Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 226 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

1:55 called, he said he disagrees ;)
31a2b7ce81f20063a187fe5a88d26832.jpg

Still faster than a Deere.

Doozer usually kicks my butt - no issues there. My best is a 2:02. On good days 2:04 average. Last time out was first time after crashing twice in 4a so my times proved the SMV sign on my bike is accurate.

Granted it was my first time there in 3 years and the track was very green from torrential downpours. I'm sure on a nice hot sunny day with good track conditions I could go sub 2:00 again.

Make no mistake, I'd rather be chasing 1:55's than working on Friday. LOL...

Lets just hope turn 9 has sorted out a bit, no drag cars changed oil into 5, and there isn't a dust line around the entire track again.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Lets just hope turn 9 has sorted out a bit, no drag cars changed oil into 5, and there isn't a dust line around the entire track again.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9 was repaved again. The transitions are not perfect but the corner was much better at the August race weekend.

I'll be doing SMP on the 29th and TMP on 23, I'm hoping the track surface at SMP is not too bad. I've heard some negativity around it so I'd appreciate your feedback when you get back Randy.
I just reread your post and thought maybe I could give some feedback. SMP has some pretty bumpy sections. If you walk the track there are many 2" cracks with grass growing through them. It's definitely bumpier than GBR or TMP, and there are several spots that require some good track knowledge to navigate quickly. Honestly the reason I keep going back is because I went there so much 15+ years ago that it's the track that I know the best. Is it really worth the drive? Probably not, but for me there's a significant degree of nostalgia.

9 was repaved again. The transitions are not perfect but the corner was much better at the August race weekend.
The last time I was there was right after they did the first 'emergency' paving. Between the seam and the concrete dust, I had the back end slide on me a couple of times.
And Doozer is right. With the bumps, you can't run traditional lines through a good portion of the track. I've only been there twice, but I feel like I've only just started to figure this track out. I think it's going to be a long learning curve. Certainly don't expect to be quick on your first go at it!

It takes a long time to learn the long track. I would recommend doing Nelson and Fabi separately a few times as this gives you a chance to work on sections of the track once per minute instead of once every two minutes. Fabi is the more technical side of the track and is also mostly intact in Long config, where Nelson is really only turns 1, 2, and 3 that are the same for Long track.

Thanks for the tips guys, I hope it will be a good time. I'll have my lap timer so I'll report back with what I end up getting :)
I'm hoping to drop sub 1:20 at TMP on the 23rd, but we'll see how that works out

The last time I was there was right after they did the first 'emergency' paving. Between the seam and the concrete dust, I had the back end slide on me a couple of times.
And Doozer is right. With the bumps, you can't run traditional lines through a good portion of the track. I've only been there twice, but I feel like I've only just started to figure this track out. I think it's going to be a long learning curve. Certainly don't expect to be quick on your first go at it!

I dont understand this statement.

I dont know a corner that the racing surface would push me off the proper race line. Granted there are some sections that you don't want to stray far off that line tho.

So you dont know the proper line.

The racing line is fine at SMP. The track itself needs a repave yes, but its needed a repave since 1998. But its a good track to learn on. If you can ride fast at SMP you can ride fast anywhere.

The traditional line is fine, there are bumps, but there are bumps at GB and TMP too...on the racing line.

So you dont know the proper line.

The racing line is fine at SMP. The track itself needs a repave yes, but its needed a repave since 1998. But its a good track to learn on. If you can ride fast at SMP you can ride fast anywhere.

^^^ this, Matt was 14 when he first raced there, 1&1/2 seasons later, he had no issues riding at any of the other tracks on the National circuit

Back
Top Bottom