Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 221 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I'm thinking of TMP with Smergy...
It's been 3 years since we've been, and it might be sort of nostalgically fun.
Rear tire I have on should last 1 more day. Front only has 1 day of Modified at GB on it, so it's good to go for a bunch more.

It's been years since we've been there. The CBR struggled not to tear tires, it was hard to keep them hot. The temps will be up there this weekend which might help, but it's quite possible you are correct. Are you and Michelle doing SMP this year?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Planning on July 25th and August 17th.

I think you meant Monday.... Aug might work, we are in TN on the 25th

On behalf of KW Sport Riding, I'd like to invite you to our first official track day. It is on August 27th and is the most affordable in the province. We strive to have a positive and welcoming atmosphere with a strong focus on community. Find out how we’re different & more at the link below. We hope to see you out there!

Link

On behalf of KW Sport Riding, I'd like to invite you to our first official track day. It is on August 27th and is the most affordable in the province. We strive to have a positive and welcoming atmosphere with a strong focus on community. Find out how we’re different & more at the link below. We hope to see you out there!

Link
Thats a good deal nice work, maybe i should bring the ktm out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This makes my collarbone ache... Why is it half an hour shorter than every other track day?

I thought EMS had a mandatory 60 minute lunch, something in their contract?

I thought EMS had a mandatory 60 minute lunch, something in their contract?

I don't know the details about that. We were only able to get the day until 3:30 since there's another rental at 4. Paul suggested a 30 minute lunch so that we'd get more lapping time. I'll double check with Paul again, thanks for mentioning.

Last edited:
I think I've mentioned that several times lately. You thinking of going?

Edit: tmp was great, though super bumpy. Managed a laptime of 1:23 which I'll settle for since it was my first time out there. There was a guy there on a R1 lapping 1:14's.. crazy

I'm out for SMP, from what I hear, it's not worth the trip and too much is going on at school. A couple buddies came out today to track for the first time. They had a blast and are completely hooked!

Last edited:
I'm out for SMP, from what I hear, it's not worth the trip and too much is going on at school.

Definitely not worth the trip.
Only old guys ride there.

Went to SMP with Sparkles and Bippy today..
Stupid hot, and the reflected in everyone's pace - definitely off the usual...
Turn 9 had some emergency paving done, as cars destroyed the concrete/pavement seams, leaving massive ruts - completely unsafe.
Of course, this past weekend some cars blew oil on the track, so there was a . bunch of concrete dust through 4a-b and 9.
The new pavement in 9 hasn't had time to settle and cure, so that with the dust led to sketchy conditions - spun up the rear a few times there, and 2 or 3 people crashed there over the day.

4a-b is still my nemesis, especially after the last time out with 2 crashes on 4a. Started to get confidence back as the day went on, and started to push a little after lunch - loving the Dunlop soft front slick so far.

Mr. Sparkles let me take the monster, Nessie out for a couple laps. Completely foreign body position to me, so I took it easy - besides, I didn't want to have to sign over my truck to him in case I binned it ;-) The bike is simply amazing. A cross of V2 and I4. Love it. Wasn't expecting the brakes to have the power they did and had the rear tire lifting into 2. Stunning. Think I need one of those master cylinders and the brake pads he's using...

One of Sparkles' buddies was running a car for the pay-per-lap when we were done. Each of us took a lap as a passenger. Good fun! Can't believe how late he was braking into 2 and 11 (at the 50' mark!!). Even so, he was doing about 2:25 (estimated hot lap) with a beat up old automatic v6 Mustang with 260K on it, all stock except the tires.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom