Tmp | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tmp

ride606

I am done with this track. The track is mediocre at best. The staff is rude and just want to take your money. The guys who run the track days are know it all windbags. The washrooms would be substandard in Calcutta India. Toilet Motorsports Park.

I came to the same decision 5 years ago. That track is nowhere near worth the price of admission.

If you're talking about Donald, Chris and crew, they do "know it all". They have to be strict and act that way because of all the unbelievable crap they have seen people bring to the track. They're trying to make it as safe as they can...

I was there this past weekend, when were you there? What was your main issue? Besides the toilets lol

Edit. I had a great day. Tech was strict, but I don't consider that a bad thing

Last edited:
I used to go there when it was a $100 at the gate and the toilets were ok ish. We used to call it James Perreault Motorsport Park. The new name for the place is now Toilet Motorsports Park. I guess things haven't changed much.

I used to go there when it was a $100 at the gate and the toilets were ok ish. We used to call it James Perreault Motorsport Park. The new name for the place is now Toilet Motorsports Park. I guess things haven't changed much.

Back when a 1:18 was “fast”

I use to go there years back when admission was cheaper and they had working toilets.. I was amazed to see the toilet situation last year, and even more amazed that they haven't corrected it during the off season. Sometime over the years I wasn't going admission has increased 50% for Test and Tune (and I imagine the price of everything else as well).

They also seem to have many issues with the floor of the grand stands, boards being rotten and not getting replaced. The road back in front of the grand stands on the drag side of it is littered with sink holes; it blows my mind that they couldn't take $30 worth of tar and patch the spot where EVERYONE has to drive/ride through, it's a hazard and speaks to the overall care and repair of the facility.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to find one day that the track is closing. It definitely seems from all indicators they've gone the route of 'stop putting money into it, milk it until people stop coming or we close down'. They don't even have the manned ambulance there anymore on Friday's (not sure about the weekend).

Their facebook seems largely uninterested in addressing these issues with the public or saving face at any level. They respond thanking people who comment about the 'good time' they had (which is 1 of 5 comments), but the other 4 of 5 comments is people freaking out over washrooms and grand stand situation, to which they don't even bother responding to.

I've called Tammy from Red Dawn Trackdays.

They have an ambulance on site on their track days at Cayuga.

Not sure about the track days organized by the TMP staff.

ambulance is there but I think its covering both the drag strip and the road course.

the place is a dump, the only thing its got going for it is its proximity to Toronto

I've called Tammy from Red Dawn Trackdays.

They have an ambulance on site on their track days at Cayuga.

Not sure about the track days organized by the TMP staff.

My apologies for the confusion, I was speaking strictly of the drag side from 7-11pm. They use to have a manned ambulance there every Test and Tune in years past.

Kinda like the track when we raced in reverse config, hated it normal direction...weird.
Fawaz used to do $80 Thursday track days, that was a great deal.

Kinda like the track when we raced in reverse config, hated it normal direction...weird.
Fawaz used to do $80 Thursday track days, that was a great deal.

I used to go After 5PM for $50. They would close the track at 9PM

Ya, I came to this decision a few years back when the upped the prices with no return on investment to the track. It is sad as I did some of my first track days there and had a lot of fun. But after doing grand bend ( who truly appreciate my business) and most recently pro6 at mosport ( now that is how track days should be done... and wow what a track!)

The more people that figure this out the better. If it goes bankrupt maybe someone who lives the sport will buy it and fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured I would weigh in here as I just did a track day yesterday. This was only my second lapping day there on a bike but I have been to TMP for many lapping/time attack days. I have to agree with the state of the grounds leaving a lot to be desired but the track itself isn't too bad. Yes, it's rough around the edges, yes it's a somewhat a boring layout with no elevation, but it is still challenging enough to learn a great deal all the while having a blast. In the car world, we would call it the Top Gear test track of Ontario.

As for the staff, I have nothing but good things to say after yesterday. The tech was very thorough and I greatly appreciate that as you never know what kind of equipment is lurking behind you in a hard braking zone. I for one felt much more comfortable knowing everyone's bike met a high standard! All in all the day ran beautifully(until someone blew a motor) even if hotter than satan's a hole.

Question/s: Anyone know what the lap record for a 600 is at TMP? 16's? I was able to hit a 1:20.5 on mine . Looking to see just how far off I am. Also, does anyone know if they post pics anywhere?

Question/s: Anyone know what the lap record for a 600 is at TMP? 16's? I was able to hit a 1:20.5 on mine . Looking to see just how far off I am. Also, does anyone know if they post pics anywhere?

Was in the 12's. You still have a bit to go :)

Back
Top Bottom