Help! Lowest quote $9800!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help! Lowest quote $9800!!

I was going to bring that up, but even if he wants to track, he is far ahead by selling the streetbike he owns and buying a bike that has already been setup for the track. He sounds younger than his age would suggest, so I don't think trying to have a rational discussion is worthwhile.

Most new riders in the 16-21 age group tend to get a motorcycle to impress their friends although they don't like to admit it.
Many of my friends started riding (I believe) for this reason, and ended up selling their bike and never riding again after they finished school and moved on to work.

You won't impress anyone at the track because you have an SS.

That being said, unless you can fall in love with a bike to the point of not wanting to sell it without riding it, has OP been riding dirty?
At 21, many things fly over your head because you do what you want - getting caught for this wouldn't be worth it.

I am turning 21 in August , currently holding on to a G2 but have my G test coming up in July. No at-fault accidents. A couple (2 I believe) tickets that drop off my record next year. And not eligible to take my M test till next year. I am in desperate need of advice and help!

I just caught this bit now - I'm blind and missed the beginning and end of the original post.
With less than 1 year of being licensed with an M class license, you're screwed if your only option is a SuperSport.

Last edited:
If that was me; I would either sell the bike
or
track race it only, plus buy a small displacement street legal enduro to prop up my insurance history.
would probably save money over the next 3 years and have way more fun anyway.

I recall reading about some sort of check you can do regarding the collision fault allocation ('demand' letter?). This would be to the original insurance company. Although being rear-ended, they could've possibly assigned you a % at-fault, thereby affecting current quotes when the new insurance company looks-up this collision in the system.

Dweeb I know of, got quoted $14k/yr for a SS. Had accidents and tickets. Wants to ride dirty cause it's too much for insurance. Won't listen to reason cause he's stuck on having a SS.

Hey man. I can understand your issue. The thing is that you’re young and have a super sport motorcycle $3,397 for a 250 sounds pretty high. I was 23 last year when I got my Ninja 300 and did the MSF course. I was paying $1,700 for the year from Riders plus. I sold the Ninja 300 and got a Vulcan 900. Ridersplus wanted $4,000 a year!!!! I got Co-operators to quote me for $800/year. Shop around man, and try to stay with a small bike for the first couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Sorry to clarify, the $9800/year is not "non-affordable" it's just I'm hoping to find the absolute lowest and best deal. And the accident I was not at fault (the guys rear ended me) so that should not affect my quote. I know the more cost-effective choice is to get a non supersport but unfortunately I am stubborn like that and have grown to love this bike to much and unwilling to sell it. Also another thing I forgot to add. One insurance broker I spoke to while attempt to get a quote told me that I am not allowed to ride a motorcycle if my case from the accident last year is still open (I have been off work since August 23,2017, currently doing physio twice a week, and have an open case in progress of suing the opposing party who hit me). This sounds ******** to me but can anyone confirm??

I'm with Robbo on this. I don't know your occupation but I can see why an insurer would pull the plug on benefits if they caught you riding. What kind of injury stops you from working but not riding.

Also if you have another "Off", compounding unhealed damage with new damage doesn't sound like a good idea.

A rear ender by someone else shouldn't affect your rates but who knows anymore. McLean I think had some problems with getting hit IIRC.

I was going to bring that up, but even if he wants to track, he is far ahead by selling the streetbike he owns and buying a bike that has already been setup for the track. He sounds younger than his age would suggest, so I don't think trying to have a rational discussion is worthwhile.

Technically it is already set up for the track as it was my buddies old track back. And I'm not sure why that last comment is necessary..

Most new riders in the 16-21 age group tend to get a motorcycle to impress their friends although they don't like to admit it.
Many of my friends started riding (I believe) for this reason, and ended up selling their bike and never riding again after they finished school and moved on to work.

You won't impress anyone at the track because you have an SS.

That being said, unless you can fall in love with a bike to the point of not wanting to sell it without riding it, has OP been riding dirty?
At 21, many things fly over your head because you do what you want - getting caught for this wouldn't be worth it.

I just caught this bit now - I'm blind and missed the beginning and end of the original post.
With less than 1 year of being licensed with an M class license, you're screwed if your only option is a SuperSport.

Yea no, I started riding because all my older buddies did and encouraged me to try it out. And so I did and ever since I was hooked. I clocked over 15,000kms on my first season last year on the 250 in a span of 3 months. I was the kid that would leave work at 8am (worked nightshifts) and wouldn't be home till 12pm because I would spend 4 hours ripping it up and down Mississauga road. And then after some sleep I would be back out at like 9pm and ride for another 3hours before work. I absolutely love riding. To address your other point, yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story. Which is why I am so desperately looking for insurance now. As much as I loved my 250, being so light and flickable to fun to ride, now that I've experienced a SS, I don't think I'd want to go back.

I'm with Robbo on this. I don't know your occupation but I can see why an insurer would pull the plug on benefits if they caught you riding. What kind of injury stops you from working but not riding.

Also if you have another "Off", compounding unhealed damage with new damage doesn't sound like a good idea.

A rear ender by someone else shouldn't affect your rates but who knows anymore. McLean I think had some problems with getting hit IIRC.

I was working at a warehouse before which required heavy lifting. And I see what you mean, makes sense. All my buddies are telling me to just lay low until atleast the case is closed and I have fully recovered but it's hard haha. Being off a bike from the accident has probably ****ed with my physiological more than physical pain.

The OP obtained their M1 last April and M2 followed. So we are talking about an SS with a rider that has just over a year of experience and it sounds like they may have even cancelled their insurance because they couldn’t ride after the collision.

You are going to pay what is being quoted. There are no short cuts or affordable alternatives other than riding without insurance.

This is simply based without consideration of the claim at all.

Limited riding experience and big power SS. It’s going to cost big $$$ to insure and there won’t be many jumping at the business.

Factor in the claim. Not at fault. However, it’s still open. The cost of that isn’t finalized.

Not well enough to work? Doing physio. Yet, want to ride a SS.

Carry on OP. You’ve got this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OP obtained their M1 last April and M2 followed. So we are talking about an SS with a rider that has just over a year of experience and it sounds like they may have even cancelled their insurance because they couldn’t ride after the collision.

You are going to pay what is being quoted. There are no short cuts or affordable alternatives other than riding without insurance.

This is simply based without consideration of the claim at all.

Limited riding experience and big power SS. It’s going to cost big $$$ to insure and there won’t be many jumping at the business.

Factor in the claim. Not at fault. However, it’s still open. The cost of that isn’t finalized.

Not well enough to work? Doing physio. Yet, want to ride a SS.

Carry on OP. You’ve got this.

You missed this part in your synopsis "yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story."

Once those get added to his abstract, his $45,000 quote may actually be the best he can get.

You missed this part in your synopsis "yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story."

Once those get added to his abstract, his $45,000 quote may actually be the best he can get.

Jesus. Why did I waste my time responding??????

Yuck!

.... To address your other point, yes i have been riding dirty on the 600.....
Wow, and they tell me you're the guy to thank for my higher insurance rates.
JJ just so you realize it :/ it's in our best interest if you never ride a motorcycle again, that is how much stupid you have committed.

Technically it is already set up for the track as it was my buddies old track back. And I'm not sure why that last comment is necessary..

Yea no, I started riding because all my older buddies did and encouraged me to try it out. And so I did and ever since I was hooked. I clocked over 15,000kms on my first season last year on the 250 in a span of 3 months. I was the kid that would leave work at 8am (worked nightshifts) and wouldn't be home till 12pm because I would spend 4 hours ripping it up and down Mississauga road. And then after some sleep I would be back out at like 9pm and ride for another 3hours before work. I absolutely love riding. To address your other point, yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story. Which is why I am so desperately looking for insurance now. As much as I loved my 250, being so light and flickable to fun to ride, now that I've experienced a SS, I don't think I'd want to go back.[/QUOTE]

Asked and answered. Enjoy waiting till your 30's to get out from under your mentality if you last that long.

.........yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story. Which is why I am so desperately looking for insurance now. ......

Missed that the first time. Unfortunately, you mess it up for the rest of us. Pay now or pay more later.

To address your other point, yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story. Which is why I am so desperately looking for insurance now.

[video=youtube;t-uT_Sfro4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-uT_Sfro4o[/video]

Back
Top Bottom