21 years old,with m2 is a 600cc SS possible? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

21 years old,with m2 is a 600cc SS possible?

Jet get an mp3 loop of a GP racing bike on your phone and play it through your headphones and get whatever bike you can afford.

What, lool. They sound awesome, I always loved hearing supers ports when I was a kid.
Drop by my place, you can rev my Hayabusa 1340 with moto-gp shorties. At 55 I still gives me a h@$*_o$.

My brain hurts.

Going from a 125 to a 600SS is a huge leap.

Your concern shouldn’t be with sound. It should be with experience.

Loving the sound of 600SS since you were a kid?

With all due respect, you haven’t been an adult long enough. Lol.

You’ve had a M2 less than a year.

There are cool, fun and quick 2 wheel machines out there that can be easier on the insurance cost.

I know when I was 21, I was pretty sure I had grown up. In

Check out a KTM RC390 for example. Or maybe a Ninja400?

Now these bikes haven’t been around a long time to have cheap used ones readily available. However, I’d argue they can provide years of enjoyment.

I know some folks that know how to have fun on a 125 and have no problem with a lack of power or the sound track for they matter.

Good look. Sorry if my post is coming off as an old fart wagging my finger.

600SS are fun. On a track. Out on the street? Not as much as many other bikes.

Just one fellas opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you on the sound of parallel twins...
Have you considered a cbr250/300? cheaper to buy, insure, and hwy capable. and it doesn't sound like twin.
I like the black one with yellow accents.

I had a ninja 300 for my first bike right when I got my M2, this year I have a cbr500r and the insurance is the exact same as what I was paying for the 300, still with M2

I don't really condone going from a 125 to a 600 SS. Going from 12HP to over 100 in one step is just askin' for it. Having said that...

...if you gotta do it (and I get it; singles and most twins just sound like **** to me too, and you're just after the sound of the flat-crank I4 consider some of the non-SS bikes out there. In addition to the aforementioned FZ6R, consider some other straight-bar "sport touring" and "naked" bikes like the Yamaha FZ8 and Fazer (779cc I4 of ~100HP), Kawasaki's Z800, Suzuki's GSX-S750.

The key is to stay away from "supersports". Most insurance companies blacklist these bikes because the stats on them are just that bad. If they don't do it explicitly -- "We don't insure those" -- they do it implicitly by offering up a premium they hope will scare you away.

Naked and "sport touring" bikes tend to get lower asks from insurance. It's worth a try to expand your search parameters a bit. But I strongly recommend inserting a step or two before going for the big-inch, high-power machinery, especially if you're just after sound.

Yeah Im still calling companies, I will probably try to get M as soon as possible. I wanted to ask you guys is there a difference between the 600cc SS like brand wise is a cbr600rr cheaper than a R6 or a Gsxr? I might get lucky with policy I could afford.

Also for the people recommend naked/sports touring, I understand. But I don't have the money to buy a 7-8K naked or sport touring. If I had the money I would have done that and just waited. I has mainly looking at the cb600f4i being a bit more tame than the newer race replica inspired SS.

Also for the people recommend naked/sports touring, I understand. But I don't have the money to buy a 7-8K naked or sport touring. If I had the money I would have done that and just waited. I has mainly looking at the cb600f4i being a bit more tame than the newer race replica inspired SS.
Try a 2007 Kawasaki zzr600. It's a supersport disguised as a sport touring as far as insurance is concerned. I believe Kawasaki renamed this model the Zx6r in 2008 or 2009, if I'm not mistaken. A buddy of mine only pays $40 a month to insure it. Of course he's in his mid 30s with full M and house/car bundled. But should be much cheaper to insure that than a newer SS.

Word of caution, as others have said, be very careful jumping from 125cc to 600cc. It's a big big difference especially a 600cc SS. It flies, and very easy to get carried away. My first time on it, I was going extremely illegal speeds without even realizing it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom