Running.. ugghh | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Running.. ugghh

It was a beautiful morning for a run. Shorts were worn, the season is truly here!

Hate it hate it HATE IT...and lost 60 lbs doing it last year so. ......

This is my signature.....apparently

Hate it hate it HATE IT...and lost 60 lbs doing it last year so. ...... This is my signature.....apparently
Kudos on dropping 60 lbs, but there are easier ways if you hate running so much :) ...

Anyway, did the MEC Burlington trail race this past saturday. It was at Dundas Valley Conservation Area. They have a pretty nice trail system there which I didn't know about. Would recommend it if you like running through the woods. Apparently this area also hosts the Sulphur Springs Trail Run which is a pretty big trail race for anyone who is interested.

Someone mentioned Mississauga Marathon. It's suppose to be a fast course (especially the half route), so good luck to anyone taking part.

I did the Mississauga 1/2 last year and it sure is a very fast course and a nice run, especially with a finish along the waterfront.

Finally bought a new pair of shoes and got the New Balance 1260v3. I've only run one test with them on the treadmill and they feel nice so far.
Looking forward to getting outside with these.
m1260bg3_nb_07_i

I did the Mississauga 1/2 last year and it sure is a very fast course and a nice run, especially with a finish along the waterfront.

Finally bought a new pair of shoes and got the New Balance 1260v3. I've only run one test with them on the treadmill and they feel nice so far.
Looking forward to getting outside with these.
m1260bg3_nb_07_i

Good choice...... NB has been making some awesome shoes lately. Likely my next pair will be NB's.

I have wide flat feet too and so these came pretty highly recommended. Asides from a pair of court shoes for playing squash, these are my first pair of New Balance shoes. Nothing like running on a pair of new shoes with less weight and lots of bounce!
I bought them at their Bloor West location and the sales guy was beyond useless - good thing my girlfriend knows a lot about this stuff.

I have wide flat feet too and so these came pretty highly recommended. Asides from a pair of court shoes for playing squash, these are my first pair of New Balance shoes. Nothing like running on a pair of new shoes with less weight and lots of bounce!
I bought them at their Bloor West location and the sales guy was beyond useless - good thing my girlfriend knows a lot about this stuff.

Just to let you know, there is a NB store in that Don Mills mall. The people there are quite knowledgeable & I think they cater to alot of runners. The store stock 99% running shoes. The shoes are customized according to the arch of your foot, the width, etc. Pretty cool to just check it out. Not cheap though

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I have wide flat feet too and so these came pretty highly recommended. Asides from a pair of court shoes for playing squash, these are my first pair of New Balance shoes. Nothing like running on a pair of new shoes with less weight and lots of bounce! I bought them at their Bloor West location and the sales guy was beyond useless - good thing my girlfriend knows a lot about this stuff.
I have high arches and use the saucony kinvaras for the last year and a half (used the 2s and now the 3s). I like the light weight and they have plenty of cushioning for me (sometimes I wish they had more on my long runs). This is the first pair that I'm keeping track of kms and I have almost 600 on the current pair. I buy them on sale as stores get rid of old models (kinvara 4 are current model and 5 are about to be released as well). I paid $50/pair recently at the saucony outlet in milton (http://www.torontopremiumoutlets.ca), I also scored good deals at the running room outlet on north queen in etobicoke in the past.

This is nice, first thing we do before heading out for an early run is checking GTAM. Priorities are set right.

A bit cold and windy at the start line and very windy at the finish line. But the run itself was very nice and fast. Very enjoyable.

I stopped drinking two weeks ago as part of the pre run clean diet. Now that It's all done bring on the pints.

RunningRoom has 20% off on any purchase over $150. Ends today. You need an internet coupon, but the guy at the store didn't care, just put the discount through automatically just for mentioning it.

Picked me up some New Balance 860 V4.

Took em for a boot today, not bad. Definitely feel nicer than the last pair of Asics I bought.

MEC Burlington Race 2 is comming up this Saturday. 5k/10k/21.1k for $15, $20 on race day. The race is in confederation park in hamilton. I ran the half at that venue with them last fall. The course is FAST if it is not windy. You run mostly along the lake on the path which is pancake flat (I can only remember one hill, and by hill I mean 3m elevation gain over 50meters) and you have distance markings on the pavement every 400m. I'm in no way affiliated with MEC, I just like their small, cheap, chip timed races. I'll be doing the 10k, see you there.

sprinting > long distance running

chronic cardio is bad for ya health...

15 min of HIIT is about as effective as jogging for a hour

...unless you're one of those sickos thay acually enjoys it

15 min of HIIT is about as effective as jogging for a hour

...unless you're one of those sickos thay acually enjoys it

+1 on this... I never really ran any type of distances besides a few 5 ks and I hate it... I do enjoy the HIIT though, i dont even need 15 mins, I do 8 mins at super high/low intensity and it kicks my butt, plus the results are phenomenal. i see these people plugging away on the treadmill for an hour and i think what a waste!

Back
Top Bottom