Great deal on a great Battery Tender at Canadian Tire! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Great deal on a great Battery Tender at Canadian Tire!

Yes, but I have also seen it for 46.99 or 47.99 near Xmas.

On a different but totally relevant note...

I think every single person who shops at CTC should make a CONSCIENTIOUS HABIT of informing the manager on duty that they WILL diligently be following up on any ECO fees they are charging and will pursue overcharging claims with a vengeance. I say nip these charge-happy bastards in the bud.

And it might surprise you (or not) that Walmart and other certain joints that are eating the ECO for now, DO track the level of ignorance exhibited by shoppers at their competitors. Don't give them reason to think they can get away with overcharging you later at their own retail outlets.

Don't say no one told ya..

No Eco-tax was charged on my charger.

Bought one today - initial thoughts:

- I haven't done any research on the desulphation and doubt I'll ever find out for myself whether or not its legit or just a gimmick, but I'll do a little GTAM searching and see what others have found, the reviews here already seem good.

-I like the fact I can set it to charge in either motorcycle 12.4v/0.8 a or 12v/3.3 a, I love my Battery Tender Jr, which doesn't give me the option, so it'll be handed down to my girlfriend.

Does anyone know whether or not YUASA and other sealed motorcycle batteries could handle a couple hours at 3.3 A just to speed things up? (charging up a battery a friend has neglected for a few months so he can get his bike started without my needing to leave my charger overnight)

Thanks all :)

Glad to hear that lots of people got in on the deal :)

Ontario Scraps `Eco Fees' on Some Household Products, Globe and Mail Says
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...e-household-products-globe-and-mail-says.html

I heard Canadian Tire did as well yesterday but not sure, look it up.

Does anyone know whether or not YUASA and other sealed motorcycle batteries could handle a couple hours at 3.3 A just to speed things up? (charging up a battery a friend has neglected for a few months so he can get his bike started without my needing to leave my charger overnight)

Answered my own question: just look at the battery itself. I noticed all my motorcycle batteries seem for for up to 5A while the bigger ones can take 5A for a couple hours, the smaller ones (scooter, CBR-125R) allow the higher A for less time (about 1 hour) - use either mode, just don't go crazy :)

I picked up one of these yesterday too, so thank Viffer!

I have a question about the ring-tongue terminal connector wire. If I hook that up, do I need to disconnect the battery over the winter? Will the pulse charging damage anything on the bike? Or is just a better practice to fully disconnect the battery when leaving it in the bike for a long period of time?

I just picked one of theese up today but i only payed like $12 :D
I had about $48 worth of Canadian Tire money :happy3:

Thanks Viffer for posting about the deal, i skipped right by it when i looked at the flyer myself...

Picked up a couple of them. FYI, they are kept in the glass case, not out on the shelves with the other chargers. Ask a salesperson for assistance.

got one too... Oshawa, not behind glass and no EcoFee (bought it last Friday)

I notice in the picture that the wiring harness that can be permanently installed on the battery with eyelets appears to have no fuse. If that is the case, then that is a big no no!

I would recommend putting an inline fuse on the positive side as close to the battery as possible, to prevent any shorts down the road. Otherwise, you have basically installed two wires directly to the battery and if the positive side ever comes in contact with the frame or ground, then you will short out the battery!

Just a thought.......

I notice in the picture that the wiring harness that can be permanently installed on the battery with eyelets appears to have no fuse. If that is the case, then that is a big no no!

I would recommend putting an inline fuse on the positive side as close to the battery as possible, to prevent any shorts down the road. Otherwise, you have basically installed two wires directly to the battery and if the positive side ever comes in contact with the frame or ground, then you will short out the battery!

Just a thought.......

Both cables that come with the charger have built-in inline fuses - 15 A I believe.

I picked up one of these chargers this past weekend. I had been looking at another tender, TecMate Optimate 3+, which was competitively priced but the CTC deal was very convenient.

Will the pulse charging damage anything on the bike? Or is just a better practice to fully disconnect the battery when leaving it in the bike for a long period of time?
The charger could potentially damage sensitive electronics, such as an alarm. It is best practice to fully disconnect the battery from the bike when being left for a long time. There are small devices, such as clocks or alarms, that take a trickle current from the battery that can fully discharge the battery over time.

Last edited:
will be stopping at Canadian Tire yet 3rd time this week.. lol

Excuse my noobish ignorance but I honestly have no clue how these work. Do you have to plug them into an outlet over the winter or do they kind of recycle power between it and the battery, sort of like an alternator in a car? (If that makes any sense at all). Also, can you ride with it hooked up like instances where you wanted to take your bike out on a clear winter day?

If these are idiotic questions don't be too harsh with the replies. ;)

Back
Top Bottom