Eastern Ontario Sat 7 Jul | GTAMotorcycle.com

Eastern Ontario Sat 7 Jul

Brian P

Site Supporter
It looks like we will finally be getting a break from the heat wave this weekend, and it's not a race weekend. So, here's the plan ...

The bike goes to Bancroft in the van Saturday morning bright and early, I'd like to be there for 9:30 AM although reality might dictate it being slightly later.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ti...23e39a903c!8m2!3d45.0701167!4d-77.86342?hl=en

Across the street from that location is a plaza that is not used on the weekend. That's the jumping-off point. (I've done this before.)

Destination Calabogie via backroads, lunch stop in Calabogie. It's a little over 300 km for the loop. Depending on how I feel, that could be extended to about 350 km by detouring through Lanark.

If anyone wants to join in, speak up. I'm doing the two hours of drudgery on either end in the van because I can. If someone wants to join in at that Timmies ... by all means do.

Sport riding, but non-idiotic pace.

Hmmm... I just told my wife I wasn't going riding this Saturday and she told me that she wants me to have fun and go riding. Not sure if this is a trick - perhaps meme can interpret.

Will keep you posted if I can join - and if I did, I'd ride out to Bancroft.

Yep, bike is in the van ready to go. Planning to be at the timmies for 9:30 AM on Saturday. See you there.

Won't be able to join you guys on this ride but totally wish I could! Enjoy fellas, looking like great conditions tomorrow

Good group, nice ride.

Did you go all the way across 118? You must have done >1000 km today. No way I had that in me. I might do Southwood as a separate trip later this summer.

Yeah 1100km today. After Bancroft cut across South Baptiste Lake Rd, then to Essonville Line then all the way across the 118. Got home at 8.

Southwood is in fine form and I still haven't done the 518 this year:)

Hopefully later in the month for me. I have been wanting to get over there for a while.
Maybe park your van around Huntsville?

Last weekend of July is NG on my end (SOAR at Grand Bend). Weekend of 21-22 is open ...

July is a very busy and unpredictable month for me at work, so I won't know what weekend days I can have off until a few days before the actual weekend.
https://goo.gl/maps/Zm1MLGkQgVK2 - this is the route I've done many times and it has lots of gas and rest stops along the way. Same as what you had earlier with the eastern side filled in.

I think the link might be incorrect. Can you verify please.
The link works as it should. Are you trying to view it on a mobile phone? Sometimes that turns it into a 5 minute route.
Especially if it's an iPhone.

This is what it looks like from my laptop:
Muskoka%20Route.jpg

Yes, that's exactly what I was doing and was happening...
Thanks for posting the picture of the route...

The link works as it should. Are you trying to view it on a mobile phone? Sometimes that turns it into a 5 minute route.
Especially if it's an iPhone.

This is what it looks like from my laptop:
Muskoka%20Route.jpg

Hey guys,

Sorry I'm late, finally made my account. Wanted to say thanks for organizing the ride Brian, it was great! Thanks Shane for the scenic detour home.

Cheers
AJ

Back
Top Bottom