Aprilia RS 125 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aprilia RS 125

this bike is powerful and no where near the cbr125 or the 250 its a 2 stroke 30hp track machine. i am pretty sure that this bike cant be made street legal in canada, it doesnt meet emission laws in any province.

:confused:there is no emission laws for motorcycles in Ontario.......that only applies for cars..I never had to do an emission test for my bike I don't know where you got yours but if you had to do one it was probably in another province or something, the aprillia 125 could be made street legal you just have to get a special kit like lights and mirrors, the dealership will take care of this like motoretta.

Last edited:
:confused:there is no emission laws for motorcycles in Ontario.......that only applies for cars..I never had to do an emission test for my bike I don't know where you got yours but if you had to do one it was probably in another province or something, the aprillia 125 could be made street legal you just have to get a special kit like lights and mirrors, the dealership will take care of this like motoretta.

is that right? you sure there are no emission laws (not tests) here in Canada?

This bike can be made street legal. Fingolfin is 100% correct. He should know as he works at a Motoretta.

When my wife gets more road experience I might sell her CBR125 and buy her one of these. Yeah it is for her (that is my excuse) :D

To date there are no emission test on any motorcycles in Ontario.

I'm questioning whether there are any "standards" that have to be met to get the bikes into Canada - street legal or not. I honestly don't know but with our ansty pantsy way here in Ont/Canada I can hardly believe it is not governed by something....

I'm questioning whether there are any "standards" that have to be met to get the bikes into Canada - street legal or not. I honestly don't know but with our ansty pantsy way here in Ont/Canada I can hardly believe it is not governed by something....

no, you are correct... as of now, you can't sell 2 stroke motorcycles for street use.... its a law... there is no testing (yet), but manufacturers can not sell them anymore... if its already here, its fine.

I would love to get one of these bikes. Too bad theyre insanely expensive for a 125... Not to mention the 2 stroke maintenance... I really dont miss changing rings every few thousand miles.

hmm street legal thats cool always loved 2 stokes use to have a 1990 rz350.

and yes canada does have emission laws thats why you dont see any 2009 500cc 2 strokes in canada anymore because they cant sell them. there are no tests for these emissions but they have to meet a standard before they are sold in canada.

I noticed this has not been mentioned.
Price:
CBR 125= $4500 on the road brand new
Ninja 250 = $5800 on the road brand new
RS125= $8500 on the road brand new pretty much close to athe cost of a brand new 600ss

Now factor this into the cost of ownership
1. resale - the other 2 hold theirs
2. parts - more available for the other 2
3. maintenance - the Aprilia RS125 will need more and will cost you more.

Resale, how much do you think you will sell the Aprilia Rs125 for or buy one for? So unless you really love this bike and don't plan on selling it then you may have a to think twice about it.

* You better find a way to take some premix around with you if you plan on riding all day or taking a long trip with that bike. The other 2 bikes just require gas and go, no worry about premix.

As mentioned it is a track machine first and very very distant second meant for day to day street use.

I noticed this has not been mentioned.
Price:
CBR 125= $4500 on the road brand new
Ninja 250 = $5800 on the road brand new
RS125= $8500 on the road brand new pretty much close to athe cost of a brand new 600ss

Now factor this into the cost of ownership
1. resale - the other 2 hold theirs
2. parts - more available for the other 2
3. maintenance - the Aprilia RS125 will need more and will cost you more.

Resale, how much do you think you will sell the Aprilia Rs125 for or buy one for? So unless you really love this bike and don't plan on selling it then you may have a to think twice about it.

* You better find a way to take some premix around with you if you plan on riding all day or taking a long trip with that bike. The other 2 bikes just require gas and go, no worry about premix.

As mentioned it is a track machine first and very very distant second meant for day to day street use.

i would assume this bike is oil injected so you wouldnt need to mix gas and as for resale its going to hold value it doesnt take much to throw a top end on a motor you dont have to worry about all that 4 stroke junk. old school 2 strokes are still selling for 3500 bucks. but your right why would you buy a 125 street bike for 8 grand when your going to upgrade.

Yeah it's oil-injected... I was considering one myself, but the maintenance and initial cost of ownership drew me away. Might've been worth it if it was a 250 2-stroke instead.

I saw one today on Columbia street (in Waterloo) today. I thought they were not legal on the streets??

I recently got to ride the CRB125 @ Deal Gap (1 week test ride), that bike was wicked fun on such a tight road, but would be useless on just about any road around here or even on our race tracks.

saw the nice shot of you dragging the knee.

BTW, how did you manage not to cook the stock tires ... LOL

Thats one of ours, they are damn fun on the street.

I don't know about the street, but they were fun on the track at Calabogie (until it broke down on the track) :)

Hahahaha

That is my wife's bike he is riding. That thing is perfect for the Gap. The tires held up surprisingly well. Weird thing is the chicken strips came off the front easier than the rear.

I have no clue what's going on with that bike, I had actual chicken strips left on the rear, it's wired cause at one point I was actualy tucking my knee right up against the fairing and the front wanted to tuck a few times and yet the strips were still there. Also the rear strip was larger than the front, never had that happen to me before.

For the Gap it's wicked fun... :D Anywhere in Ont. useless! :mad:

Not sure why so many complain about cooking the tires, I beat on them pretty hard and they just barely started to ball up, the front more so than the rear. Great stock tires...

P.S. it's got a top speed with my fat *** on it, down hill of 132km/h in the red in 6th at that point.

I never considered the stock tires bad, but I never tried anything better either. They are pretty wild in wet, if you don't go smooth on them.

As far as the strips. I think it's the profile, width height of the side wall combined. The way it rounds pretty agressively on such a narrow width distance, makes it almost impossible to ged rid of the strips (doesn't matter how much you lean ... you'd have to be like 30 degrees off the road... LOL).

Yeah, 132 is slow ... sorry LOL

Back
Top Bottom