Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 210 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Excellent! I like technical and I am in for Tuesday. Where do you folks usually pit? I'd like to set up next to you and put some faces to the names. Feel free to PM me if you don't want bikes or car makes out on the internet. Excited to get out for the first time this year!

Haven't done technical yet but looking at a layout map it looks pretty good. And I really like that it makes use of the full back straight.
Pit area is roughly where the red 'X' is. I'll be the one in a black Mazda pickup with a blue stripe above the rear wheels and a big white fish.... It's kinda hard to miss.
200949b2970e32867d070bd86508cd01.jpg

Haven't done technical yet but looking at a layout map it looks pretty good. And I really like that it makes use of the full back straight.
Pit area is roughly where the red 'X' is. I'll be the one in a black Mazda pickup with a blue stripe above the rear wheels and a big white fish.... It's kinda hard to miss.

Just called and booked my slot!

Awesome Kat, I'll set up near there. Black Ford Escape with black 04 R6 and red honda canopy. Name is Brad.

Just called and booked my slot!

Awesome Kat, I'll set up near there. Black Ford Escape with black 04 R6 and red honda canopy. Name is Brad.
It took me a few tries but I finally got through to someone and booked my spot.
What group will you be riding in? I think I'm going to try my luck in Yellow....

I'm starting in green.

I was running upper green on my SV650 last year but figured I'd start out easy on the new machine. If things go well after a few sessions or lunch I can bump up to yellow need be.

Sometimes they only run green and a yellow/red which I didn't want to end up in.

Maybe I'm being extra cautious but new to me bike, GP shift and first day out on the track this year I figured green seems like the place to start.

I'm starting in green.

I was running upper green on my SV650 last year but figured I'd start out easy on the new machine. If things go well after a few sessions or lunch I can bump up to yellow need be.

Sometimes they only run green and a yellow/red which I didn't want to end up in.

Maybe I'm being extra cautious but new to me bike, GP shift and first day out on the track this year I figured green seems like the place to start.
Last year I think I was one of the quickest in green and the new bike is leaps and bounds better than the last one! That being said, if they're only running 2 groups, I'll go in green.

Usually it's number dependent if they run two groups; low numbers they combine if people are agreeable.

Can't decide if being the day after a long weekend will bump numbers up or having people pass as they won't have time to prep or already did a 4 day weekend.

Either way I am beyond excited to get back out there and have some fun!

Last year I think I was one of the quickest in green and the new bike is leaps and bounds better than the last one! That being said, if they're only running 2 groups, I'll go in green.

You also haven't had your "4th track day correction crash". ;)

I won't be at the track for a while yet... broken left elbow and broken right wrist. Had a disagreement with a big tree at about 30km/h on the YZ250X.

I won't be at the track for a while yet... broken left elbow and broken right wrist. Had a disagreement with a big tree at about 30km/h on the YZ250X.
This will only be my 3rd, not including Racer5, so I should be good!

I saw heard about your little 'oops' on fb.... Hope you're starting to heal up!

This will only be my 3rd, not including Racer5, so I should be good!

I saw heard about your little 'oops' on fb.... Hope you're starting to heal up!
It's an approximate average, 3-5 track days in seems to be when riders get comfortable with speed but don't have the skills yet.

My injuries are getting better every day. Hoping for good news next week when I get another xray and see the doc.

Well, day after long weekend is usually tougher to get off of work - know my old bosses wouldn't like that very much at all....
But I'm still expecting a full turn out - likely 3 groups. We've got what, 4-5 from KW on this forum alone that are attending?
When I registered today I told them I want to do a session or 2 in yellow (to test out bike after crashes and scrub in tires) and then move to red. No worries on their end.

@Doozer - good you're on the mend.... be out on track in no time!

Last edited:

Yikes, this tuesday is my 5th trackday so things are not looking good for me :(

As a side note, it's looking pretty cold with only a high of 19 and cloudy. I don't know if it'll be hot enough to run without tire warmers/street tires. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Yikes, this tuesday is my 5th trackday so things are not looking good for me :(

As a side note, it's looking pretty cold with only a high of 19 and cloudy. I don't know if it'll be hot enough to run without tire warmers/street tires. Thoughts?
You're running street tires right? Do what you normally do. Cold pressures 30/30, a few moderate warm up laps and gradually increase the pace.

Well, looks like I'll be making my final decision about going to the track late Sunday or early Monday morning.
Weather Network shows a high of 19c with 70% POP (5-10mm).

If it stays that way, I'm likely out and will be staying home.

Well, looks like I'll be making my final decision about going to the track late Sunday or early Monday morning.
Weather Network shows a high of 19c with 70% POP (5-10mm).

If it stays that way, I'm likely out and will be staying home.
Why? You afraid you might crash in the rain?

Booked in for Tuesday.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom