Motorcycle safety certicate? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle safety certicate?

Max527

I am having a motorcycle being delivered to my house this week and I wanted to know my options for getting a safety certificate. I believe my only option is taking the bike to a shop by trailer or truck.
Does anyone know of home delivery services for safety certificates?

Thanks

Can you change the delivery arrangement so it goes to a safety inspection facility?

Can you change the delivery arrangement so it goes to a safety inspection facility?

I could but then I would have to have it taken back to my house because I cannot drive it until I get it registered and for that I need a certificate. Confusing stuff lol. I have a friend with a trailer but was looking for something easier.

It's possible to buy a used bike and get all the stuff done and plated without it ever going to your house

the bike will have to go to a shop for safety

up to you, but I'd use up my one free move to get it to the shop

I could but then I would have to have it taken back to my house because I cannot drive it until I get it registered and for that I need a certificate. Confusing stuff lol. I have a friend with a trailer but was looking for something easier.

Get it towed to the shop that will do the safety.

Once you have the safety, go get it registered and get plate. Get a ride to the shop, put plate on the bike then ride home.

Get it towed to the shop that will do the safety.

Once you have the safety, go get it registered and get plate. Get a ride to the shop, put plate on the bike then ride home.

Good idea! I'll do this. Thanks

Kinda makes sense.....lol
If the bike was on the road and is currently plated as "FIT", you can get a TEMP sticker andplate without having a safety. You will need insurance.

When you go to transfer the bike, bring proof of insurance and ask for a TEMP sticker and plate - the TEMP sticker is about $15. You can ride the bike for 10 days, which should be enough time to shuttle it between shop(s) and home. If you transfer the bike before asking for a temp sticker it will be registered as UNFIT and you will loose this option.

If the bike was on the road and is currently plated as "FIT", you can get a TEMP sticker andplate without having a safety. You will need insurance.

When you go to transfer the bike, bring proof of insurance and ask for a TEMP sticker and plate - the TEMP sticker is about $15. You can ride the bike for 10 days, which should be enough time to shuttle it between shop(s) and home. If you transfer the bike before asking for a temp sticker it will be registered as UNFIT and you will loose this option.
Oh man I wish I read this beforehand. :banghead:

+1 to this. this is exactly what i did when i picked up my bike in Feburary this year.

Back
Top Bottom