3 ticket, cant get insured ?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

3 ticket, cant get insured ??

Quattro21

So pretty much I can’t get insured because I still have 3 tickets in my driving record. They clear in 3 years so early next year they’ll hopefully be gone. But besides that, I talked to riders plus and they won’t insure me because of it, if I had 2 tickets it would be fine. Stupid but Oh well. But they said to look around because some insurance companies insure with 3 tickets. But I have no idea which ones do and I can’t find any online. Do any one of you know any insurance companies that will insure you with 3 tickets ? Thanks

So pretty much I can’t get insured because I still have 3 tickets in my driving record. They clear in 3 years so early next year they’ll hopefully be gone. But besides that, I talked to riders plus and they won’t insure me because of it, if I had 2 tickets it would be fine. Stupid but Oh well. But they said to look around because some insurance companies insure with 3 tickets. But I have no idea which ones do and I can’t find any online. Do any one of you know any insurance companies that will insure you with 3 tickets ? Thanks
3 strikes man ...

I would suggest to call brokers that specialize in motorcycle insurance. Dalton Timmis, and Mitchel whale come to mind.

Also Chris and Paul South may be able to help.

TD insures with 3, but with their bike rates and 3 tickets on your record you are better off...... not sure what you are better off doing.

What did you ride?

:| and how do you feel about dirt bikes or mopeds

Just hang tight, that extra $5000 will go pretty far towards a nicer bike

Insurance companies will insure you with three tickets, just not all of them. They determine your rate based off the type of tickets you have, a impaired driving charge will affect the rate differently than let's say 3 minor speeding tickets.

I got two tickets and am currently insured with echelon.

The extra premium because of my tickets is exactly $50 more a month, $25 per. I know this because my original quote was for $137 a month and then they looked up my licence and quoted me a new $187. Just some food for thought.

What kind of experience do you have?

A lot of insurance companies may be willing to take an experienced rider with 6-8+ years of full M riding experience with 3 tickets, but wouldn't touch a new rider with 3 tickets with a thousand foot pole.

Remember, you CAN get insurance...find a broker who deals with facility. You probably just won't like the number they give you much.

What kind of experience do you have?

A lot of insurance companies may be willing to take an experienced rider with 6-8+ years of full M riding experience with 3 tickets, but wouldn't touch a new rider with 3 tickets with a thousand foot pole.

Remember, you CAN get insurance...find a broker who deals with facility. You probably just won't like the number they give you much.

I was thinking the same. One ticket is a mistake. The second one is possibly a coincidence. The third says you are a slow learner.

Facility is for thick wallets and if they clear in a year so it could give you a lot more play money if you wait it out.

I've heard comments about having facility on your record labels you as high risk for a lot longer than your wait for the tickets to clear. Can anyone confirm?

I believe you're correct nobbie. My wife had two minor incidents within 6 months which were unfortunately reported to our insurance company. Nothing happened until renewal time when our insurer (Wawanesa or Gore, I can't remember now) said they wouldn't cover us any more. We had to go to Facility and got raped for 6 years I believe before we could transfer to another normal carrier.

I believe you're correct nobbie. My wife had two minor incidents within 6 months which were unfortunately reported to our insurance company. Nothing happened until renewal time when our insurer (Wawanesa or Gore, I can't remember now) said they wouldn't cover us any more. We had to go to Facility and got raped for 6 years I believe before we could transfer to another normal carrier.

wtf..if your on facility for even a year that goes on your 'record'? And stays there for 6 years?

or did you just stay with facility because no one would insure with tickets on your record?

Last edited:
Tickets should stay for only 3...accidents stay for 6. That said, if you are charged with major, criminal, or have your license suspended, I'm not sure how long that would still be visible to insurers.

Yeah, we had to stay with facility until we qualified for another insurer I believe. It was several years (decades) ago so my memory is fuzzy.

wtf..if your on facility for even a year that goes on your 'record'? And stays there for 6 years?

or did you just stay with facility because no one would insure with tickets on your record?

To be 100% clear - having facility insurance does not count against you, only the conditions that resulted in you using it in the first place

To be 100% clear - having facility insurance does not count against you, only the conditions that resulted in you using it in the first place

Thanks for the clarification.

Tickets should stay for only 3...accidents stay for 6. That said, if you are charged with major, criminal, or have your license suspended, I'm not sure how long that would still be visible to insurers.

Accidents stay on for 10...Claims for life

But neither can be held against you (by law) after a certain amount of years.

There could be a catch. They may not be able hold those charges against you but they are still part of your history. If asked you would be lying if you said you never had a claim. The claim wouldn't work against you but the lie could.

Zero reason to lie when the truth is irrelevant if the required number of years have passed.

And most insurance companies are careful to ask “Any accidents or claims in the last X number of years”, not “List off every single accident and claim you’ve ever had”...as most people wouldn’t remember that sort of history regardless.

Back
Top Bottom