As the election dust settles....define leader | GTAMotorcycle.com

As the election dust settles....define leader

nobbie48

Site Supporter
IMO a military leader is someone you trust and would follow into battle for the love of your country knowing that you could be sacrificed for the better good.

Politically speaking do we have such a leader anywhere?

Should a political leader be a father figure, saying "No" as appropriate and teaching the offspring long term survival of the species or should the head of the government be a facilitator, giving the kids whatever they want because it's easier and popularity is assured.

There is a fuzzy line between a father figure and a dictator.

Is there anyone out there that you would follow (Politically) into battle, taking sacrifices, mostly financial?

Would enough people follow for it to make a difference?

Politics IMO is just another Ponzi scheme.

Rant over, see you again in four years. Nothing will have improved.

200 votes separated Wynne and her PC opponent in her riding. Probably be a recount in that one.

Political leaders are managers of the public coffers. I wouldn't follow any of them anywhere.

.....Rant over, see you again in four years. Nothing will have improved.
I'm hoping that's not the case, but afraid it will be. I'm an optimistic pessimist.

Who? Orville Redenbacker? I always found that some of his popcorn never popped for me.

looking out for his special interest friends $
doesn't give two shites about the general publics interests.
corrupt and doesn't even hide it.
Hmmm, not to original. You just copied that from an MPP job description.

IMO a military leader is someone you trust and would follow into battle for the love of your country knowing that you could be sacrificed for the better good.

Politically speaking do we have such a leader anywhere?

Should a political leader be a father figure, saying "No" as appropriate and teaching the offspring long term survival of the species or should the head of the government be a facilitator, giving the kids whatever they want because it's easier and popularity is assured.

There is a fuzzy line between a father figure and a dictator.

Is there anyone out there that you would follow (Politically) into battle, taking sacrifices, mostly financial?

Would enough people follow for it to make a difference?

Politics IMO is just another Ponzi scheme.

Rant over, see you again in four years. Nothing will have improved.
If you view society as a battalion then of course you're going to be disappointed with politics.

You know, group rides have 'leaders' too, that doesn't mean riders are supposed to follow them anywhere at the potential cost of their lives.

Maybe you want to try again answering your own question using a more contextual definition of leader. Maybe make sure you understand what politics and society are first though.

Back
Top Bottom