S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

I'm running Rookie cup, And maybe Old Boys Club.

I wouldn't worry about the engine size.. Eastie's SV moves him around pretty good.. and the R6 moves my fat *** good. It's not like it's Mosport..You could run a "Lost Era" 750 like a ZX7R or a Gixxer.

Pick up a lost era bike and come on out. Just get one that runs. I'll sell you mine :)

2009 Round One Schedule
Friday May 8th/ 2009

Gate Opens 7:00 AM

Tech and Registration Opens 7:00 - 9:00 AM

Riders Meeting 8:30 AM

New riders School Classroom Session 9:15 AM

Practice Sessions in 20 min Revolving Order 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

#1 Vintage / Rookie / Clubman / Form Two Stroke
#2 Femme / BOTT / Lost Era / Old Boys Club
#3 600 / Open / Superbike

Lunch Break and Bike Pick-Up 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM

Practice Sessions in 15 min Revolving Order 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

#1 New Riders School Track Sessions
#2 Vintage / Rookie / Clubman / Form Two Stroke
#3 Femme / BOTT / Lost Era / Old Boys Club
#4 600 / Open / Superbike

Track Closes 5:00 PM

2009 Round One
Saturday May 9th, 2009

Gate Opens 7:00 AM

Tech and Registration Opens 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM

Practice Sessions 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM

# 1 Vintage / Formula Two Stroke
#2 Clubman / Old Boys Club
#3 BOTT / Open
#4 Superbike / 600
#5 Rookie / Femme
#6 Lost Era

8 Lap Qualifiers 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

#1 Formula Femme
#2 BOTT (GTA Motorcycles.com)

Lunch Break and Bike Pick Up 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM

8 Lap Qualifiers 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

#3 Formula Two Stroke (Bickle Racing)
#4 Lost Era
#5 Rookie Cup (Gecko Forwarding)
#6 Vintage
#7 Open Sprint (Signarama, Waterloo)
#8 Clubman Challenge
#9 600 Extreme (Blue Streak Racing)
#10 Old Boys Club (Clarington Cycle)
#11 Superbike (Orion Motorsports, Pirelli)

2009 Round One
Sunday May 10th 2009

Gates Open 7:00 AM

Tech and Registration 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Practice Sessions 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM

#1 Vintage / Form Two Stroke
#2 Clubman / Old Boys Club
#3 BOTT / Open
#4 Superbike / 600
#5 Rookie / Femme
#6 Lost Era

10 Lap Finals 10:30 AM

#1 Formula Femme
#2 BOTT (GTA Motorcycles.com)
#3 Formula Two Stroke (Bickle Racing)

Lunch Break and Bike Pick-Up 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM

10 Lap Finals

#4 Lost Era
#5 Rookie Cup (Gecko Forwarding)
#6 Vintage
#7 Open Sprint (Signarama, Waterloo)
#8 Clubman Challenge
#9 600 Extreme (Blue Streak Racing)
#10 Old Boys Club (Clarington Cycle)
#11 Superbike (Orion Motorsports, Pirelli)

Thank you sir.

Ken, how are the BOTT being divided? I was thinking to run Middleweight and Heavyweight, will this be possible?

Leaving for the track in 15 minutes cant wait. Zoomius rep's plane landing at 10 gotta paint some lines today and make sure the wall is covered. Lindsay Thimpson is on his way and will be the voice of SOAR from the new timing and scoring building on the new PA system. Bic is gonna be there this afternoon to make sure we are doing it right for the riders. All the tire manufacturers are on the way.
Only thing not up for this round is the new registration trailer isnt here yet but will be going for the June round.
The newly hired road course manager Tim is going to be there all weekend to make sure the SOAR competitors are looked after in his shiney new track truck.
Our first school goes tommorrow morning with myself doing the classroom sessions and Alan Robb and Scott Rupert doing the on track stuff
See y'all at the track. :)

"Scott Rupert" <-- I hope he slows down a little cause I just can't keep up with the pace he was setting last time out. :)

I'm so damn excited, picked up a bunch of new camping gear last night, new shoes (tires), did all the little ajustments that I was told to do during the last tech. Should be all set to go for a season of fun!

Thanks to the SOAR crew for a great weekend. The only way it could have gone better was if the weather cooperated.
I learned a lot on the Friday session and had a lot of track time over the weekend.
Big thanks to the marshals who stood out in the crappy weather all weekend so that we could burn fuel and melt rubber!

Awesome weekend ... Saw ya out there sircastic! Everyone rode really well.

(SOAR #64 FZR400 here)

Hey Brian, you were kickin' *** against that Duc yesterday, considering the power difference. We were laughin' it up throughout that part of the qualifiers.

Hey Guys awesome frigin weekend! I was out their marshalling all weekend, and had a blast! See you in June!

What a great weekend !!!!!
Scott Rupert is just Crazy Fast,, That was amazing to see.. The 3 gear wheelie the full length of the front straight was incredible.

The Superbike Final Battle between Rupert and Busby was Epic to watch.. Who say's SV's can't kick *** ?

Thanks to Ken to for doing the classroom part of the school and to Scott for doing the on track part, Learned a ton about the lines.. You know a guy is fast when he's turning around watching your lines and giving you feedback at 1:28 pace ;).. With Scotts help I got some 1:23s, A big improvement for me.

Finished Mid Pack in both my races, So for my first time racing I was more than happy.

Thanks to Ken, Tracy, Joe, Dan, Vanessa, All the Marshalls and everyone else who worked so hard to make it a awsome weekend...

Big thanks to Ken and Tracy and the rest of the SOAR's crew.

I also had a great weekend.

I feel honored to have been in the first SOAR's heat race (old boys club). I had a great dice with a "old" friend on the red Duc 900+. The SV is only a 650, but I guess no one got around to telling Busby that :)

The weather gods were just playing with us. Just checking to see if we are true Canadians.

Nice meeting some of the GTA crew, sircastic, CBRJOHN, Dave. It's nice to to a face to the screen names.

Also thanks to all that purchased "SOAR SWAG" .

Aloyas
Lloyd

Thanks to all the racers out this weekend it was in no small measure that things ran as smoothly as it did if not for the efforts of the racers. There was some awesome races this weekend in a pile of classes. The Rookie Challenge was one of my favourites.
Our new timing system was a great success and worked almost flawlessly the mistakes that were made were human error not system errors. Chris Keene from Zoomius was here to help all weekend and we couldnt have done it without him. Between the upgrades and investment by Uli TMP is well on the way to becoming a premier facility and I am glad to be a small part of that.
We saw some great action in Superbike with Rupert,Buzby,Millson,Gibson up front Too bad Ross had to pack it in before the finals because oif suspension problems. He did stop over and say he was coming back and bringing freinds so I am excited to see what the level will be raised to.
Keep in mind we have new lap records in all classes and they will be posted as soon as we can get organized on our end. They will also come in every weekends program and will be available online.
Thanks to all from your freinds at SOAR especially the TMPCS the new marshall organization for a great job and good numbers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom