Aprilia RS 125 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aprilia RS 125

Does anybody know where I can find one? used or new. i haven't seen an online dealer showroom with one yet

Gearhead in Ottawa. I know that the local Aprilia dealer still have thiers.
It was at the show the other week.
Sweet bike! Taller than I expected too. Not sure if it had the street legal kit.
small_rs125.jpg

So let me get this straight.

People want to buy a little kids full on race bike and convert it to a street bike?

A bike that is a nightmare to source parts for in EUROPE even.

A bike that screams through a less than legal exhaust and is recommended you change the rings every two races and piston/rings every four?

A bike that makes absolutely no usable power unless you are riding the top end of the powerband like one would do on a track.

Good choice.

:)

At Calabogie with Turn 2,,,, CBR 125 topped out at 130,, Ninja could pull 160 KPH,,,,Aprillia 125's I saw 171 KPH.[drafting an R1) ALL stock trim. (then George and I put the pipe on) Of the 3 the Aprillia was the best performing bike. As far as user friendly,, it's a two stroke,, so it has some quirks. Keep in mind the Aprillia was seriously lean from the factory and it went faster as we richened it up.This also made the low end much better. The bike needed to be re-jetted all the way through the range. With out re-jetting it was really bad and hard to ride all through the power. It is a street bike,,,it's heavy and lazy,,,but can be made to go faster then the top speed I saw.
Had a riot on it and could stay with middle to upper yellow group riders no problem. BUt from a street perspective,, the Ninja 250 would be a better choice.
As far as the road,, we were told you have to be some what creative to get it licensed,,,as someone posted.

People want to buy a little kids full on race bike and convert it to a street bike?

The other way around ..... It's designed as a full on street bike which people like to race on a track. Inexpensively, compared to GP 125 bikes .....

Yep, and if I was 14 and interested in racing in a limited weight class (136 Kilos bike and rider) it probably would be the best option money wise.....

However, I probably wouldn't be too interested in....

1. Sit out an entire riding season waiting for a single (but crucial) failed part to arrive from Italy.

2. Look like a dummy sitting in the parking lot trying to start a bike that doesn't want to because the temp dropped off.

3. Ride a childs bike when there are so many other options out there.

No offense to anyone who thinks this is a good choice for Canada and can rebuild it with their eyes closed but seriously, as a street bike?

I'm just missing the point.

I look forward to reading about them used that way over here.

I ride a RS 250 for the street, it's not a converted race bike. Japanese market bike. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

acceleration wise yes, but you lose about 30 mph on top speed. They top out at about 70, and the ninja 250 at about 100

acceleration wise yes, but you lose about 30 mph on top speed. They top out at about 70, and the ninja 250 at about 100
Holy did you check the date on this thread, it's 16,000$ worth if insurance premiums old.

Back
Top Bottom