Ownership and Insurance papers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ownership and Insurance papers?

Max527

Hey all,

I just got a bike recently and questioning putting all the papers under the seat at all times.
Does anyone know if I can keep photocopy them and keep originals at home?
Where does everyone keep the important paper?

Thanks

Hey all,

I just got a bike recently and questioning putting all the papers under the seat at all times.
Does anyone know if I can keep photocopy them and keep originals at home?
Where does everyone keep the important paper?

Thanks

It is my understanding that a copy of ownership is fine. Make sure you have a copy of both sides and update it every time you add a new plate sticker.

I can't see the upside to a photocopy of your insurance slip. They give you a handful of originals.

FWIW, I travel with the bike docs in an inside jacket pocket, not left on the bike. It can be a pain to get into the trunk at roadside while chatting with the constabulary.

I have always kept a photocopy of both under the seat in a ziplock bag, just in case, as well as the originals in my wallet. This is the same OCD behavior as why I always travel with two passports.

^nah, that's just because neither countries want ya!

Max- seriously? Your wallet wouldn't hold a couple slips of paper?????

Wish my wallet was that big lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
It's.... Pretty small

That's what she said!
fafaf2a36ea1554edb5967b8911d8f2e.jpg

FWIW, I travel with the bike docs in an inside jacket pocket, not left on the bike. It can be a pain to get into the trunk at roadside while chatting with the constabulary.

That is what I do as well, I put my ownership and insurance in the fold over pouch I get from my insurance provider then place that in a zip lock bag and put it in a rarely used pocket which is where it stays always.

Original ownership at home. Photocopy of both sides or 2 sided copy in my wallet and in my helmet. Original ins. slip in wallet and helmet.

Original Registration at home.
Photocopy in pocket of jacket
Copy scanned to phone
Tattoo of doc. on my ***
Another photocopy locked inside a safety deposit box at my bank, key locked in another safety deposit box at a different bank. The second safety deposit box key is kept at my lawyers office.

Try real hard boys, I'm sure you could manage it. It's paper ffs!

I believe a photocopy of the ownership is legal, however a photocopy of the insurance slip is illegal.

If you’re getting pulled over for something, chances are you’ll get a ticket for improper paperwork regardless of what happens .

I place originals in a ziplock bag and keep it under the seat. Been doing that forever, never had any issues with losing or damaging any paperwork.

I place originals in a ziplock bag and keep it under the seat. Been doing that forever, never had any issues with losing or damaging any paperwork.

+1 to above

I was just worried incase bike ever got stolen.

I believe a photocopy of the ownership is legal, however a photocopy of the insurance slip is illegal.

If you’re getting pulled over for something, chances are you’ll get a ticket for improper paperwork regardless of what happens .

I think you're right. I only receive a digital copy of my insurance slip for my car and don't have a colour printer. I'll take that chance and would argue in court about the officer wasting everyone's time. I have insurance and proof (not the pink colour though), this passes the reasonableness test in my book.

Wish my wallet was that big lol

How can an insurance slip and ownership not fit your wallet? Its made a certain size so it can fit wallets. My wallet has like half-a-dozen little pockets, I got all of them filled with my drivers licence, credit cards and insurance/ownership slips. My wallet is never in my pant's pocket, I always carry it inside a little backpack I use when I go riding.

How can an insurance slip and ownership not fit your wallet? Its made a certain size so it can fit wallets. My wallet has like half-a-dozen little pockets, I got all of them filled with my drivers licence, credit cards and insurance/ownership slips. My wallet is never in my pant's pocket, I always carry it inside a little backpack I use when I go riding.
Small wallet
11f1f0f3923fcdf42d770f85352f6210.jpg

Back
Top Bottom