Running.. ugghh | GTAMotorcycle.com

Running.. ugghh

caboose56

Site Supporter
Why do i do it!? If it weren't for the results i would never do it.

When i got my new 1-piece suit in April i couldn't even zip it up let alone with the back protector in too. It took me 5 weeks to drop the weight to get it done up with the back protector, maybe 25lbs? Just running 5 times a week either 5 or 8km and saying goodbye to my good friend carbs. I managed to do my first ever 10km run in 59 minutes around the middle of June.

It was all going to plan until i broke my collar bone, i wasnt really able to do much physically for about a month and the leathers were pretty tight so i had to put my running shoes back on. I've been back at the running for a few weeks now and just did my 2nd 10km run today in 57 minutes. I don't think im getting off the couch for the rest of the night! Ugghh!!

One thing is for sure, if it wasnt for my mp3 player running would be impossible!

Anyone else run even though they hate it?? lol

ha ha and I thought this was just another 'running' thread.

When i got my new 1-piece suit in April i couldn't even zip it up let alone with the back protector in too. It took me 5 weeks to drop the weight to get it done up with the back protector, maybe 25lbs? Just running 5 times a week either 5 or 8km and saying goodbye to my good friend carbs. I managed to do my first ever 10km run in 59 minutes around the middle of June.

It was all going to plan until i broke my collar bone, i wasnt really able to do much physically for about a month and the leathers were pretty tight so i had to put my running shoes back on. I've been back at the running for a few weeks now and just did my 2nd 10km run today in 57 minutes. I don't think im getting off the couch for the rest of the night! Ugghh!!

One thing is for sure, if it wasnt for my mp3 player running would be impossible!

Thats really really good. How long did you run for each day?

I absolutely hate hate hate running or any other sleep inducing cardio activity. I can lift weights for hours at the gym, but I have to muster every single fiber of self discipline to stay on the treadmill for 20 mins. I have gotten better at it, considering I realize its a necessary evil of getting in shape.

I don't wanna get a tick.. Oh that kinda running.. No, just a few warmup laps around the dojang :cool:

Thats really really good. How long did you run for each day?

I absolutely hate hate hate running or any other sleep inducing cardio activity. I can lift weights for hours at the gym, but I have to muster every single fiber of self discipline to stay on the treadmill for 20 mins. I have gotten better at it, considering I realize its a necessary evil of getting in shape.

i think 5km is about 25 minutes. 8km about 40 minutes..

running is good for riding too, i hold the bike with my legs not my arms. in the past i've always been pretty sore after trackdays but this year i haven't had any of that soreness.

That's why you are so grumpy sometimes hahaha...

Props on the weight loss... I hate running too. But since I cut a lot of weight all the time for wrestling I have accepted the suckyness. Anyways I find that doing some intense weight lifting will help get you there faster ;)

Good job Timmy!

I run but I also love it. I used to run with music but I run better, faster, stronger, longer without music. It sounds strange but I count to 8 repeatedly. If you have any pace issues it helps keep your pace and your form is better.

Keep it up!

yeah same... i always pack on an extra 10lbs over the winter, but once spring comes back it takes me about 2 months to get back to my usual 180'ish.

i can totally atest to the "gear doesn't fit after winter" issues lol.

+1 to the MP3 player, I'm a clock-watcher otherwise.

yeah same... i always pack on an extra 10lbs over the winter, but once spring comes back it takes me about 2 months to get back to my usual 180'ish.

i can totally atest to the "gear doesn't fit after winter" issues lol.

+1 to the MP3 player, I'm a clock-watcher otherwise.

no, man. leather shrinks in the cold!

yeah I'm usually doing 10k every other day rotating between 5k and 15k's every other week to switch it up but yea there are days it hurts bad.. just wanna get to half marathon status ;) 20k +

Nice.

I'm not sure if i'll ever get up that high. I used to think 10km would have been impossible too though. I'm going to try and get up to 15km by the time the snow flies. I'm not sure if its common but i do run a lot better in cooler weather.

I was beat after my run today!!!

Oh sweet Jesus I hate running. I absolutely despise it....mostly because it does absolutely NOTHING for me. Back when I used to practice muay thai or dragonboat I used to run pretty regularly. Did I lose weight? Hell no....well nothing that can be attributed to the running anyway.

I'll sprint....skip rope for half an hour....use that damned rowing machine...hell I'd rather deadlift until my hands are bleeding, rather than run for more than 5K.

On that note I commend you and your running efforts. I seriously don't know how you guys do it. Keep up the good work!!

On that note I commend you and your running efforts. I seriously don't know how you guys do it. Keep up the good work!!

The odd time that the battery in mp3 player gives out half way through my run i want to shoot myself. uugghhh!!!

I fire up the tunes, figure out my cadence then i just put it on cruise control and my mind totally checks out. :D

I hate running alone.
But, I like running in the mornings with work as I'm competitive and like leaving people in my dust, especially since I don't look like a runner.

i do lots of biking for my cardio. i switch it up between road biking and mountain biking, that way i change it up a little bit. I find i love riding bicycles, so its not a burden for me to go out and ride for 20 km.

F**K running

I do 5k every other day...maybe 3 times a week..I don't really hate it..I don't listen to music..I just run and kinda zone out. It's nice to do stuff that doesn't require thinking. :) Seriously! It's hard for me..need to lose 20lbs to really be half-decent at it, although my last 5k run time was 26mins or so. I don't know if I could finish a 10k!! Props!! :)

I am back up to a solid 5K now and 2.4K time is about 10:30-11 (army crap) I've started swimming as in a few months it will be snowy and I don't like running on a treadmill so I swim. Gotta get back into the rhythm and routine.

Took a break after I went down as I was a bit sore and doctors orders and stuff but I've been running 3-4 times a week when I can now.

However, since I am trying to put on weight (20, 6'3, 165LBS and I am working for a solid constant 175 by the end of the year) I might cut down a bit of the running as my fast metabolism and running make gaining weight even that much harder.

I don't mind running and I try and switch it up with longer distance same pace runs, intervals of sprinting and running between telephone poles and hills days keep it interesting. Also the motivation of when I stop having to do 20 pushups and situps keeps me wanting to run somedays (and somedays I want to stop and do those pushups so I can rest, funny huh)

Last edited:
Good job Timmy!

I run but I also love it. I used to run with music but I run better, faster, stronger, longer without music. It sounds strange but I count to 8 repeatedly. If you have any pace issues it helps keep your pace and your form is better.

Keep it up!
I hate running w/ music too. I dont see how ppl can do that. I like to focus on my breathing and getting my body in a rhythm. Running is where I do all my thinking too. I run alone and find ppl distracting. I can bearly do half of the distance when I run w/ ppl.

...yep, I'm a loner :rolleyes:

Oh, yeh, I cant get ppl who run at threadmills too. Dont u want a change of scenery? :confused: No wonder u have to motivate yourself.

Back
Top Bottom