I Saw You: V.2.0 | Page 399 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I Saw You: V.2.0

I saw a Ural with sidecar on the 5th Sideroad approaching Guelph Line today. Brrrr.

It was a beautiful day for a ride!

Spotted around 11:45am-noon, just south of Bloor on university,
You heading south; looked like a black and white GSXR 600 maybe a '14, me; heading north on my red 81' C70. Good to see another rider out finally. Not the best day for it though. It was decent this morning, but the snow is coming down now, hope you aren't coming from or going far. Ride safe.

Last edited:
Desert camo Ural/sidecar northbound on #12 at 3:15 PM yesterday. Moving at a good clip too ... Kudos.

We'd stopped in the Anchor Restaurant (Sutton) for a late lunch. I didn't ride yesterday.

Saw a Sidecar Ural yesterday on Erin Mills Parkway at 7:00 pm.
full of salt.
he lives close to me.

[WQUOTE=bocutter;2264759]Desert camo Ural/sidecar northbound on #12 at 3:15 PM yesterday. Moving at a good clip too ... Kudos.

We'd stopped in the Anchor Restaurant (Sutton) for a late lunch. I didn't ride yesterday.[/QUOTE]

A couple of big adventure touring bikes (KTM? BMW?) headed West on the 401 yesterday (saturday) just West of the 407. Made me dislike my car even more than usual.

Saw a white Honda Grom on Front St @ ~1:30pm yesterday. You're nuts. And awesome.

Left our booth at the sportsman show and saw a sport bike sitting at red light on side street off of lakeshore, there was about 3" of snow on the road.

I love winter but not at today's temps -- I saw someone on the QEW Westbound taking the Islington off-ramp today in the afternoon, on my way home from the Tesla P85D test drive (it was super fun launching in insane mode btw!). Gotta give you credit for riding in today's blisteringly cold weather. I'm sure the wind chill factor wasn't fun.

saw some crazy guy today on what looked like a ruckus in Brampton. I could tell he was layered up.

Heading north on Yonge was a guy on a scooter lol! Poor bugger must've been freezing his gonads off!

Saw some kid in a Kawi starter sportbike at dundas + islington around 4:30pm, bike looked clean so maybe he just went around the block.

I know this doesn't necessarily belong in this thread but; It was/has been super cold for sure. Have to dress in proper winter gear, and ride with a bit of extra caution. I ride up Mt. Pleasant/Jarvis/Sherbourne though. Rode Yesterday, didn't ride today as it was supposed to snow and bike isn't running the best. Probably could have gotten away with it though, the roads are clean. Maybe tomorrow or just wait until Thursday. We'll see what the weather does. Waiting on a new carb from California- not like that is stopping me but I'm looking forward to it.

Some people don't give two ***** about all that salt on their bike... Riding a bike in the winter is a joke that's why they have snowmobiles.. Already had a person in this forum saying how they enjoy extended season and then a week or two later crashed..

Some people don't give two ***** about all that salt on their bike... Riding a bike in the winter is a joke that's why they have snowmobiles.. Already had a person in this forum saying how they enjoy extended season and then a week or two later crashed..
Good luck finding somewhere to legally ride a snowmobile in Toronto.

Always wanted one but even when I lived out in the country I couldn't think of where I would ride it without illegally trespassing on other peoples' property. Same with dirtbikes and ATVs. Then I found out that almost everyone just ignores that fact. I know all my neighbours hated snowmobilers because they'd ride across your lawn even when there was next to no snow and tear it all up.

Although I see ATVs more often in Toronto now (on public streets) than I did in the country, lol.

Good luck finding somewhere to legally ride a snowmobile in Toronto.

Always wanted one but even when I lived out in the country I couldn't think of where I would ride it without illegally trespassing on other peoples' property. Same with dirtbikes and ATVs. Then I found out that almost everyone just ignores that fact. I know all my neighbours hated snowmobilers because they'd ride across your lawn even when there was next to no snow and tear it all up.

Although I see ATVs more often in Toronto now (on public streets) than I did in the country, lol.
Trailer it up north? And yeah pretty much half the people out here in the country ride snowmobiles so we just ride on each others property and there's SK much snow this year you wouldn't do any grass damage. There is **** loads of trails to ride on. I just don't understand riding a bike getting it covered in salt makes me wanna cry.

Some people don't give two ***** about all that salt on their bike... Riding a bike in the winter is a joke that's why they have snowmobiles..

Oddly, I haven't seen any snowmobiles commute to work in Toronto. Guess I need to get out more. Do they also get free streetside parking?

I never said to ride a snowmobile in Toronto .... I said ride a snowmobile instead of putting your poor bike in salt.. On a side not nobody on Toronto is badass enough... Ghostrider did it...

Country riding/ snowmobiling is a bit of a double edged sword. I lived a huge farm so I had the space to do what ever I wanted, people would ride over our land and we wouldn't even notice. On the other hand we know that neighbors and other residents didn't appreciate it at all.

Obviously some of us don't care about the salt on our bikes at all, heated/ insulated garages and a quick wash after the ride are a great solution to salt problems. Our bikes are made to be ridden- maybe some bikes could use some extra babying though.

Back
Top Bottom