Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 198 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I think it's $135 including tax and lunch for each day.
Oh wow, that's not bad at all! I'll be buying it along with the GBM pass tonight! For that price, did you have to contact them directly? Is this the form you submitted?

Is there a track that IS good for leaving your bike?....lol

I mean, relatively speaking... If you slide out at a slower track like GB, chances are you're not getting too badly banged up and neither is your bike.

Also, on a separate note, how goes the painting? Make sure you post up some pics once its all done :D

Yes, that's the form. I was emailing with Linda from SMP and she said to fill it out, write on the form how many days you want and scan/email it back to her. I just used their generic info@whateveritis email address. She emailed back to confirm she got it and payment was processed a few hours after.

The bike trailer has been dismantled down to the frame and will be sand blasted next week. While I'm waiting for that, I've removed the decals from the R6 fairings and will start sanding them tomorrow. Then a little fiberglass work, prime and paint.

Here's the pics I've taken so far...
5e44fc53c054be21c660da9450e1543c.jpg
11edd33065e9cda35109ae96a3070d67.jpg
3911328d638163721b8a231f4fbd9e3b.jpg

Yes, that's the form. I was emailing with Linda from SMP and she said to fill it out, write on the form how many days you want and scan/email it back to her. I just used their generic info@whateveritis email address. She emailed back to confirm she got it and payment was processed a few hours after.

The bike trailer has been dismantled down to the frame and will be sand blasted next week. While I'm waiting for that, I've removed the decals from the R6 fairings and will start sanding them tomorrow. Then a little fiberglass work, prime and paint.

Great, thanks for the info! I sent them an email just now as well. Keep is posted with pics, I'm sure it'll turn out looking real good :cool: I am still waiting for Hotbodies to ship my bodywork... They said it'll be sometime in mid February. I'm still unsure if I'll swap between OEM and track bodywork for track-days or if I'll somehow rig the race plastics to be street legal.

I've heard from a reliable source that swapping between street and track fairings is a pain in the ass....

Got a little bit of sanding done tonight, which is good. Also got an email from the sand blaster guy tonight and they finished the trailer today so that puts that project a week ahead of schedule. Things are looking up!
8f05c714354d1b05b30db95b5cf446f5.jpg

Great, thanks for the info! I sent them an email just now as well. Keep is posted with pics, I'm sure it'll turn out looking real good :cool: I am still waiting for Hotbodies to ship my bodywork... They said it'll be sometime in mid February. I'm still unsure if I'll swap between OEM and track bodywork for track-days or if I'll somehow rig the race plastics to be street legal.

You should buy a track bike from me and leave your street bike street. :)

Gonna be cleaning and refreshing the brakes soon and I'm thinking of grabbing some new pads. I was thinking Vesrah RJL's for the front but I'm unsure for the back. I'm not sure if for the back I should go with sintered or organic. Would organic be softer and provide a better feel on the rear?

Gonna be cleaning and refreshing the brakes soon and I'm thinking of grabbing some new pads. I was thinking Vesrah RJL's for the front but I'm unsure for the back. I'm not sure if for the back I should go with sintered or organic. Would organic be softer and provide a better feel on the rear?
Do you have SS lines? I put them on one of my previous bikes and it made a huge difference. As for brake pads, I don't know my ass from my elbow....

.....I don't know my *** from my elbow....

Aha! I'll be sure to tell the wife the issue why you're getting your elbow wet in the toilet bowl and pooping all over the bathroom floor...
I'm sure she'll be very appreciative of the intel.

Do you have SS lines? I put them on one of my previous bikes and it made a huge difference. As for brake pads, I don't know my *** from my elbow....

Yup, did SS lines a few years ago. The current pads have plenty of life left on the pad itself however the hole through which the sliding pins go through is no longer a hole... It's an oval. They're definitely needing replacement

Aha! I'll be sure to tell the wife the issue why you're getting your elbow wet in the toilet bowl and pooping all over the bathroom floor...
I'm sure she'll be very appreciative of the intel.
Thanks. Don't you have a tractor to rebuild....
Yup, did SS lines a few years ago. The current pads have plenty of life left on the pad itself however the hole through which the sliding pins go through is no longer a hole... It's an oval. They're definitely needing replacement
People actually look at that stuff? Just put gas in it and ride!!

I'll be at the shop late again tomorrow night. If anyone's up for beer and bike talk, come by any time between 4:00-7:00.

Trailer has been sand blasted and primed. Bike fairings are sanded. Tomorrow I'm going to try and figure out how to do fiberglass patching....
5b64ec67ced168eab10fc254761c9151.jpg
ca06bd59ab6a38e4cbe260cc55996eb2.jpg
54fe20ad30fa66cabbfd0559c5747be7.jpg

I'll be at the shop late again tomorrow night. If anyone's up for beer and bike talk, come by any time between 4:00-7:00.

Trailer has been sand blasted and primed. Bike fairings are sanded. Tomorrow I'm going to try and figure out how to do fiberglass patching....
5b64ec67ced168eab10fc254761c9151.jpg
ca06bd59ab6a38e4cbe260cc55996eb2.jpg
54fe20ad30fa66cabbfd0559c5747be7.jpg
Looks good. Fiberglass is easy to do but hard to do well. Use sergical gloves, use a good respirator, and only do small sections at a time. Once the fiberglass begins to harden (2-3 minutes), make sure you are done messing with it. I prefer using the fiberglass mesh over the strand, it's easier to work with/cut. Don't use too much resin. At the end I always put 1 extra piece on the top to soak up any excess resin. It takes a bit to learn. Don't get it on your skin.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Looks good. Fiberglass is easy to do but hard to do well. Use sergical gloves, use a good respirator, and only do small sections at a time. Once the fiberglass begins to harden (2-3 minutes), make sure you are done messing with it. I prefer using the fiberglass mesh over the strand, it's easier to work with/cut. Don't use too much resin. At the end I always put 1 extra piece on the top to soak up any excess resin. It takes a bit to learn. Don't get it on your skin.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've got the gloves and respirators. And I might have some help from someone tonight. Although he's mostly used to working on lawn mowers and off-road vehicles.....
(*BigEvilDoer)

I've got the gloves and respirators. And I might have some help from someone tonight. Although he's mostly used to working on lawn mowers and off-road vehicles.....
(*BigEvilDoer)
LOL... Don't let him remove 2 cylinders and bend your engine while you're not looking.

LOL... Don't let him remove 2 cylinders and bend your engine while you're not looking.

HAHAHA!!! Only the fairings are at the shop, the bike is still at home. But maybe he messed with my aerodynamics.....that bastard!!

Thanks for the help BigEvilDoer! After you left I brought the tail section up and fixed that one up too. I'll pull the tape off in the morning to see how it looks.

@doozerdave - well, v2 is a favourable cylinder alignment compared to i4 - the sound pretty much instantly improves don't ya know!
@katatonic bip - No worries, didn't stick around too long... as for the aerodynamics, well.. .my little secret.. still trying out how to attach a parachute to the back of Dave and Randy's bikes without them noticing... hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom