Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 135 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

but sadly, there's of list PHEV's which are just a joke from EV standpoint ... pretty much any German PHEV (except for i3 extender obviously) at the moment.

Why would i3 extended not be on that list? Marginal electric range (especially when cold). Limp mode while on gas engine. Ridiculously short range on gas. When someone asks about PHEV done poorly, that one is near the top of my list.

I'm with you on these <40 km range PHEV's though. They are dumb and barely worth plugging in (and I suspect people will stop bothering to charge them as the novelty wears off). At ~80 km, many people can commute on electric alone, with <40 I suspect most people will be burning fuel daily (unless they charge at home and work). The price jump vs potential cost savings just doesn't add up until the range climbs.

Bought a 2012 Volt last night!

e3b785a1c6d6fdd236bb8dc3f1f62bf1.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! I like it in white, looks good.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Super happy with the car so far. The clearcoat on the wheels is a little jacked but otherwise it's in great shape.

The to-do list is fairly short:
- Thorough detailing
- Window tint
- Husky floor liners
- Trailer hitch
- Black wheels

Failure to start is with the battery warmer and plugged in. Huge fail Honda. I would even be ok if it started the ICE and made you wait until the battery pack got above -30 before driving. Leaving me stuck because they were lazy is not acceptable.

Upon further research, it looks like the Clarity battery pack is not temperature controlled by liquid (although the sources are dodgy so that may be incorrect). I have very very little faith in the air-cooled systems as they age. I hope Honda got it right, but if they didn't there will be no saving the Clarity even if it has a nicer interior than the competition.

When is the last time you were in -30 temperatures in Ontario?

When is the last time you were in -30 temperatures in Ontario?

In Barrie January 1st 2018 and two days in December 2017 according to Environment Canada. It's not a daily occurrence but it is plausible enough that a completely disabled vehicle is not acceptable.

Also I go up north a few times a year and would have to rent a car as temps easily get down there.

But don't you wish it looked like this?

accord hybrid.jpg

if its sweet looks with your fuel economy you are after in a convetional sedan, there is always the sexy Accord Hybrid. For everyone else, theres the Clarity. They are selling faster than they can make them....

View attachment 39393

if its sweet looks with your fuel economy you are after in a convetional sedan, there is always the sexy Accord Hybrid. For everyone else, theres the Clarity. They are selling faster than they can make them....
I'm guessing you work for Honda. They have a 2 exciting cars the RType civic and the NSX -- neither of them is selling. Honda has 1/2 a year inventory sitting on car lots, who knows how many more are in Honda's inventory -- both cars were supposed to be waitlisted.

Honda's CEO also thinks they have become a boring car company, he's on record saying as much. I think the translation was something like "Honda's have become as exciting as Buicks".

Got my Husky floor liners installed along with some LED headlights. The floor liners are a perfect fit and the headlights are a big improvement!

Had a CEL come on in the driveway and then then it started missing at idle. Pulled the codes and I see a failed O2 sensor and a generic (not specific to one cylinder) misfire code. Might be bad fuel? Strange.. did not see this behavior during my test drive so that's a bit strange and annoying.

Got my Husky floor liners installed along with some LED headlights. The floor liners are a perfect fit and the headlights are a big improvement!

Had a CEL come on in the driveway and then then it started missing at idle. Pulled the codes and I see a failed O2 sensor and a generic (not specific to one cylinder) misfire code. Might be bad fuel? Strange.. did not see this behavior during my test drive so that's a bit strange and annoying.

The misfire could annoy the O2 sensor. I would use the car in gas mode for a bit to give it a run and get some fuel through it. If you still have problems after a few tanks proceed with further diagnostic work (assuming the misfire is occasional and not under load, you don't want to burn up your cat).

The misfire could annoy the O2 sensor. I would use the car in gas mode for a bit to give it a run and get some fuel through it. If you still have problems after a few tanks proceed with further diagnostic work (assuming the misfire is occasional and not under load, you don't want to burn up your cat).

That's the plan. Should have it plated tomorrow so I plan on putting it in Mountain Mode just to burn through some fuel. I'll get some Shell 91 while I'm out.

That's the plan. Should have it plated tomorrow so I plan on putting it in Mountain Mode just to burn through some fuel. I'll get some Shell 91 while I'm out.
Hold makes the engine run, mountain just saves 15 km of battery range.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Volt Caboose. Looks great in White.

No I don't think you have a Hold mode on the 2012.

EDIT: You should be able to find black wheels easily. I was surprised how fast and inexpensive I found a used set of OZ Ultralights for my Volt.

Back
Top Bottom