Where dose everyone order mx parts | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where dose everyone order mx parts

Looked on line stock bike is 96db and with full akrapavic system 98db with insert and arrester.. Just made the cut. Lol do we need insurance to ride the granny?

You need insurance to ride ANYWHERE THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY.

You also need a trail pass. Either daily or yearly.

Looked on line stock bike is 96db and with full akrapavic system 98db with insert and arrester.. Just made the cut. Lol do we need insurance to ride the granny?
Dont believe what they tell you on line,im sure thats the best db measurement they give you.If your stock system is 96db why get a louder system,cant you just get an arrester insert.I ran a Q2 and tested 89db why would you want to go louder than stock,I dont think that expensive system will be worth the gains.Spend your hard earned money on suspension work unless you weigh around 150lbs.You will need insurance,offroad plate and trail pass to ride ganny or oftr membership to ride simcoe.

Dont believe what they tell you on line,im sure thats the best db measurement they give you.If your stock system is 96db why get a louder system,cant you just get an arrester insert.I ran a Q2 and tested 89db why would you want to go louder than stock,I dont think that expensive system will be worth the gains.Spend your hard earned money on suspension work unless you weigh around 150lbs.You will need insurance,offroad plate and trail pass to ride ganny or oftr membership to ride simcoe.
Just wanted to confirm insurance. I'll be plating and getting a year pass at granny. Good point on the suspension.

I raced an enduro at ganny last summer and no one checked if I even had an ownership

Then I take it no db test before heading out or while on the trail

Not sure about that.

We had two cops stop us in Simcoe and check all our paperwork. At the Ganny we had a girl come up and check our paperwork as well.

Then I take it no db test before heading out or while on the trail
There is always a db check before any organized ride,as far as on the trail opp will do spot checks at any time and look for insurance,ownership and trail pass,this year they might even look for spark arrestor.We have seen seven guys in the same group getting over $700 in fines for no insurance,no trail pass,excessive noise.

Last edited:
There is always a db check before any organized ride,as far as on the trail opp will do spot checks at any time and look for insurance,ownership and trail pass,this year they might even look for spark arrestor.We have seen seven guys in the same group getting over $700 in fines for no insurance,no trail pass,excessive noise.
Understandable if you have no paper work with you. I snowmobile and it's all the same.

Not sure about that.

We had two cops stop us in Simcoe and check all our paperwork. At the Ganny we had a girl come up and check our paperwork as well.

Good to know, thanks. I'll be sure to put my phone number on the paperwork just in case. lol

To answer the original question, I have been buying from all over the place. Local dealer (so far OEM parts are not too badly priced), Strictly MX for suspension work and some parts, and online (eBay, motorcycle-superstore, etc).

To answer the original question, I have been buying from all over the place. Local dealer (so far OEM parts are not too badly priced), Strictly MX for suspension work and some parts, and online (eBay, motorcycle-superstore, etc).
GOing with stricky mx for suspension work, just want to get some seat time so I can let him know what I feal needs to change.

GOing with stricky mx for suspension work, just want to get some seat time so I can let him know what I feal needs to change.

If you don't weight about 160lbs then any information you collect will be invalid. I made this mistake too. The bike felt okay, but I have probably learned some bad habits to make up for the bike doing things it shouldn't because of incorrect springs. My bike is at SMX right now getting springs installed and Mike said it will make a HUGE difference to how the bike feels.

If you don't weight about 160lbs then any information you collect will be invalid. I made this mistake too. The bike felt okay, but I have probably learned some bad habits to make up for the bike doing things it shouldn't because of incorrect springs. My bike is at SMX right now getting springs installed and Mike said it will make a HUGE difference to how the bike feels.

Ya 160 lol That was when I was 15, I body build so buy summer im 205lbs right now 190lbs. So ether way It needs to be changed.

If you don't weight about 160lbs then any information you collect will be invalid.

sticker,375x360.png

Was gonna go check This place out but i don't think they got much to offer racers , looks like just trail riders and road riders.

I believe they can get you anything you need and can order from the same catalogs everybody else does. I've ordered stuff that wasn't on their website before. I was in a jam and the owner overnighted me the parts I needed to be up and running for the weekend.

Mike will tell you what you need for how you ride, skill level and weight.
He did mine last year and it was a pretty extensive list on what changed... Basically the only thing that is stock is now the tubes/rod and some seals. Everything else is specifically for me.

My bike is there right now. High comp piston, hot cams, port and polish the head, carb tuning and another suspension rebuil. Thing is gonna be a rocket!

My bike is there right now. High comp piston, hot cams, port and polish the head, carb tuning and another suspension rebuil. Thing is gonna be a rocket!

That sounds awesome! I just got mine back from him last weekend. Just did new springs for now since I really don't know how to ride it properly. haha... It's ridiculous how much firmer it is. I can't wait to ride it.

Mike will tell you what you need for how you ride, skill level and weight.
He did mine last year and it was a pretty extensive list on what changed... Basically the only thing that is stock is now the tubes/rod and some seals. Everything else is specifically for me.

He's got his site down

Back
Top Bottom