U.S. to Canada motorcycle shipping | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

U.S. to Canada motorcycle shipping

Just curious, can anyone give a rough estimate as to how much it would cost to get a 600 supersport motorcycle shipped from San Diego California to GTA ? Would not need much paperwork since it’s a track-only bike which would never be registered for the street. Also there is no particular time frame (before middle of May would be nice but not specific timeline).

I called TFX for a bike to be shipped from Long island NY and it was crazy expensive!! I think around $1800 or some crap. The only issue I have about hiring some guys from uship is you have no idea who they are and what will happen to your bike... can you say parts anyone!!?

I called TFX for a bike to be shipped from Long island NY and it was crazy expensive!! I think around $1800 or some crap. The only issue I have about hiring some guys from uship is you have no idea who they are and what will happen to your bike... can you say parts anyone!!?

I've seen TFX trucks and service. It's quite impressive, I guess the price reflects that. They ship very high end cars along with regular cars in enclosed specialized trailers. I once shipped my car from Detroit to San Francisco using some cheap company (cost me $800 if I remember vs. TFX's quote, which was at least 1.5x as expensive). Well, the car came on time, dirty as sh*t, literally with the layer of crap on it, later I found a 15-20cm scratch on my roof, not deep, but still p*ssed me off.

Yeah, same here, just got a quote for $1200.00 from California to GTA. More then I expected so considering other options.

Yeah, same here, just got a quote for $1200.00 from California to GTA. More then I expected so considering other options.

out of curiosity i decided to put in on uship to see and i already had an offer of $650 to my front door and through customs... not bad

Although I haven't used UShip at all yet there quotes seem very reasonable. I know they are used by EBay sellers frequently.Their quote was cheaper than others when I inquired for what its worth.

see uship is pretty good. I have competing bids now and have a guy who will deliver it to niagara fallls NY, then i would just bring it over myself( prefer this way anyways, wanna deal with the paperwork and RIV myself) and he will do the delivery to there for $350

see uship is pretty good. I have competing bids now and have a guy who will deliver it to niagara fallls NY, then i would just bring it over myself( prefer this way anyways, wanna deal with the paperwork and RIV myself) and he will do the delivery to there for $350

WOW! What a difference. Where is he shipping from for that much?
I will post up on the uship and see if any reasonable bids come up. Thanks for the tips.

That's cheap I was quoted $850 plus HST from Vancouver to Toronto by TFX

Yeah given the distance you're right, comparitively cheaper. Guess uship is going to be my option though (I'll bet TFX is great end-to-end shipper but sounds like uship just gets transporters already making the trip to jump in and make thier trip more worth while).

WOW! What a difference. Where is he shipping from for that much?
I will post up on the uship and see if any reasonable bids come up. Thanks for the tips.

its coming from long island NY to niagara falls NY. I will grab it from there and then just bring it over myself. I could get it shipped to my door in ajax for $300 more, but will save some cash and i wanna see the process as well and bring it over myself. Still a great saving though!

isn't USHIP the company that's used on the TV show Shipping Wars on A&E?

I've used TFX before and they were great to deal with but that was 5 years ago. I called them recently and the quote was over double what I paid before. No to knock the professionals, they know what they're doing but I'm shipping an old iron head and could care less if its in a trailer. I sent you a pm, get me that shipper's info, I'll give him a try for that price.

It depends on what you saved $500 off of here ... I've heard *OK things about uship, but not always the best. I'd also be especially careful of "saving" money when it comes to international shipping. That can be expensive and time consuming if they don't know what they're doing. I've used uship and A-1 Auto Transport in the past and I liked A-1 better personally. If anyone's interested in contacting them https://www.a1autotransport.com/ship-car-to-canada.php They'll give you a price quote for free just like uship and you can compare the two and see for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom