Beware of Dukes of cycle and Mv Agusta | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware of Dukes of cycle and Mv Agusta

1. I dont trust anyone with 1 posts to come here and write reviews(especially if they seem overly positive after people post horror stories)

2. whats all this about jap bashing?
Im jap for life. All these clowns must have never heard of the fz 09. Or the R1 (talk about character)

OMG, is this a ***** forum? I just joined, & saw this thread, here is what I think
I have used Carmine since buying my Brutale 1090R, he has been nothing but thorough, & does Excellent work, attention to detail bar none: for example, I stopped in to get some oil & a filter (I do my own oil changes sometimes), he was doing an oil change on a Duke (I call Ducati's Duke, NOT Ducks!), & noted the the drain bolt magnet was broken, the last person that did the oil change would have had to drop the bolt, break the freekin' magnet, & re-install it broken, duh! ~ upon showing me this, Carmine reminded me I needed a new crush washer on my bolt, & he gave me one, for free!, the consistency, with which Carmine presents, for me is worth the cost, he's not cheap, thank god, he will be in busy for years, have good tools, & an awesome space to work in ~ if you wanted cheap (& more dependable then Italian), you should have bought Japanese ...

Oh, hey look, a mechanic that charges $120/hr and gives a $1 crush washer for "free" - he must not be cheap...

Because rice burners are so common and cheap and as unreliable and as likely to break down and have service problems as any other bike....that's why. ;) And if you seriously think otherwise, you just don't have enough experience to know any better. :p

I'll never go back to a rice burner after owning European and American bikes. They just don't inspire, and leave me wanting "more'...the type of more they could never deliver. :cool:

They're just plain....borrrrring!!!! Give me a pasta burner!!! :)

Tell me again what the sales of the big 4 Japanese brands are compared to everyone else????

I'll stick with rice burners. :) ...and do my own maintenance.

Though a few of the others do look nice, but not nice enough to put up with their maintenance headaches.

Last edited:
Tell me again what the sales of the big 4 Japanese brands are compared to everyone else????

I'll stick with rice burners. :) ...and do my own maintenance.

Though a few of the others do look nice, but not nice enough to put up with their maintenance headaches.

Or the lack of parts, dealer network, and spotty reliability record.

Meh, my aprilia has been super reliable. For thread relevance, it's never been to Dukes

If you want it cheaper and more dependable than Italian ~ that's not 'jap bashing' ~ oh I see the thread someone else was jap bashing ~ every time I bought Italian I was going to buy Japanese just prior
Something changed my mind, the look exclusivity, the sound whatever doesn't really matter buy the bike you want the one you like but because you're going to have to have it repaired someday that's a fact of life and you want good work done by a good mechanic regardless of what they charge ~
The magnet was broken at the last place that he had an oil change done don't know more details than that but anybody who wouldn't replace that in their bike is doing a disservice
Never said Carmine was cheap $120/hr and a free crush washer isn't the point, the point is I wasn't going to change it he reminded me I should
That, I'm sorry is priceless yeah many posts slamming Carmine but you're doing it based on A guy that sounds like he abuses his equipment and then wants somebody to fix his problem
Overbooking well that's an interesting thing but you should always expect that your bikes going to be in for more than a day and maybe even longer
Don't trust me because I've only posted once… Whatever
Overly positive, absolutely
That's the way I choose to live my life and when I've got the bike redlining at 17,000 RPM and almost hitting 200 miles an hour I want to know the mechanic torqued the ****ing bolt

Thread aside I wouldn't trust anyone named Carmine

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom