Best/Cheapest place to get tires mounted? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best/Cheapest place to get tires mounted?

just_luc

Site Supporter
Just got my tires in from Petes, wondering where the best place to have em mounted and balanced is.. bonus points if you've got a spot North of the GTA, but post up wherever you go and what you pay.

P.S. don't post "in my garage for free" or something stupid unless your willing to do mine to!

That's exactly what I was looking for! I've never been there, do you need an appointment? or is it a walk in first come first serve kinda deal?

That's exactly what I was looking for! I've never been there, do you need an appointment? or is it a walk in first come first serve kinda deal?
Just show up. People have posted before that he scratched their rims. He has never personally scratched mine and I've been there quite a few times. He has a touchless tire machine. Just be forewarned.

The other benefit of Rosey Toes is that he is downright hilarious.

Awesome, thanks.

If you show up first thing in the morning, be prepared to wait in line.

Most mornings youll find guys waiting outside his shop.

Just got my tires in from Petes, wondering where the best place to have em mounted and balanced is.. bonus points if you've got a spot North of the GTA, but post up wherever you go and what you pay.

P.S. don't post "in my garage for free" or something stupid unless your willing to do mine to!

When I went to Rosey Toes, he charged $20 per wheel off the bike, not $15. I suggest calling in to confirm the price.

If you want to keep your rims in good condition though, I highly recommend Heritage Auto instead. He charges $20 a rim (off the bike) as well, although he takes the necessary precaution when changing your tires. Even the weights added on the rims are the 'sticky' kind, which won't leave a mark.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?149208-Rosey-Toes-Still-scratching-up-rims

x10 to heritage...same price as rosey. his machine is coated in rubber, no chance of scratching rims.

i got to chill and watch the process go down. was very informative on the process. very fun.

big ups heritage

I end up down that way quite regularly anyway, but even if I had to make a specific trip, North York is only a half hour..

Bring him a tea and he'll throw the teabag against his neighbours house. The wall is covered in them lol.

wow, you're easily amused.

Can anyone recommend a place in Barrie for mounting and balancing?

St-Onge will do them I`m sure.. but I can only imagine what they charge.

I`m from Barrie and I`ll be going down to either Rosie Toes or Heritage on Friday, if you want to get me ur wheels before then I can take em with me.

St-Onge will do them I`m sure.. but I can only imagine what they charge.

I`m from Barrie and I`ll be going down to either Rosie Toes or Heritage on Friday, if you want to get me ur wheels before then I can take em with me.

Much appreciated man, but I live in Toronto. My bike is stored in Barrie and I only have access to it on weekends. The rear tire is flat-spotted so I kinda wanted to get them mounted up there and ride it home.

It's either check out St. Onge or wait an extra week to ride and bring the wheels home this weekend...

Remember people....shop's charge money...they need to make a living and feed their families.

Also, you get what you pay for.

Remember people....shop's charge money...they need to make a living and feed their families.

Also, you get what you pay for.

Right, but I can get car tires mounted and balanced for $10/wheel, why are moto tires so much more money?

Right, but I can get car tires mounted and balanced for $10/wheel, why are moto tires so much more money?

Where can you get that done? at $10/EA - (I wanna know actually - I need a tire swap)

Well....you can use the argument...seasonal work vs. all year work for a car repair guy.

Where can you get that done? at $10/EA - (I wanna know actually - I need a tire swap)

Well....you can use the argument...seasonal work vs. all year work for a car repair guy.

Last time i got that was Tirebuster in Midland. It was a couple years ago, not sure if it's still the same price or not.

car goes on hoist, 4-5 bolts each, direct swap. very fast

tires mounted on your rims require a machine to pull rubbers off, put rubbers on, inflate, seat, balance.

you are not getting your car rubbers put on for 10/ tire...maybe if they are on rims...

frekeyguy, call heritage.

they did my car tires for $20 total...i couldn't believe it. (on rims though)

Back
Top Bottom