Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 220 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I was up near Goderich today and it looked like they were expecting Tim to visit....

35d50dd50319e93a9d0fed9990fb75e3.jpg

sounds like BIP is ready to wick it up with us in red group withe them words :)

I was up near Goderich today and it looked like they were expecting Tim to visit....

35d50dd50319e93a9d0fed9990fb75e3.jpg

Come to Red... we'll show you some top speed tractors.... Hehehehe....
But yeah... Goderich knows about my exceptional tractor, so i'm not surprised they've put signs up in homage...

Hey Charlie,
How was the track day on the long weekend? You make it to TMP?

I will give you some green and yellow zip ties. Instant tractor camouflage.

Hey Charlie,
How was the track day on the long weekend? You make it to TMP?

Yeah! It was awesome. Although I really need to work on gearing, it seems so simple, but I'm still getting used to the "feel" coming off the street bike, that and the fact that I did an awful misshift and came off.

I'm glad I went into intermediate though. Even though intermediate also had some traffic, it was nice to focus on shifting and braking later as well as improving my lines.

Here's a video of my last session (excuse the misshift, me coming off the track to check on a buddy, the gear indicator not working well as well as the waiting in-between lol, ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_r9Z-T9_3Y

Next track session I'm going to work on my passing and taking the opportunity to pass (so many missed opportunities, I had a *ton* in that video), as well as braking *a lot* later into the corner and trail-braking.

I take criticism well, so go ahead with any improvements you see! I worked on my lines quite a lot the previous sessions as well as studied a few videos of people running sub 1:16 at the track, but there's still room for improvement!

Looks like you had some fun out there!

Passing is both an acquired skill and faith in the other rider. What you'll find is, yellow becomes a mix of those just coming out of green still learning the lines, (and only at TMP) street kids thinking green is too low for them for their 1st or 2nd track day, and riders near red level pace. Using caution when passing in any group is a good idea, quite a bit more so in yellow due to the rider variability.

Generally this looks fairly smooth, nice flowing inputs to the bike. Nothing is sudden which is good. Turn 7 (right before the marshal station) you are consistently way wide which makes me think you are looking at the markers not up the road at the apex when you turn in. As you gain pace, think of turn 2 and turn 3 as a single decreasing radius turn. Carry the speed through 2 and continue the lean all the way to 3 as a single decreasing radius corner. I like that you deliberately aim for the braking markers.

One thing to work on here is vision. Always look ahead and see the line. Coming up to a corner aim for your braking marker (you do this already), but way before you hit it, be looking at the apex. Once you hit the brakes and start to turn in, you should be selecting your exit line and looking where you want the bike to be and when to start getting on the gas. Markers are only markers, don't use them as absolutes.

When hitting the apex, have the wheel just inside the curb. Keep in mind as you lean, your body/knee might be over the grass, but the wheel is in the correct position on the track. Other than that, keep it up!

Top of 5th on the front straight is the target.

I don't know his last name but searching through facebook pictures it seems likely so. Super sad to hear this about any rider. May he rest in peace

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't know a last name either. I also did an fb search and the profile pics look like him.
I really hope I'm wrong though....

Brad's fiance just posted on fb, so it looks like it's confirmed that it was Bradsma.
a333c972ebbc602287b045a7493c2c52.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man... That's terrible. Sorry to hear. I hadn't had the chance to meet him yet except on here.

On a positive note, rear shock is back from Scott Miller. It took a while to get the right spring in, apparently he doesn't stock a lot of K-Tech stuff any more and has gravitated towards Ohlins setups. Either way, the stiffer spring should help. It looks like the EDR performance guys put the wrong oil in it and it only had 2/5 bar of pressure in it. New oil, a full rebuild, new bladder, seals, spring. Lets hope it works :)

I also talked to him about the location of the ECU, wiring harness and fuses. They all sit on the left hand side of the bike just under the skin, but are at huge risk in the event of a crash. Apparently the kit harness relocates the ECU and a bunch of junk underneath the seat as well. Might be worth considering... although the wiring diagram on that thing is a bit of a disaster to follow, Honda's are much nicer.

SMP monday is on the radar, also signed up for mosport Aug.8 (the wednesday) with Pro6.

I'm also considering a day at TMP this Saturday, its been a long time, if anyone is going, let me know.

I'm also considering a day at TMP this Saturday, its been a long time, if anyone is going, let me know.
Don't do it... It's not worth it. It'll ruin your tire and give you no useful setup data.

It's been years since we've been there. The CBR struggled not to tear tires, it was hard to keep them hot. The temps will be up there this weekend which might help, but it's quite possible you are correct. Are you and Michelle doing SMP this year?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom