Friday 13 OPP warning | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday 13 OPP warning

And what are you butthurt about? I thought canadians didnt need guns in this peaceful harmless country and thats why we cant carry them so why were the cops carrying full auto rifles?

Who said I was butthurt?

And do I need to explain to you why the police exist and why they deserve to not find themselves outgunned by those who may wish others harm, a situation that used to occur?

And what are you butthurt about? I thought canadians didnt need guns in this peaceful harmless country and thats why we cant carry them so why were the cops carrying full auto rifles?

Peg, it's quite clear that our firearms laws, punishing law abiding hunters and sport shooters, are working to perfection. The militarization of our streets with fully automatic ASSAULT weapons is proof of that.

Violent acts can happen anywhere.Doesn't happen too often (remembering Yonge St) in Canada because we don't have a gun culture that is terrified of the unknown.I'm happy to see the leo's carrying weapons at big events.
But what scares me most is that "Sandy Hook" happened,and they have done nothing.
Peggy:If you think we are suffering from repression and dictatorship in this province,you need to get out in the world more.You don't know the definition of either.

Peggy:If you think we are suffering from repression and dictatorship in this province,you need to get out in the world more.You don't know the definition of either.

Often the people who get the most upset about things have never bothered to look outside their own little bubble for a reality check on exactly how little they have to complain about in the grand scheme of things. There are LOTS of great examples of exactly this in Ontario, and Canada as a whole.

And worse yet are hypocrites who are anti police, but are the fastest to call 911 and scream bloody murder when they're not on their doorstop in 30 seconds when they actually need them.

Peggy, using my earlier example about the possibility of a whackjob driving a U-Haul through the crowd of hundreds of thousands of people, would you prefer the police only had billy clubs and pepper spray or something?

Just as a footnote, I didn't go to PD13 this time because I have a bad feeling about that event lately. Not interested in getting caught in a Twin Peaks style shootout.

Just as a footnote, I didn't go to PD13 this time because I have a bad feeling about that event lately. Not interested in getting caught in a Twin Peaks style shootout.

I was there. The mood was chill. Zero drama whatsoever that I saw. Just a lot of people having fun and a lot of cool bikes.

And I put a lot of credit for that on the very visible yet quiet police presence for such. Zero issue with that.

Often the people who get the most upset about things have never bothered to look outside their own little bubble for a reality check on exactly how little they have to complain about in the grand scheme of things. There are LOTS of great examples of exactly this in Ontario, and Canada as a whole.

And worse yet are hypocrites who are anti police, but are the fastest to call 911 and scream bloody murder when they're not on their doorstop in 30 seconds when they actually need them.

Peggy, using my earlier example about the possibility of a whackjob driving a U-Haul through the crowd of hundreds of thousands of people, would you prefer the police only had billy clubs and pepper spray or something?

Now that`s a funny thought. Back in the day, the British Bobby, when all they had was a truncheon/whistle. they would yell stop. they, the perpertrator usually did stop. Their comment was,"That`s a fair cop guv" Huh. How times have changed. If the copper needed help he/she would go to a Dr Who telephone box and that was it. Police where respected. Never ever armed.
The bad people upped the violence. Hence, the Police upped theirs, For our protection. Don`t take a knife to a gun fight.

Now that`s a funny thought. Back in the day, the British Bobby, when all they had was a truncheon/whistle. they would yell stop. they, the perpertrator usually did stop. Their comment was,"That`s a fair cop guv" Huh. How times have changed. If the copper needed help he/she would go to a Dr Who telephone box and that was it. Police where respected. Never ever armed.
The bad people upped the violence. Hence, the Police upped theirs, For our protection. Don`t take a knife to a gun fight.

Sentenced to the Gallows if you killed a cop back then.

So for those who were at PD13 this year, anyone butthurt about the police presence?

Saw a lot of butthurt on various Facebook groups today about people who were pissy about the heavy OPP presence, and the fact that they were armed with fully auto machine guns. A lot of "nothing happened, what a waste!" comments. I guess the fact that perhaps nothing happened because of the very heavy LEO presence was lost on many.

As I understand it 81 and the Outlaws are at odds right now hence the likely strong presence, but IMHO given that 99.9% of Dover is 99%, I had no problem with the police presence. The officers I saw were polite, pretty much just chilling on the sidelines, and a few were indeed hanging around their bikes showing them and chatting with onlookers.

It seems to me the only ones who got butthurt were the ones who were looking for something to get butthurt about. The rest of the 200,000-ish people there were enjoying themselves, looking at a great turnout of bikes (I spotted a Rune there, only one...still my dream bike) and enjoying themselves.

Rode in, parked (even got parked reasonably close to downtown, I was impressed!), had a great few hours, rode out. Went out to St Thomas via the backroads, and then back to our base in Niagara again for the night. Good times.

how do you know they had "fully auto machine guns"?

how do you know they had "fully auto machine guns"?

Because they were standing everywhere with them? I have a photo if you'd like to see it, but you can surely find them online across social media as I know lots of others were taking pictures and posting them online.

They're Colt C8's, an AR15 variant, and the police issue ones are indeed full auto capable.

Because they were standing everywhere with them? I have a photo if you'd like to see it, but you can surely find them online across social media as I know lots of others were taking pictures and posting them online.

They're Colt C8's, an AR15 variant, and the police issue ones are indeed full auto capable.

Only tactical officers carry full auto . These are semi auto . They are called patrol rifles or carbines . They are actually C7s in the pictures not C8 . I`m sure down the street or in some buildings not in view of the public .There are always tactical teams hidden . Any even with 1% bikers or gang banger concert they are around .

Only tactical officers carry full auto

Sure. But a good number of the OPP there were indeed tactical officers. Were you actually there? Did you see them?

I did. They were everywhere.

These are semi auto . They are called patrol rifles or carbines . They are actually C7s in the pictures not C8 . I`m sure down the street or in some buildings not in view of the public .There are always tactical teams hidden . Any even with 1% bikers or gang banger concert they are around .

Indeed when I compare my photo to the C7 vs C8, it does appear that it was a C7 in the photo, as the C8 has a different style stock. I stand corrected.

That said, the C7 is also full auto capable, once again, at least the Canadian police issue version.

[video=youtube;Fa1_lv1oOCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1_lv1oOCY[/video]

Sure. But a good number of the OPP there were indeed tactical officers. Were you actually there? Did you see them?

I did. They were everywhere.

Indeed when I compare my photo to the C7 vs C8, it does appear that it was a C7 in the photo, as the C8 has a different style stock. I stand corrected.

That said, the C7 is also full auto capable, once again, at least the Canadian police issue version.

[video=youtube;Fa1_lv1oOCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1_lv1oOCY[/video]

I don`t need to be there to have knowledge of police tactics . Full auto and crowds don`t work . It`s that simple . If your saying they were patrolling the streets . Tell me how you know they were True Team members ?

I don`t need to be there to have knowledge of police tactics . Full auto and crowds don`t work .

You have "knowledge of police tactics", but don't know that both the C7 and C8 have selectable semi-auto vs full auto?

Sure, spraying full auto fire into a crowd at ground level isn't gonna be wise. Spraying full auto fire into the windshield of a tractor trailer on a rampage down main street, yeah, that's probably a better choice than taking single pot-shots at it hoping you hit the mark.

Only tactical officers carry full auto . These are semi auto . They are called patrol rifles or carbines . They are actually C7s in the pictures not C8 . I`m sure down the street or in some buildings not in view of the public .There are always tactical teams hidden . Any even with 1% bikers or gang banger concert they are around .

yeah, but full auto machine gun sounds so much more threatening

What's the point of splitting hairs in the above discussion?

The cops were there. They were carrying big guns. Done.

C7 is the primary weapon of CF Infantry
C8 is the same gun with a shorter barrel (and some other minor differences)
both use standard NATO 5.65 mm rounds
both have 3 modes of fire control
Safe, Semi-Auto and Auto
they have the same rate of fire
due to the longer barrel on the C7, it has a longer accurate range

while the C8 is classified as a carbine
there is no doubt it as an assault rifle

the C8 is also used by civilian police forces
where it has been called a Patrol Rifle

different nomenclature
same stopping power

any doubts can be clarified by reading the CF 2018
Assault Rifle Project, goal is to replace the C7 and C8

http://dgpaapp.forces.gc.ca/en/defence-capabilities-blueprint/project-details.asp?id=1696

What's the point of splitting hairs in the above discussion?

The cops were there. They were carrying big guns. Done.

Agreed.

You have "knowledge of police tactics", but don't know that both the C7 and C8 have selectable semi-auto vs full auto?

Sure, spraying full auto fire into a crowd at ground level isn't gonna be wise. Spraying full auto fire into the windshield of a tractor trailer on a rampage down main street, yeah, that's probably a better choice than taking single pot-shots at it hoping you hit the mark.

You are clueless . The guns carried by OPP in their units are semi auto C7. Like all patrol rifles and carbines . Only tactical guys have full auto . Me not knowing if a C7 is auto has nothing do to with knowing police tactics . Even the example gave police would use semi auto .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2WEvvisFfg

You are clueless . The guns carried by OPP in their units are semi auto C7.

Since you want to continue to beat this dead horse, how about providing some facts to backup your claim. Because I did a lot of reading on the topic before posting my observations, including Colt Canada's own operators manual for the C7 where it's clearly indicated that it has a full auto mode.

If you can provide some facts to the contrary I'll gladly eat my shirt and apologize. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom