Laid-off? GTAM Members looking-out.....??? | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Laid-off? GTAM Members looking-out.....???

I wa
thx

Last edited:
I'm looking for a part-time security guard job nights and/or weekends. I have a day job but I want to supplement my income. Please pm me if you guys have any links... BTW I have a valid security license.

Hey everyone. Came by this thread. I work seasonal for the city and I'm always off in the winter. I was wondering if anyone had any connections to a possible winter job. Snow removal maybe? Thanks in advance

As of a couple of weeks ago, there was a sign outside of Guelph Tool (in Guelph), saying that they were looking for industrial electricians, robot programmers and technicians. Don't have any inside info, I just saw the sign when driving past.

Hey guys,
I'll be losing my position by the end of December due to facility closing here in Toronto and am currently looking for work.

I've worked within Technical Sales / Business Development over the last 8 years in a continually progressive role. Background is in Aerospace.

I've got experience with estimating, proposal creation, negotiation, bidding, and some project co-ordination.

Primarily looking for work within Technical (Consultative) Sales, Project Co-ordination / Management.

If you know anyone hiring, or even a good recruiter I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks!

Received a posting for several Systems Analyst roles in Winnipeg. Good pay though. $75 - 80 /hr + travel and accommodation OR $90 - 95 /hr and you handle travel/living expenses. PM me if you'd like to see the posting.

il have some warehouse work come early jan in brampton. $12-14.60/hr , health plan is optional, clean crim check.

edit - motorcycles get free and reserved parking in 2 areas.

VERIDIAN CONNECTIONS based out of Ajax has the following job postings on their website.

Customer Care Representative -- 2 Positions
P&C Automation Technician
Asset Management & Planning Technician (Contract) -- 2 Positions
Engineering Technician - Project Design -- 2 Positions
Substation Technician (Contract) -- 2 Positions

http://www.veridian.on.ca/corporate_careers.php

I'm actually looking to hire a full time drafter in Brampton. College diploma and proficient with AutoCad are required.

Durham Regional Police Service will be hosting an Information Booth to discuss careers in our 911/Communications Unit in the front foyer of the Regional Headquarters building located at 605 Rossland Road East, Whitby, on the following dates and times:

Monday, February 24, 2014 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.

A recruiting officer and 911 communicator will be on site to answer any questions you may have about communications, or other positions, within the organization.

Just got a posting for a Junior technical analyst or support analyst role in the financial/securities industry. PM me if you'd like to see the posting.

I am hiring for a summer position May-Aug possibly Sept. Three positions, scooter, bicycle, and field tech, pay varies for position. Scooter position listed below. E-mail resumes and questions to one below. Please do not PM me here.

West Nile Virus Control Scooter Technician

Job Description:
Our team of Field Technicians is responsible for implementing West Nile virus control programs in York Region. Each Technician will be part of a team designated to visit different areas of the Region and to conduct a treatment campaign of the catch basins of the stormwater drainage system to control mosquito larvae. The successful applicants will be provided with a Honda Ruckus scooter and will be fully trained in safe vehicle operations, mosquito control methods and health and safety regulations. Staff will be professionally tutored to pass all necessary tests and certifications. Treatment schedules are on a 21 day cycle, with 10-12 days of treatment followed by 9-11 days of rest, based on productivity.

Qualifications:
Be 18 years of age or older
Be available to work for a 4 month contract from May to August
Have the flexibility to accommodate the strict treatment schedules
Possess a Driver’s License for 5 years or more (including G1)
Driver’s abstracts will need to be provided upon request

Skills and requirements:
To conduct allotted tasks on a tight schedule
To have the ability to work well in a team environment but also to act on your own initiative when the necessity arises
To be self-sufficient and have the ability to work independently and competently
To communicate effectively and precisely any relevant project information to supervisors
To possess strong directional skills and geographic competence
To be well organized and dedicated to completing work within prescribed timelines
To pay attention to detail and perform duties safely and efficiently

Paid Training:
Culex Environmental will provide all the necessary resources to ensure the successful applicants pass their M1 motorcycle license examination. Culex will also provide the training for the examination required to perform all necessary larval mosquito control measures and to ensure familiarity with all Health and Safety procedures. The basic wage for this position will be $14 per hour but will be supplemented by a performance-related bonus.

This is a 4 month long summer contract beginning in May. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Alex@2ride.ca

1)Any Marine Technicians (boat mechanics) need a job? I'm leaving the one I work at to go into something else and another shop has been hounding me for years to quit(the current marina I work at) and work for them (they will be posting a job in the near future, but you could get an inside line)

If your not a Marine Tech but are a Auto Mechanic or Motorcycle Tech, you already know the basics and I'm sure they would take you. Pm me if you want details.

2)ALSO, (my other job is hiring) you need your DZ licence for that one, you drive around street sweepers and water trucks (pretty fun job) and you work by yourself or with another truck. Super relaxed, work at your own pace, just the hours are sometimes crazy and it seasonal.

Last edited:
Anyone looking for bilingual folks? Fully fluent and have been in biligual positions for 10 years.

I'm still gainfully employed, but definitely looking for a change. Done lots of work for telecoms (looking to get out of telco and never go back, lol), fraud investigation, negotiations, medical supply, sale team support, art-related companies, game companies. All over the map.

My ace in the hole skill seems to be reading people, but damned if I can figure a way to get that on resumes without sounding like an arrogant jackass. It's not like I can provided neat percentages on a performance report to back that sort of claim up.

I am looking to hire a part-time+ line cook downtown on Edward Street.

Small menu mostly baked or panfried

Email: info@rollplaynow.com
Subject: LINECOOK -GTAM

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Oh hey, this thread getting bumped reminded me to mention I got let go in July!

I'll have to scramble some if I don't find anything in a few months, but man, sure is nice to be able to enjoy this weather all day every day. I sure ain't going to miss working for a certain Big Red Telco. My experience on the inside is they deserve most if not all the rotten things anyone ever said about 'em.

Guess that's not politic, in an age when you have to have a carefully crafted "leaving story" and don't dare breathe a nasty word about an old employer... but it's the truth! That company's ethos is and always was "Anything we can get away with."

Back
Top Bottom