Running.. ugghh | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Running.. ugghh

I like Running.. but that kind of running where you're sprinting until you cant no more and then walking real fast.. sprint!... walk.. sprint!.. .. I hate jogging... bores the hell outta me.. its a lazy run.. cant stand it and it tires me out trying to be slow .. pfff.. sprint!! .. run like when you were a kid and would race other kids and the car and the guy on the bike.. that is why its fun..

p.s. i hate treadmills.. that is not running.. the way you run on a treadmill is nothing like how you run outside or on a track.

It sounds strange but I count to 8 repeatedly.
Keep it up!

I do that too! I just picked it up on my own from since I was a kid. I breath in for 8 strides and out for 8 strides. It helps me keep my breathing relaxed.

cant run I've banged up my legs & shins too much with years of BMX & downhill mountain biking.

Can ride a bike forever though :)

I love running, started when I was 14. Worked my way up to 20 mile runs by the time I was in my 20's then kept the pace up until a few years ago when I hurt my hip.

Now I can only run 5 km's or less and it irritates me, I so want to go further (yes I have tried orthotics, seen doc's etc. nothing has helped). To offset my lack of running I used to row. Stupidly I sold my rower when I moved here, now I am actively searching for another one.

Like others no music, just enjoyment of the open road and what nature has to offer. Of course the other night when I almost stepped on a copperhead snake, nature was the last thing I was enjoying.

love running...done it all my life...don't like to run more than a couple hours though...don't like to run less than hour either...didn't pick it up this summer since looking after a family member...don't like running with music, or with other people, usually find they are slow...i did a summer, couple years back, of running every half marathon in the GTA, you don't wanna know how much that cost...i like to run to stay lean, stay in shape, but i don't wanna over do it, i wanna be able to run till i the day i die...

I hate running w/ music too. I dont see how ppl can do that. I like to focus on my breathing and getting my body in a rhythm. Running is where I do all my thinking too. I run alone and find ppl distracting. I can bearly do half of the distance when I run w/ ppl.

...yep, I'm a loner :rolleyes:

Oh, yeh, I cant get ppl who run at threadmills too. Dont u want a change of scenery? :confused: No wonder u have to motivate yourself.

Totally agree with you on this. The music really ruins it for me. I can't concentrate on the breathing and I can't keep myself paced. For me running with other people is okay - if they we don't speak.

The treadmill thing is kinda weird. It tires to simulate the outdoor experience, but not really. I could never see myself on a treadmill.

I ran a 10k this year under 56 minutes and two weeks after that, I did a very painful 5k where I finally blew out my knee. I've been cycling ever since.

If you fatties cant get ti going in the spring i fully expect a nice gear sale!!!!

barring that, is it worth it? I HATE the IDEA of running, but need cardio. sigh...

How did you start the hated event, and what do you do to keep yourself going? Cause i gotta tell you...the thought....

A friend once said "the only thing more boring than running, is TALKING about running".

I never run dreadmill, always outdoor. The only time I use dreadmill is when its thunderstorm out there.

For those who hate running but run on the dreadmill, did you try to run outdoor?

for those who hate running and already running outdoor, did you run on sidewalk or did you have a good designation run?

I find it is very enjoyable to run in scenic. If normal days, I would drive to Erindale park in the morning from Dundas and run all the way up to 403/mavis and come back during the yellow fall to early winter.

Or pick a summer morning drive up north to Sauble beach, or even the closer woodbine beach and run alone the shoreline.

Waterfront is another good place to log some miles.

For my long run during weekend, I usually drive/ride to remote area to run just for the scenic. Very time consuming, but that run become something enjoyable.

Ok here is an easier trick... pick up several old rocky movies to get yourself motivated. Specially Rocky VI during the winter time.

I live out in the country so all my running is "scenic". haha. I never got treadmills, i tried it once and almost fell when i got off the thing. That was the end of that idea.

If the roads are clear i can still run outdoors in the winter. Sometimes it sucks! ahaha.

Yea see that's another good point. I live in scarborough so when I used to run all I would see is the same stupid cars, and same ugly children on my route. Having scenic areas WOULD make running more interesting....

I find it very hard to get out there and run on a regular basis. When I do run, I like to to do trails rather than pounding the pavement.

To keep my ticker healthy, I prefer 20-30 minute of skipping rope in front of the TV or swimming (esp in open water when its avail - although its kinda dangerous when you get tired). I find I get a better work out in less time compared to running.

I hate running w/ music too. I dont see how ppl can do that. I like to focus on my breathing and getting my body in a rhythm. Running is where I do all my thinking too. I run alone and find ppl distracting. I can bearly do half of the distance when I run w/ ppl.

...yep, I'm a loner :rolleyes:

Oh, yeh, I cant get ppl who run at threadmills too. Dont u want a change of scenery? :confused: No wonder u have to motivate yourself.

When I run with people I end up being all jokey/chatty and slowing down to their pace so basically it's a good time but hardly a workout.

I do run intervals on the treadmill as the timing is easier....but that's only in the winter when it's too damn cold to go outside!

I hate running too, but I had to do it to get in shape. Can't do 10k runs yet. I'm doing more like 2.5k runs. Long as I need to do though to meet my current goals.

Is there a technique to improving endurance, other than just keeping at it? I seemed to make some really good progress at first, then hit a wall. Unlike weight lifting, where as long as I've kept at it, I've steadily improved. The only thing holding back my weight lifting is my paycheck - I've increased my appetite to the point where I run out of money feeding myself. Damn small income.

I run with music...but something it does distract you...I use to run like 45 mins a day...then went a on cruise and stopped.. LoL! (Gained like 10 lbs from the cruise)

Now I'm going to start running with my puppy...she growing slowly and getting faster every week...so making me run faster and longer as well..

Plus...I'm training to for the COP test...(Flame... :()

for those who hate running and already running outdoor, did you run on sidewalk or did you have a good designation run?

U could try hiking trails or parks. In my area there is a few. I could run to some of them but I dont want to spend 2hrs running :(

U could probably google them or look at a map

Is there a technique to improving endurance, other than just keeping at it? I seemed to make some really good progress at first, then hit a wall. Unlike weight lifting, where as long as I've kept at it, I've steadily improved. The only thing holding back my weight lifting is my paycheck - I've increased my appetite to the point where I run out of money feeding myself. Damn small income.

I am not a pro, but I would say increase distance every 3dys? I've done that, works for me. Dont go all hardcore on the 1st run too (after a few months absence). It might just hurt ur muscles and u might just hate it. Go easy on the 1st run.

U haven't hit a wall on your weight lifting? :confused:
How long have u been doing it?
Are u pushing yourself?

Back
Top Bottom