Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 210 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Loving my Lumia 950 XL and a friend the same with the 950. It meets all the feature wants recently posted up; removable battery, plug n play PC/Windows and viewable folders, headphone jack :), usb-c, etc. It also has what may still be the top camera out there (quality and 20 megapixel :)), wireless charging (haven't plugged this phone into anything for months), free cloud data, unlocked, dual sim (!), windows 10, microsd memory (I have a 200 GB card in it, lol), 4k video (watch the many youtube vids, awesome), liquid cooling (!) octa/hexa-core processor, AMOLED high ppi QUADHD resolution screen, and gorilla glass 4. That's an awesome feature set. It doesn't have the app support of either apple or google for the app lovers, but it has many great apps and I'm pretty happy with app set overall. Great flagship phone that I got on sale for $425 including tax a year and a half ago. That sale came back once more half a year later. On the used market now-a-days they can be ridiculously well priced. Rare, sleek, can be attention-getting, and a great OS phone. My windows 10 phone made my computer windows 10 experience even more intuitive, which was great.

For the value buyers out there, there was the crazy Lumia 650 deal last christmas for $79 at the GTA microsoft stores; one day in-store. They sold many many, and out of them by end of day. Even now, the Microsoft US store is selling them for $199 US. Great mid range phone running Windows 10 mobile and fully compatible with all the continued OS upgrades to this day. Should be super cheap on the used market now as well.

I just want to mention these phone options to some of the renewed interest here in purchasing a phone.

Looking back on it now, what a great set of purchases. These new flagship phones now hitting $1300 plus tax is getting crazy.

Last edited:
It's not often we get such unequivocal proof that a company is deliberately screwing people over. That's the context here.

They say the technology is outdated -> Nope, they keep using it on other product lines.
They say there's no room for a jack -> Nope, a home built phone mod fits it in existing space.

Why the lies?

And consider, why did Apple go to Lightening port two years before USB-C standard was released? Of course they knew it was coming and they could have fit the 30-pin connector into the 5 and 5s if they wanted. The only reason to change ports immediately before USB-C was to prop up royalty revenues well into the future. Dropping the iPhone 3.5mm jack just fed into that strategy. They are brilliant scammers, that's for sure.

Another negative regarding the loss of the headphone jack I came across recently, was the number of users that have had to get their damaged lightning port replaced on their phones because of all the extra wear and tear and tugging and bending on the port as its no longer used just for charging any more.

It's not often we get such unequivocal proof that a company is deliberately screwing people over. That's the context here.

They say the technology is outdated -> Nope, they keep using it on other product lines.
They say there's no room for a jack -> Nope, a home built phone mod fits it in existing space.

Why the lies?

My first thought when the headphone jack disappeared was that square (and other similar payment companies) used the jack to easily accept a card reader. Apple wants a cut of every transaction going through a device so they make it harder for others to get the device to process transactions. Now the payment companies have to develop bluetooth (or usb-c) card readers with the associated development, hardware and potentially battery costs.

bluetooth also drastically reduces the quality of audio
I have an android phone with Yamaha DAC on the chip

have some FLAC tracks on it, use it as a player to my audio system via headhone jack
bluetooth kills the signal, sounds like an AM radio in comparison
All I read was blah blah blah ^^^ lol what is DAC and FLAC??

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

@kwtoxman that was the only issue I had with my WinPhone, apps. But battery life, and pretty much everything else is awesome.
When I got my G4, I parked the S4. But I keep using my Lumia 625 as a back up internet device if I'm charging the LG. I also still always use the FM radio on it. Data charges ftw! Lol

@GreyGhost are you thinking of switching carriers? If so, dm me. A Telus rep came by my work a little while ago. We are not *supposed* to use them as we have a coporate contract with Rogers. However iirc they were offering 500 mins, unlimited eve and w/e talk, unlimited text (both Can wide) and 3 gb data for $65+tx. And that is with a 32gb Pixel included.

If you don't already know, you probably won't care.

DAC-Digital to Analog Converter, turns the 1's and 0's back into music
FLAC-lossless digital audio, compression schemes such as MP3 throw out a lot of the music to make it smaller and can sound horrendous when hooked up to something that accurately reproduces sound. FLAC gives you the music as it was originally produced (for better or for worse depending on the skill of the original production team)

DAC is digital to analog converter...cheap ones do a poor job and you get poor conversion

FLAC is a high bit rate type of audio file, like a hidef mp3

I use the headphone jack to connect to a samsung tube amp powered music dock with my phone, great sound

but not everyone expects this with a phone

dont think an iphone will even play FLAC files, android will with the right music app installed

Thanks @GreyGhost @JavaFan
The loss of "quality" sound is why I stay away from mp3. CD sound is bad enough, I don't enjoy it being digitized even more. I tried the whole music on a device thing....I can't do it. I still lug CDs around with me in the car.

@GreyGhost are you thinking of switching carriers? If so, dm me. A Telus rep came by my work a little while ago. We are not *supposed* to use them as we have a coporate contract with Rogers. However iirc they were offering 500 mins, unlimited eve and w/e talk, unlimited text (both Can wide) and 3 gb data for $65+tx. And that is with a 32gb Pixel included.

I hate all carriers. Do they even read this crap before putting it out? ~$85/mo for 1 phone with unlimited calling and 5 gb data. To add a second phone that shared the data is another $75/mo. wtf. It is actually cheaper to have 2 separate accounts than a single combined account ($147 separate with 6 gigs of data, $159 shared account with 5 gigs). How the hell does that make sense?

Heaphone jacks rock :) . I have been using my Sennheiser HD 598 headphones with my Lumia 950 XL all the time now. Wow, amazing sound. I've found much of my music is well enough recorded with good left to right soundstaging to stand out with these headphones. This includes my posts/songs in the what are you listening to now thread.

Of course with 200 GB of memory space on my lumia 950 XL I can FLAC it up too. I have a lot of great music on my phone. My computer song collection is around 15k songs, and much of it lossless.

I have a few high end audiophile systems at home, one with tubes.

Last edited:
Heaphone jacks rock :) . I have been using my Sennheiser HD 598 headphones with my Lumia 950 XL all the time now. Wow, amazing sound. I've found much of my music is well enough recorded with good left to right soundstaging to stand out with these headphones. This includes my posts/songs in the what are you listening to now thread.

Of course with 200 GB of memory space I can FLAC it up too. I have a lot of great music on my phone. My computer song collection is around 15k songs, and much of it lossless.

I have a few high end audiophile systems at home, one with tubes.

you sound like a torrent criminal...errr I meant collector

Lol @GreyGhost post.
I have $45 500 mins/ unlimited text/ 500 mb data.
Rogers called to ask me if I wanted to pay $75 for the same plan but with unlimited daytime calling. Because unlimited daytime calling is a great deal. I told them that I'm pretty sure that I didn't use 500 min daytime ALL YEAR. no thank you.

If only my ears were that good lol.

Who's to say he didn't rip them himself? I digitized 400+ CD's so I didn't need to pull the originals out (I still have the originals in storage).

dude, CD's are already digital, but I know you know that..
word has it, now I wouldn't personally know
but you may be able to download flac rips from vinyl sources that sound freaking awesome

If only my ears were that good lol.

Not caring is a good place to be. You can buy almost anything and be happy with the results. I know many people that are exceedingly happy with bose systems and I can't stand them.

The only system I have ever heard that I can say was jaw dropping was a 2 channel system that cost close to $150,000 and was almost 200 sq ft setup (plus the listening area). Everything else had been various degrees of meh. I don't have that much money or space (or desire to spend that much on one thing) so I live with meh.

but you may be able to download flac rips from vinyl sources that sound freaking awesome

I wasn't saying that I got anything that sounded better, it was just repackaging into a more convenient form (and showing that not all large digital music collections are illegal).

I have some vinyl, I haven't listened to digitized vinyl. I don't have anything setup right now that sounds good enough to seek out good quality recordings.

I'm always for a side discussion on sound systems and music.
Who's to say he didn't rip them himself? I digitized 400+ CD's so I didn't need to pull the originals out (I still have the originals in storage).

Yup. Many of us do. I have some fellow audiophile friends with huge collections FLAC collections they ripped themselves.

FLAC files and other lossless format files are simply an audio file using a lossless compression format; the sources that they are ripped from can be either digital or analog, including vinyl. Easy to do and there are some great A/D converters that aren't expensive (and others that are). I got onto this years ago.

Last edited:
The only system I have ever heard that I can say was jaw dropping was a 2 channel system that cost close to $150,000 and was almost 200 sq ft setup (plus the listening area). Everything else had been various degrees of meh. I don't have that much money or space (or desire to spend that much on one thing) so I live with meh.
One can get impressive 2 channel systems at much less than $150k, but it won't be typical consumer price cheap. I started a GTA audiophile group years ago and listened to systems from $10k into the $250k+ range. Amazing times and met a bunch of great people. I heard one system on Magnepans that was life-changing and not super expensive; the best I've heard (though one of the $250k+ systems I heard did approach it). I think my two channel system is very impressive, spent years sourcing it and finding synergy between components. The hobby is small but enthusiastic. There is a lot of great equipment out there, and the used market can mean tens of thousands of dollars in savings.

A very effective and cheap alternative to expensive sound systems is a good pair of headphones. My Sennheiser 598 headphones can retail for around $500, but street prices are much less and I got mine on sale for a chunk under half that with tax. They are better than any sound system you can get for even $5k. Most everyone is very impressed with them. People should definitely try that. I think the 598's are a good start to see big differences, and one can go up from their in price and to even more quality. Next is 650, 700 and 800 (and other manufacturer equivalents). Though one will need a headphone amplifier for those models above the 598s (which is why I got the 598s, they work well as a plug and play with my cell phone). All of these headphones are open back, which give a huge open soundstage, and are very different sounding from the typical closed back headphones most people have experience with.

Last edited:
One can get impressive 2 channel systems at much less than $150k, but it won't be typical consumer price cheap. I started a GTA audiophile group years ago and listened to systems from $10k into the $250k+ range. Amazing times and met a bunch of great people. I heard one system on Magnepans that was life-changing and not super expensive; the best I've heard (though a $250k+ system I heard did approach it). I think my two channel system is very impressive, spent years sourcing it and finding synergy between components. The hobby is small but enthusiastic. There is a lot of great equipment out there, and the used market can mean tens of thousands of dollars in savings.

A very effective and cheap alternative to expensive sound systems is a good pair of headphones. My Sennheiser 598 headphones can retail for around $500, but street prices are much less and I got mine on sale for a chunk under half that with tax. They are better than any sound system you can get for even $5k. Most everyone is very impressed with them. People should definitely try that. I think the 598's are a good start to see big differences, and one can go up from their in price and to even more quality. Next is 650, 700 and 800 (and other manufacturer equivalents). Though one will need a headphone amplifier for those models above the 598s (which is why I got the 598s, they work well as a plug and play with my cell phone). All of these headphones are open back, which give a huge open soundstage, and are very different sounding from the typical closed back headphones most people have experience with.

Maybe we should start an audio thread so we don't mess up the humongous cell thread anymore?

I'm not saying you need to spend 150K, I'm just saying that of everything I have ever listened to, that was the only thing I have heard that was magical. As a realistic decent sounding 2 channel system, Dynaudios and a decent amp would make me happy. The most expensive system I have put together and played with was worth over $1,000,000, but it was 150,000 watts so it wasn't exactly made for fine listening.

I have some decent (or better) headphones and IEM's. There are some definite advantages in space and price (similar to motorbike vs equivalent performing car) but I still prefer speakers if given the choice.

I recently tried some Q Audio Concept 20's. Bleh, got them for $300 and returned them. They were not for me.

I am running KEF's for surround sound, also bleh.

I have never listened to Magnepans, but am now intrigued and will keep my eyes open.

Back to iphone sucks. Didn't someone use to make audiophile(ish) ipods or iphones? IIRC you would send them the device and $800 and they would replace the dac's and give you preout instead of headphone out.

Back
Top Bottom