Southwood 13 - still a stink bomb | GTAMotorcycle.com

Southwood 13 - still a stink bomb

It's a shame that no one is in a hurry to get Southwood 13 back in fine riding shape. I gave up on it last year with hopes that this year would be better. Nope. I'm sure plenty of others have got rolling just to find loose gravel in the tightest turns. Has anyone run the full distance with a report? I gave up very easily heading west yesterday.

thanks, -Al

I gave up riding that years ago. I`m sure whom ever it is that runs the council chooses to leave it that way.

I gave up riding that years ago. I`m sure whom ever it is that runs the council chooses to leave it that way.

Yup. x2.

It's a **** hole of a road now, not worth the trip up there...or the visit if I'm up there

I run it end to end nearly every weekend. Either on the way north or back. It's a great road, you just have to ride eyes wide open. Then again I'm not bothered when the rear slides a little. To each their own...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

It was really nice earlier in the season - I was on it a bunch of times until late June and it was very clean. The gravel work is recent.

Ran it this past Saturday. I had a blast on my li'l GS but my two buddies on their cruisers not so much.

I did it 2 weekends ago and it was a schit show. Tons of gravel in corners, pot holes, and gravel road stretches...its a shame. Still had fun, but needed to take it darn easy. Worst case scenario...if you are taking it north, once your off southwood, you are in la la land with tons of fun roads in the area!

Rode it today, south part is mostly gravel/chip. Pot holes galore, cooper falls road is not much better. North of Peterson road tarmac has been shaved down. Heavy construction on hwy 60 through the park. Top end of 507 ******. 118 loop road to glamorgan being repaved.

632,518 all decent really the only positives.

Rode it late last summer, it was tar and chip then as well. Still enjoyed it, just due caution needed....but gravel and such doesn't concern me much. I know some flip out anytime they end up on anything other than clean, dry, hot asphalt.

Been meaning to pack a tent and go back up there and spend at night at the Torrence Barrens, but like a lot of other plans...it hasn't happened yet.

Rode it northbound on Monday, as soon as I encountered gravel midway through that initial tight right hander with no prior warning/signage, I took 'er easy the rest of the way at a casual pace until I reached the Torrance Barrens stretch.

southwood 13. thanks for the heads up guys. was planning on a run on 13 this sunday. luckly there are lots of twisties up there. see yous up there this sunday!

Ran it twice today northbound and southbound and it's always better southbound. There is a reason it's not called Northwood Rd 13. The gravel is pretty hard packed on the few stretches and it's more like screenings than 3/4 stone. Nothing out of the ordinary and good times!

WTF happened to his road? I thought this was the usual complaints about some sand and gravel that you typically see on this road. Was out there this past weekend and it almost looks like they spread pea gravel on top of the asphalt on the southern. It was like riding on marbles. Wasn't fun.

WTF happened to his road? I thought this was the usual complaints about some sand and gravel that you typically see on this road. Was out there this past weekend and it almost looks like they spread pea gravel on top of the asphalt on the southern. It was like riding on marbles. Wasn't fun.

Where and how far exactly does Southdown 13 have gravel on top of the asphalt (is it south of Beiers rd 79.)?
thanks.

I love the road, run it as hard as I can, but not on my bike, its a better road for a car

5otmhx.jpg

Top end of 507 ******. 118 loop road to glamorgan being repaved.

Bit of a tangent but any updates on the 507 & 118 loop?

Where and how far exactly does Southdown 13 have gravel on top of the asphalt (is it south of Beiers rd 79.)?
thanks.

It's pretty much South of Torrance Barrens to Hwy 11. I would suggest that the road be avoided since there's so many other alternatives in the area.

Back
Top Bottom