Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition) | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition)

Was nice to be out for a few hours this afternoon although a few country roads were wet. Main roads were fine. Got home just as the sun was setting.

Unless we have another day like today, that’s it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a short run out toward Port Perry today. Roads wet, started raining so I cut things short and turned back at Lakeridge. Took one of the old girls today as the conditions dictated conservative. Nothing more fun than going for a romp on a 35 year litre bike with squishy suspension and a 110 x 19 front and 120 x 18 rear.

Rode to work and back yesterday. Rode in December. Mission accomplished. Bike is on stand, fuel stabilizer in.
Unless there is a stunning 3-4 day run of 5c+ weather coming up, it's done for 2018.

Sections actually look almost rideable out here today, soaking wet, slippery as snot but ridable.
Lake ice is a complete mess.

Roads are lightly snow covered but the woods are 80% dirt and rock, if sun ever comes out everything will be good.

rode to work today. didnt expect it to constantly snow from 1pm and onwards though. useless weather app.

I had to head in to work for a bit today (normally my day off on Mondays.). A few flurries the weather said...

Well it was pretty heavy snow on the way home from Vaughn to Port Perry. To make it more interesting the temperature dropped below freezing so what was just a bit of wet snow became slush that froze on everything. (The snow had pretty much stopped by in Port Perry.). This picture doesn't do it justice but the front of the bike was coating with about half an inch of frozen slush.

LOGePXa.jpg

..Tom

^ they have these things now called 'cars'
you sit inside them out of the cold. they have heaters and everythng !!

^ they have these things now called 'cars'
you sit inside them out of the cold. they have heaters and everythng !!

Sure and there are these things called "Bus's" and "Trains" and "Airplanes" and "Houses" you can just stay inside as well.

But what has that got to do with anything?

..Tom

Last edited:
...nice ride home tho feet a bit chilly - batteries on the heated inner soles ran out.

Yup that's why Battery operated heated gear is silly on a bike. When riding you have a great source of power between your legs (at least some of us do) that provides lots of electricity to run heated gear all day long.

Why risk dead batteries?

..Tom

Because I don't like the cabling for the socks - it's annoying enough for the heated glove liners tho they are great. The insoles work fine for the short rides I take and I forgot to turn it to low.

I had to head in to work for a bit today (normally my day off on Mondays.). A few flurries the weather said...

Well it was pretty heavy snow on the way home from Vaughn to Port Perry. To make it more interesting the temperature dropped below freezing so what was just a bit of wet snow became slush that froze on everything. (The snow had pretty much stopped by in Port Perry.). This picture doesn't do it justice but the front of the bike was coating with about half an inch of frozen slush.

LOGePXa.jpg

..Tom

wow man you are a trooper!
ride safe out there

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Because I don't like the cabling for the socks - it's annoying enough for the heated glove liners tho they are great. The insoles work fine for the short rides I take and I forgot to turn it to low.
What liners do you have ? I need a set and cant find them anywhere close..

Is there no brine on the road there now? V-Tom's bike looks like it's coated in salt.

Sure there is. I spray some s100 on it, rinse it off and oil the chain; job done

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

An alternate title for this thread for some of us: Who to be careful about buying a used bike from . . . It's all fun and games, until you can't get parts to function.

An alternate title for this thread for some of us: Who to be careful about buying a used bike from . . . It's all fun and games, until you can't get parts to function.

Not sure what the weather has to do with your statement...

Not sure what the weather has to do with your statement...
Look a couple of pages back and you'll see what a little salt/brine does to a motorcycle. Now imagine that over a period of time, where you need to unbolt and replace parts.

Back
Top Bottom