First step, remove old fairings (if you have some). I started from the tail section and had to disconnect seat locking mechanism and tail light assembly. Fitment was great and no unusual gaps. One problem was that the new fairings did not come with foam like the OEM ones do so there is a non-noticeable gap around my taillight housing. The fairings came with replacement black plastic covers and pieces; I decided to just reuse my originals.

Second I went to front nose housing. It was a great fit and I got a chance to look at the pearl /sparkly blue paint, looks good. This required removing and installing of headlight assembly, windshield and signal lights. Not too difficult when apart. I rough mounted the nose for fit and then put it aside.

Next were the side fairings. This was the most difficult part not because of the kit but just the sheer task of it. I had to remove the old set, swap over the nose V and under bracket, mount up the heat reflectors and trim. With a first rough mock up I realized that my "aftermarket" air filter would not let the side fairing go back and needed to trim a little bit of panel. Once I got the fairings on the bike I had a ***** of time getting the under brackets and V nose to go back on. In the end I gave up the under pieces and pulled one side off and mounted the under brackets together. Then I lifted both sides and positioned where they needed to go. Much better / easier.

Next aligned and bolted the side fairings to the nose fairings, being careful not to scratch the paint.

Finally installation of the extra tank cover I ordered. That was a snap that only required me removing the side trim and seat and simply slipping it on bolting back the side trim. Again the blue sparkle looks good and color matches the bike (glad I got the tank cover or else this setup would look like azz).

Fitment / alignment and mounting = perfect (9/10). I had to push on the sides a bit but suspect the same for all OEM fairings.

CONS: - The decals are missing for the Makita lettering (I suspect the reference picture the painters used is wrong.
- My setup did not come with a windshield. MotorcycleFairingsRus.com did work it out with me.
- Paint is excellent except for a mild run near the rear lock (not too bad and I can live with it)
- ABS plastic for additional accessories (covers) and under wing feels flimsy

PROS: - Good price
- Fast delivery
- good communications
- I would buy another set from them.

Now for pictures (more daylight ones to come):

f1.jpg

F2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

f10.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f13.jpg

f15.jpg

f16.jpg

Rockstar-Busa.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thats a busa? LOL looks great...

Im curious to know about fit and finish.

I wonder how close they colour match OEM paint. I've got a Ninja 250 and the colours all vary in shade from year to year...So you could potentially end up with a mismatched tank and bodywork. Do they include the heat resistant lining? Not the foam but the tin foil looking stuff that runs along the exhaust header.

Last edited:
I'm curious about fittment, too, above all else.

Any updates?? I contacted the guy and he was very quick to reply the first time, but then I asked him about a specific colour match and haven't heard back in a few days.

Yeah site has some nice looking kits, says that fitment should be perfect but would like an actaul review to back it up before spending the money, free shipping to canada is awesomes!!!

I am very curious to see the fitment as well. Bought a kit from fairingsforless.com, they said they fit just like OEM and guranteed it.....not even close, also had free shipping but they weren't cheap. I am skeptical this will be any better. Nothing like OEM but you have to have deep pockets. Can't wait to be proved wrong.

It has been a long time since he posted about getting the fairing set and said photos to come.......we are still waiting to see if they are as good as they promised. Any update Car2Slo?

Sorry all, with the warm weather I've been doing more riding then installing. Don't give up on me yet.

so the OP never got back to us but I went ahead and ordered a set. I guess they took a few days to make and after he sent me the email they arrived in about 5 days from Hong Kong and I paid no duty!!
I got them a couple weeks back but because I was going to the track didn't put them on right away. I put them on today and am happy to report that they are about as close to perfect as you can get...

Back
Top Bottom