Great Ontario Bike Roads-The BIG map! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Great Ontario Bike Roads-The BIG map!

:)Thanks that's what I was looking for. If anyone knows more of rideworthy roads around West Hill Pickering area let us know, so have safe and fun ride everyone...

The Big Map

Since all the other links to the Big Map are dead unless you want to download the map... I've hosted it as a viewable file.
Once it starts to open, just click on the map once and it should enlarge to a nice and easy to read size.

Last edited:
I :banghead: JUST :banghead: WANT :banghead: TO :banghead: RIDE :banghead: MY :banghead: BIKE:pottytrain2:

I'm back riding after a few years hiatus. I used to use the Ontario bike roads site to plan out my Sunday morning route.

I'd usually leave from the QEW/427 area around 7:30AM and be done around 1:00 pm. Has anyone mapped this route out? It's been a while since I've done it and used to know it by heart.

Here's the route: Snake Road to Ice House for breakfast then onto Rattlesnake Point. Then to Speyside back roads onto Terra Cotta, Forks of the Credit and finally Hockley Valley Road. Then home.

Try this to map it out, I am always looking for nice routes, so if you map it out let me know.

http://www.motowhere.com/

Here's the route: Snake Road to Ice House for breakfast then onto Rattlesnake Point. Then to Speyside back roads onto Terra Cotta, Forks of the Credit and finally Hockley Valley Road. Then home.

just went though Terra Nova / River Road this weekend
(in my girlfriend's car, because we were going camping)
and it's still pretty sandy in some corners.
I'll be back there on the bike before long, because well..... damn that's a nice road!

I have a suggestion for Cambridge-Paris Backroads for South Central - Waterloo/London Area. When heading down E River Rd, make a Left on Scenic Dr which is before Blue Lake Rd and take it to hwy 24. On Mapquest it doesn't look like much but it gets pretty twisty.

I'm so checking out Forks of the credit this weekend:

forks.jpg

Share tight curves with bikes, Porsches...and on the weekends, Buicks and cop cars

There's got to be higher power at work here ...

I'll see you in November.. Fork!

Just an FYI, Caledon and the town of Belfountain have passed a by-law limiting the sound emitted by motorcycles. Goes futher than the HTA. OPP will be conducting roadside tests and handing out $150 fines. If you try to fight it in court and loose, you will be fined $1000. How is that for the beginnings of a POLICE STATE?
If you want to do something about it...
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php..._reply#!/group.php?gid=157370174283797&v=wallhttp://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/register.php?a=ver

Man, wish I'd read this thread before the road trip I just returned from...

- I took the popular 507 "Buckhorn" route for the first time and it was a blast! I was smiling the whole way =) Slowed down to 1st gear to navigate around a flock of wild turkeys before arriving at Gooderham.
- From there, continued north on 3 Road toward Haliburton. Stopped for a Moose. Smiles again =)
- Kept going north and rode through Algonquin Park on Hwy 60. Been years since I've been there... beautiful! Stopped for a couple short hikes before continuing on Hwy 60 toward Ottawa. Fyi, fair bit of road work going on in the west sections of Hwy 60 right now. Riding on corduroy wasn't all that fun but once you get past the construction it's smooth sailing. Saw a bear.
- Ottawa has a few nice roads along the river but traffic was a pain at times: Queen Elizabeth Driveway, Rockcliffe Parkway and Ottawa River Parkway.

Next time I'll print the big map out and take it with me as it looks like I missed a whole bunch of good routes. Thanks for posting it!

Back
Top Bottom