I looked like a dork | GTAMotorcycle.com

I looked like a dork

suzuki2000

I was asked to move someones bike as a favour, So I jump on a little S40 to take a run down the highway.

Lets just say, this bike is cramped, I felt like I was riding a kids bike. Got off the highway, made a stop a a light waiting to turn when an older Kawi ZX7 pulls up, give me a nod, thinking to mysslf, glad I'm wearing the full face, so I can't be identified, the shame ;)

I I were to give a ride report, unless you are under 5'8" and 150lbs this bike probably isn't for you. This bike is now offiically off my list of bikes I would buy for myself forever

Cool story bro. I would buy another. It was a fun bike and pretty light weight for a cruiser. I guess I'm a dork.

LOl I don't know man some people have such bad tastes in bikes, for example those ugly, noisy cruisers that only have about 4" clearenca from the ground. The best way to go is a sport-tourer that looks like a sportsbike but has the comfortness of a cruiser.

Is this the bike you are talking about?

95481640_1thumb_550x410-500x372.jpg

My buddy's got that bike in scarbs, Ryca makes an awesome kit to turn it into a cafe racer. I keep putting pressure on him to get it. Nice little commuter, the hwy on it mustve been crazy tho, lol

My buddy's got that bike in scarbs, Ryca makes an awesome kit to turn it into a cafe racer. I keep putting pressure on him to get it. Nice little commuter, the hwy on it mustve been crazy tho, lol

Though no powerhouse, especially for a 650, it does have belt drive. If Suzuki was smart, they would ditch the cruiser look and give it a UJM/Cafe-ish makeover (similar to the TU250).

Best thing that ever happened to a Savage that I knew was the new rider panicking over a slight curve, jumping off it, and watching it go over the side of the cliff (California).

That bike is tiny, completely gutless, and to me the single cylinder in that frame looks like a lawnmower engine in a minibike.

It IS a kids bike.

I was asked to move someones bike as a favour, So I jump on a little S40 to take a run down the highway.

Lets just say, this bike is cramped, I felt like I was riding a kids bike. Got off the highway, made a stop a a light waiting to turn when an older Kawi ZX7 pulls up, give me a nod, thinking to mysslf, glad I'm wearing the full face, so I can't be identified, the shame ;)

I I were to give a ride report, unless you are under 5'8" and 150lbs this bike probably isn't for you. This bike is now offiically off my list of bikes I would buy for myself forever

You will probably end up in "I saw you"... It goes "You: a dork on a little S40, wearing a full face thinking he's so cool. Me: a super sexy Kawi ZX7 right beside you. I nodded cuz I didn't want you to feel bad but I was laughing to death in my full face. You just couldn't see it. By the way, i did see your face and will remember you forever as a dork, cuz your full face has a clear visor lol!"

Totally joking!!! lol!

Though no powerhouse, especially for a 650, it does have belt drive. If Suzuki was smart, they would ditch the cruiser look and give it a UJM/Cafe-ish makeover (similar to the TU250).

That's why they have the SV650... (SFV Gladius now, but if that's too modern looking, you can cop a naked SV from the last 10 years)

I really like the Gladius.

Yeah, I remember when I first started looking at bikes I sat on this one and found the size and ergos similar to the GZ250 I ended up getting. Now that's tiny!

It's definitely not a bad bike if you're a smaller woman and maybe just starting out. Definitely not great for long hauls on a highway. For a smaller displacement cruiser I'd recommend a Kawi Vulcan 500 over the S40.

When I was shopping for a bike, I sat on one.

It was comfy if I sat on the passenger seat.

But I love the idea of the thumper engine.
Wonder what the upper limit is for CCs on a single jug bike before it shakes you off all together.

When I was shopping for a bike, I sat on one.

It was comfy if I sat on the passenger seat.

I contemplated this as an option.

Wonder what the upper limit is for CCs on a single jug bike before it shakes you off all together.

I think Kawi made some kind of Cruiser years ago with a 1000+ single cylinder, can remember what it was right now.

quick google search shows a 2000cc single bike as the supposed record, but looks like a one off not factory bike

If you don't get aroused looking at this, there's something wrong with you

suzuki-s40-cafe-racer-5.jpg

If you don't get aroused looking at this, there's something wrong with you

suzuki-s40-cafe-racer-5.jpg

Yea I would love to get either the Cafe or bobber mod on this bike.

The Bike deffinatly isnt for everyone but i love the way the S40 looks and for me its pretty comfortable. (Although i admit i havnt drove it yet). I am in the market for a curser this season and this and the VSTAR 650 is at the top of the list. ATM i have the feeling the power of the VSTAR is going to make my choice for me but yea the S40 is a great little bike

Yea I would love to get either the Cafe or bobber mod on this bike.

The Bike deffinatly isnt for everyone but i love the way the S40 looks and for me its pretty comfortable. (Although i admit i havnt drove it yet). I am in the market for a curser this season and this and the VSTAR 650 is at the top of the list. ATM i have the feeling the power of the VSTAR is going to make my choice for me but yea the S40 is a great little bike

My girlfriend has a Savage (old name for the S40) and it's a great bike. The power to weight ratio of the S40 is around the same as a Honda Shadow 750 or Vstar 650, so they are all about the same in terms of acceleration. The S40 is just easier to handle because it's 100lbs lighter. It's a fantastic handling bike at low and mid speeds, perfect for around town and commuting. It will also do highway speeds 2-up with no problem. The only real downside to it is the small fuel tank. It only goes about 160km before hitting reserve.

You will probably end up in "I saw you"... It goes "You: a dork on a little S40, wearing a full face thinking he's so cool. Me: a super sexy Kawi ZX7 right beside you. I nodded cuz I didn't want you to feel bad but I was laughing to death in my full face. You just couldn't see it. By the way, i did see your face and will remember you forever as a dork, cuz your full face has a clear visor lol!"

Totally joking!!! lol!

lol @ this!! too funny!

I had one as starter bike for 2 years. It is great bike and it will go up to 150kmph fine.
That is with 6'2" 95kg guy on it.
And it gets there pretty fast too. I guess it does not have 'street cred' for some.
I hope you have bike that makes you think you look good on it :)
Fact is, nobody cares and if they notice you are forgotten by next set of lights...

Back
Top Bottom