New rider. Passed M2 with RTI | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider. Passed M2 with RTI

Jimsun

Hey guys. Ive been lurking the forum for awhile and i thought its time to register and greet/thanks everyone for their helpful posts.

To start, i wasnt all into bikes at all. Im sure that some of the members here fell in love with bikes when a buddy or 2 got bikes. It all started with me helping a friend with his bike. From there on, more friends got bikes. I guess youcan say jealousy. So anyways i jumped the gun and grabbed my M1 and scheduled for my m1 exit course through rti a following week.

Just want to say that it was a lot of fun!

I now hold an M2 license and planned on jumping on a cbr600rr. Since insurance is so high i decided that this may not happen or have to hold for awhile

Now im planning on getting a 70s cb 550 as a starter bike as it has potential and a great starter.

I dont plan on riding this year as the season is almost over.

I plan on having my gear ready by next season.

Im ready to spend up to 1.5 in gear. I believe that spending this much will help me from any downtime if i happen to get into altercation with another vehicle

Gear:::
gloves: gautlet
helmet:'white
suit: 2 piece
boots: full protection

i know everyone have their own different taste when it comes to protection. I respect their decision as they're of age to be responsible and smart.

Last edited:
Thanks guys

As for now, ill be lurking the forum as im not really a rider yet (must own a bike thats legally operational in the road)

The CB 550 will be a nice vintage bike to own. I may plan on riding in 2015 rather than next season if budget is tight.

Ill also want to have my gears before i start riding.

congrats on passing,bet your going crazy wanting to get riding?.

Haha yea. I wasn't planning on getting a bike anytime soon but i guess i found a nice deal so I'm going ahead for it.
Ive ask my buddy if i can ride his bike around the neighbourhood whenever theres a chance to. I cant stop leaning and downshifting. Motorcycles... So fun but dangerous :)

Last edited:
Congratulation I went to RTI in mid JULY for my M2 as well and I also passed, it was fun, never thought i was a bike person either but same as you with friends getting bike, and than I remember that I've always wanted to actually get a bike and eventually took my course and 1 week after the course I bought a bike =) haha, good luck with your search and have a safe ride next season.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

welcome!

Congrats on getting your M2. I got mine from RTI this year as well and right away got myself a bike. I cannot even being to mention just how much I've learned this year. The more you know ,the better it gets :)

Hey guys, just to update you all that I bought a vintage bike ^_^

.74 CB 550.

Congrats on getting your M2. I got mine from RTI this year as well and right away got myself a bike. I cannot even being to mention just how much I've learned this year. The more you know ,the better it gets :)

Thanks. I got mine late June with LEvi, Jonathan and Jon as my instructors. They were awesome!

Thanks

Congratulation I went to RTI in mid JULY for my M2 as well and I also passed, it was fun, never thought i was a bike person either but same as you with friends getting bike, and than I remember that I've always wanted to actually get a bike and eventually took my course and 1 week after the course I bought a bike =) haha, good luck with your search and have a safe ride next season.

As stated above, i went late june.

Back
Top Bottom