Running.. ugghh | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Running.. ugghh

I've been meaning to get into running but it's hard to fit this into my schedule on top of work, lifting, and everything else. My GF runs 10-18 K like 3-5 times a week (she wants to do a half marathon in near future) and wants me to try running with her. I will get pwned. LOL I went for one run about a month ago and managed about 7K in a little over 30 minutes before almost having a heart attack but I haven't keept up with it.
same boat as you!. Id rather lift than run but gf is also aiming to do a marathon in the future. I just cant go past 1km hhhahahaha

11742747_10204645254680664_2097785767529382489_n.jpg

Well, Im heading up to Gravenhurst today and I'll be doing my first Olympic du tomorrow. 10km run / 40km ride / 5km run.

I did the Sprint Du in Guelph a few weeks ago and I was pretty happy with my results. My run pace was 5:03/km and I was 4th fastest on the bike. 12th of 62 overall and only about ten seconds behind 10th overall. Its a bit frustrating that I'm in the worst age group right now 30-39 is the most competitive group and 1, 2 and 3 overall were all in my age group. I was 4th in my age group but 5 minutes behind 3rd. Work to do!

Its a bit frustrating that I'm in the worst age group right now 30-39 is the most competitive group and 1, 2 and 3 overall were all in my age group. I was 4th in my age group but 5 minutes behind 3rd. Work to do!

Not bad for someone who doesn't train. You did mention you don't train before an event, right?

I believe you are mistaken! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're changing your tone now. Not too long ago I mentioned how crazy to not train for such an event.

It's not uncommon to hear long distance runners getting heart attack during a race. Prolonged increased heartbeat can be hard on the heart

You're changing your tone now. Not too long ago I mentioned how crazy to not train for such an event.

It's not uncommon to hear long distance runners getting heart attack during a race. Prolonged increased heartbeat can be hard on the heart

Hehehe, you said "hard on".

The race was tough!

I posted my fastest ever 40km bike split and was 5th fastest on the bike.

I struggled in the 2nd run but I only lost one position. 16th over all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump!
Signed up for Around the Bay 30k and might sign up for Chilly 1/2 as well.
First time running with a running group and a coach so we'll see how that goes...
Just did a slow 14k and running 3x a week again.
It's been a long 18 months off.
Word up.

All my peers have, one by one, acquired this Type 2 Diabetes.
Keep in mind, Big Pharma doesn't want to 'cure' you of this - they just want to keep selling you the medication.
But it's BS! Nobody needs to get this affliction, which is basically a sign you're abusing your body. Not treating it right.
(Fatty liver disease and Type 2 Diabetes go together like peas & carrots.)

Anyway, I corrected my diet to prevent it.
No carbohydrates and no (zero) sugar. Simple, right?
You can try but you'll never actually get zero carbs because they're almost everywhere...
But you can try - and you can make sure what carbs you do ingest are as 'complex' as possible.

As a side-effect, the weight will fall off you like crazy!
Which is actually not the original intent (which is healthy blood).
Oh man, I wish I'd been eating like this for years now - I feel great.
Look better too. I actually have cheekbones, heheh, not seen since old high school photos...

Refined sugar is not a natural product, guys - it's man-made.
There's nothing like it in nature. It's technically poison.
Do not ingest it into your body. Your body and its precious blood will thank you!

Signed up for tough mudder.

I know someone here who's got a lot of work to do

All my peers have, one by one, acquired this Type 2 Diabetes.
Keep in mind, Big Pharma doesn't want to 'cure' you of this - they just want to keep selling you the medication.
But it's BS! Nobody needs to get this affliction, which is basically a sign you're abusing your body. Not treating it right.
(Fatty liver disease and Type 2 Diabetes go together like peas & carrots.)

Anyway, I corrected my diet to prevent it.
No carbohydrates and no (zero) sugar. Simple, right?
You can try but you'll never actually get zero carbs because they're almost everywhere...
But you can try - and you can make sure what carbs you do ingest are as 'complex' as possible.

As a side-effect, the weight will fall off you like crazy!
Which is actually not the original intent (which is healthy blood).
Oh man, I wish I'd been eating like this for years now - I feel great.
Look better too. I actually have cheekbones, heheh, not seen since old high school photos...

Refined sugar is not a natural product, guys - it's man-made.
There's nothing like it in nature. It's technically poison.
Do not ingest it into your body. Your body and its precious blood will thank you!

Carbs aren't bad for you... You just have to fit it into your macros properly especially if you want to lose weight or prevent disease. Even white rice isn't as bad as people make it out to be, just take the proper servings with your diet. Brown rice, quinoa, lentils, banana's, peas - all full of carbs, all very nutritious and good tasting. Eaten properly and you'll lose or maintain weight.

The real health problems come from eating meat and there are a plethora of studies out there to back that claim.

You're right about sugar, on the other hand. Unless you're getting it from fruit you're making a costly mistake. And don't get me started with sweeteners.

Carbs aren't bad for you... The real health problems come from eating meat and there are a plethora of studies out there to back that claim.
For people who are healthy and an ideal body weight, calories from carbohydrates are okay.
Ideally they'll be from the most complex carbs, which digest more slowly and spike your blood sugar less violently.

But overweight people, who probably have Fatty Liver Disease and blood sugar problems, should not eat carbs. Period.
"Feeding carbohydrates to Type 2 Diabetics is like treating Alcoholism with alcohol."
-Dr. Sarah Hallberg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1vvigy5tQ

Yeah, true about meat - but I don't eat a lot anyway, mostly chicken. Seafood is not my thing...
But too much red meat is not good, and apparently deli is deadly!
For years back in the day I used to live on pork chops (preferably barbecued heheh) but those days are gone. :(
The key is, as you have said, moderation.
Eat a little top-quality beef, chicken, fish. The important thing is, natural food!
Things humans have been eating for thousands of years. Things your liver recognizes...
L8R

but then theres also the speech about how meat consumption is increasing greenhouse gases in our atmosphere and killing out planet slowly (for a more extreme view of it, watch cowspiracy )

In the end. Eat less meat. Eat more veggies. Eat less processed food.

I'm going to try and phase meat out slowly. But it's tough with chicken and eggs being my main source of protein.

Did my first 10k ever a few months ago for Terry Fox, and I did my first 5k a few days before that... I was aiming to finish the 10k under an hour as I didn't have any reference. Felt great at the time to set a personal record :)

cD6BFlFcroVO1N-mwo5_39WXW2tAtdTkPyucHaMZ8ewLepPwkbi2XpjHf-O6fn-MFK8TRFtR9NgJxQYLWvX13uh-0OOhE5rxuof9gP0KRr6f_6bFc-yS53pNRSf-xF5p1ZPyThtQN_IGLeZWWnS6q4a0PUXhLQqAaUFHAloNhsBu7o4nId7m11e0Z0Yd6WE8jaFgFMC5THxTK96S4-R700p-hrbO9WcFGlbx7AWGnK4MiTpzpNAyzXazvn9DocQKs21qruS1tbVkSx1E08aqXXGOcLRS704XsY0fXmoKIPFAkCIbPsUrkfjzVPfAdladvAbBT3zO4b1GSwaA-1t3WgJQtnnhq-_dz2pQ0-xopQ2SjNhlpjZCcOo40Li42n5nUXzOhyTHn1LlQAjNRpcS44yXOStfHE5eelhoJop07PincXDvczjrL9Si5kwoHG5CON2Wve69Aw_GZB22Lrz9t_LyvmwP4MDNKI4z6-sskUpppbgJgTF75gz8UIHscKbCW5WfFbnJI1T2d4kbsq_NOOXojTUcENE_rxD2BvKY4nez51KZI9DjhqqhEX26bejo3pAn=w551-h979-no

Last edited:
^^nice job. It's always interesting running shorter distance races and learning how to pace energy levels properly. My first 5k I went out too fast for the first few km and almost collapsed at the end I was so gassed.

As for diet - I used to eat meat 3 meals a day and gave it up about 8 yrs ago. It's definitely been a change for the better. Get blood tests yearly and all is good. There's lots of great sources of protein out there.

As for diet - I used to eat meat 3 meals a day and gave it up about 8 yrs ago. It's definitely been a change for the better. Get blood tests yearly and all is good. There's lots of great sources of protein out there.
Less or more meals as the replacement?

Back
Top Bottom