Why ?! Why would you brake check someone when your on the bike ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why ?! Why would you brake check someone when your on the bike ?

油井緋色;2040949 said:
I'm not denying the rider was a complete moron. I'm saying the driver was ALSO a moron. You know how we can get an instant fail for "failing to avoid accident" on our G/M license tests? This would be a pretty good example.

Sorry, but it would be impossible for any car to avoid that "accident". Cars stop in over twice the distance of any motorcycle.
From that video, the driver may be charged with sitting in the passing lane, but the motorcyclist would face criminal charges, including assault.

Sorry, but it would be impossible for any car to avoid that "accident". Cars stop in over twice the distance of any motorcycle.
From that video, the driver may be charged with sitting in the passing lane, but the motorcyclist would face criminal charges, including assault.

Check out some stopping distances of cars vs motorcyles and you'll see its not twice the distance

So ... who's fault would this be in an insurance case scenario? I know typically if it's a rear ender then the person from behind gets hit with the fine and charged...but if it's like this...or can be proven (how without video I don't know) that the person intentionally braked hard in order to get hit...I'm curious because I'm sure it happens where a car in front hits the brakes hard for insurance fraud purposes and the poor driver behind gets to pay for the rest of his life for it.

The rider is clearly at fault. Roads laws are not always black-and-white. Brake testing is dangerous driving, and the result of any accident will lead to further charges.

The rider is clearly at fault. Roads laws are not always black-and-white. Brake testing is dangerous driving, and the result of any accident will lead to further charges.

What if the rider told police that he saw an animal on the side of the road and thought it was going to run out in front of him?

Posts like this make me wanna slap myself.

If you actually believe that, stop driving.

Check out some stopping distances of cars vs motorcyles and you'll see its not twice the distance

Matthew is correct. Your statement about stopping distances is completely false.

This is not meant to defend the rider.

Matthew is correct. Your statement about stopping distances is completely false.

This is not meant to defend the rider.

I'm honestly not sure about which one stops faster but I'm damn sure it isn't two times either way!!!!!!!

Somebody with a physics degree get in here, though I could've recall we had a thread on this before and the car won...?

油井緋色;2040937 said:
I'm pretty sure I can out brake him in my Forester with warped rotors and very weak brakes.
I knew this would trigger people to argue about relative braking performance. Only question now is, how bad will it get?

油井緋色;2040987 said:
Posts like this make me wanna slap myself.

If you actually believe that, stop driving.

If you think its ok to pass a car on a highway and jam on the brakes for no reason, you better take the bus home.
Similarly, if you are in a position to avoid, or brake, in traffic, you need to be aware of how far back the vehicles are, or the last thing going through your mind will be your butthole.

If you think its ok to pass a car on a highway and jam on the brakes for no reason, you better take the bus home.
Similarly, if you are in a position to avoid, or brake, in traffic, you need to be aware of how far back the vehicles are, or the last thing going through your mind will be your butthole.

I wasn't defending the bike if you read my other posts; I was stating that the driver is an equal moron. I would've pulled over to the curb and turned on the hazards. If the rider gets off and comes at me, that's a whole 'nother story.

油井緋色;2041001 said:
I'm honestly not sure about which one stops faster but I'm damn sure it isn't two times either way!!!!!!!

Somebody with a physics degree get in here, though I could've recall we had a thread on this before and the car won...?

It depends on many factors, speed, abs or not, weight of bike, weight of vehicle, what is in the vehicle. It's difficult to make a blank comparison because some bikes stop much faster than others, some vehicles are much slower to stop than others.
#1 selling road car is the Ford Focus, 174ft from 100km/hr. Light hatchback.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2012-ford-focus-sel-test-review

The slowest of supersports bikes (R-1) is 133 feet, a CBR will stop in 126 feet.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/114/6850/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Honda-CBR1000RR-Comparison-Track.aspx

That means at typical gaps on the 401, that hatchback is going right through you. But, you have to consider auto braking distances assume an empty vehicle, driver only, reality is rarely that. 18 wheeler with loads can take up to 600 feet.

I assume an SUV, with half-worn tires, with >55 year old reflexes. Maybe you guys only ride in front of a Corvette ZO6 driven by Ron Fellows, with fresh tires. You have to realize the reality of the road , and while you may be legally in the right, you can be dead right.

Just watched the video, pretty amazing evidence how basically both rider and driver lost their temper. Without having more information on what happened BEFORE the video, I'd say the rider asked for it.

Either case, I did notice the gas tank truck on the right lane... so imagine that the driver ram into the rider a couple more seconds after, the rider just MIGHT end up going under the truck.... and we can all see what would've came out of that one.

You can clearly see how dangerous the car get close to the bike when the bike just over took it.

The car wasnt slowing down at all. They're both at fault here.

However the bike will get the worse treatment. This is why biker should think of their health first, fck ego...

If the car driver was a jerk, being a moron back only make it worse for yourself.

Some years ago, I remember on the 401, I believe near Woodstock, where a couple of brain-deads got into a brake_check war. Both were in cars on their morning commute; one was killed, and the non-killed one got charged with manslaughter. They sure showed each other who's the man! If anyone can recall this incident, please share the link. Brake-check= **** for brains

Some years ago, I remember on the 401, I believe near Woodstock, where a couple of brain-deads got into a brake_check war. Both were in cars on their morning commute; one was killed, and the non-killed one got charged with manslaughter. They sure showed each other who's the man! If anyone can recall this incident, please share the link. Brake-check= **** for brains

I vaguely remember this but I think it was near Milton? An SUV and a sedan got into it. One rolled, the other sped off.

This is a third time this very same video gets re-posted on this forum during the same day.
How many more to come?

Back
Top Bottom