Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

What forks are you guys talking about? I like good silverware.
The Forks of the Credit Rd. Takes you to a nice little spot called Belfountain, there's an excellent cafe there called "Higher Ground".
On any given day you'll find between 2 and 50 bikes there.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

6kU7-qFXuZ05AYVH2gd5mbaqE2CsLHb5vtP-Ffu4MHLhyySNF6GW4Swsp9JLHeQAUqtY8lLFVAmcmaARH43nTLGQ3a3euuYPyJqTy8uIEaXjybO3EtoMMnHiJ35AAkwqqpLIllG5YihWyP_emBgIclJ9ePMPYB88eZ6t1ugyD8uNB94j8jcSnOiTtyq7qRzLXRA48wkzfKearRsSQmqv-JiJ_gavDRsYhi9V230nUpBz1-VA-7grtj-fXBfhXM2uOOnElt6qgVD9g0-AT0lvVtAisyJIfeWfWxi3JxlcSy9tbVibS6-h7CFffLnhbwjnjURIr5KiLF-kLfk1DeSC5rW5iCebE_nHWV_Xy7tWX_jf07IWBBlF1u3Riq5aeYI_FNzjAP8JWffqZxyb1pc1sw0DAhytTjEhhiegdpqEAXzSFeylNy71UsGVAtj741t1UugOn-MEfsrHIWKvf4qQ35_aM1nplgAiYcuMUlowbh-rRg_bK2hSTF481vR8n0_cOem57iwU85qEImSuJCtEWMxqvB4z_oKGHISnvTOKmDXd3CWsPk635nCipFlPyxeyYPHgKq8a_ei-FSh9PpKPJojTF_Ip2aQ1wRMbqRXj=w582-h412-no

je9bkb2XtNXPrhdQwRPSRIbh2GsHKBDXCwbQcEhLsiqqkw6N0TLeUyENUKuMqH8foQnTjfmkfiGz8GZ1p2G_jaXws4wYyyi0C9dvNbNcYMbdjKovtpdYNK3loAHpL-pmW4XqlD_HfYSRntGTp3aN2KKQL9L1lIBHmToh5-lt0r--N5rw0wzgDWueoo0lAdMQkM-LeeWjZ-zL0tg3OP_vJiICc7n-1NUdcKiVRpRSKuQnWgtgpvCXZA_D0R9yorXEPxhxw45yocLMLxW3Q8vws1JsnklG-MDONv--KIK13XcsLLXKpy85LAan4NAgp9oe8WKXCpzV79uJFbdpHx_PpFuJ-T9ZRx4Vo-hOyi4XeHZ6tegIEGVYdzrMdtHS6QX0kkwBEX8h0GoMHF7Rk18dWtHcOhYH8nwyzsLV-WDRVGnZ3E_JBc7dyuB__8_eWvl8sGgpfeL4Wyje8UP5FRKpoZF7ooSCWu8yEuNHK8edmLy2M4rQnUrMlQ9TcD3OErTlYezk74E8bZH-4rpE3lo83KjmlWJbdgdqJt67O36Muve6CC-IrJnJvEfR3ua6vZbz8R3sAuDtO0ripsDQuIPitLQYApdkL8rRZDMeDvdX=w1302-h978-no

I didn't even realize there was a ski resort that way. I guess this explains why riders like the area.
I'll have to make my way over there once this snow clears up again. The east end is a bit of a drought for good riding roads, it takes at least 45 mins before you hit anything decent.

You are correct. Caledon Ski Club. Open for the public Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Closed Saturdays and Sundays for members and guests only. Patrolled there for a few years. Short runs but it is local and very rarely any lift lines.

It's very heavily touristed and policed and really marginal as riding goes but lots places to meet up and kick back...really with Pennsylvania so close what's the point.

Glad we are missing the monster to the East

NatLoop.gif

serious damage, wind, flood and weather .....pilot coming into Dulles said every person on the plane pretty much was in throw up mode.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/us/weather-bomb-cyclone/index.html

and there is another one behind it.

It's still a bit chilly and the roads aren't very clean, but it wasn't a bad day for a ride. Saw a 50th anniversary edition FZ1 at Steentown Garage in Hamilton.

Saw a hardly soul on a KLR out on highway 2 in Bowmanville this morning, and just 10 minutes ago while heading home someone on a sportbike with a mohawk helmet.

Sooooo...much....fresh....salt, though. :(

Didn't get out riding today. But I did drive eleven hours and over 900km to New Liskeard today to pick up a new bike for my buddy. He got a 2014 Yamaha Bolt with 9k on it for $4500. Worth the drive, but sometimes I hate owning a trailer.
Side note. I towed with the Honda Odyssey, eleven hours with two coffee/pee breaks and 20 min to load and pay for the bike. That thing is unbelievably comfortable!

Idk much about prices but that sounds like a killer deal @Iceman

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
It is. Asking price for similar anywhere near the gta is $6500- $8500 range. Worth the day and $125 in fuel.
He's only 26, jumped the van this morning with a 50 pack of timbits for the trip, totally made me laugh. I ate 6.

No ride this weekend. It looks nice outside, but it is just a wee bit too cold ... and there is salt everywhere.

No ride this weekend. It looks nice outside, but it is just a wee bit too cold ... and there is salt everywhere.

Ditto, tinkering with the bikes instead. Adding and removing here and there :)

Layered up and went out for a quick one around KW today. That sun and blue sky was hard to resist. Roads are good (though pooled water in the shade of bridges and overpasses was often frozen...) and reasonably clean but even with my Oxford grips my hands got too cold after 45-minutes.

Looks like winter is setting back in for the next couple of weeks. :(

Took my bike out of storage and rode it back from Huntville (the cottage), to Toronto this weekend. I was dressed for it so it wasn't too bad. Cold hands were the only thing making frequent coffee stops a necessity. Roads were clear, but some nasty winter pot holes to avoid for a hard tail rider like myself. At least the bike is home now though!

Details? Or is it top secret until the reveal date?

Gfs Ninja 300 - Frame Sliders, Tank Pads, Ram Mount

FZ9 - Levers, Frame Sliders, Tank Pads, Fender Eliminator, LED signals front/rear.

Still waiting for some parts, but i'm in no rush..neither is the weather apparently.

Back
Top Bottom