Triumph owners unite! | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triumph owners unite!

Hey gang,

I am looking for some help here. I am currently riding a 2008 Bonneville, and it has taken me all over the place...East Coast to Mexico. Except this year it doesn't look like I can make our annual bike trip, so I want to throw some smart money at the bike. I am probably only looking at new bars and rearsets...and here's where I need some help...

Is there anyone in the Golden Horseshoe / GTA with aftermarket bars and/or rearsets on their Bonneville that I can sit on only to get a feel for. I do NOT want to ride your bike, I do NOT want to buy your bike, but I MAY want your parts haha. I just want a seat and get a feel for the gear before I spend $$$ on something that may not work for me.

Can anyone help me out here?

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

How far back do you want the rearsets? I have an 07 Scrambler, I put the passenger pegs in place of the driver pegs. This puts the pegs up and back something like 3/4 inch. It's not a lot but feels more natural. I used a shortened Honda dirt bike shifter. Shortened the brake lever. Using Honda CR Low bend bars. I'm in Hamilton if you want to sit and look.

Go to Sturgees and sit on a Thruxton. That'll give you a good reference.

Picked up a new 2014 Thruxton just about exactly a year ago. Spent the season of '14 on it and Love it.

So far I've done the Tron style tail light/FEK and thats it. Forcing myself to finish the M2 before I spend money on mods. Plans are to swap out for clipons, flat gauge panel with ignition relocation, wide rear wheel conversion, and a whole lot of blacking out of the silver bits. As well as the obligatory airbox removal/exhaust system/tune

I wonder what happened, they seemed to be doing well and have carried triumph for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what happened, they seemed to be doing well and have carried triumph for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, it's too bad. I had their number in my wallet in case I ever broke down around there.

Ya, it's too bad. I had their number in my wallet in case I ever broke down around there.
Keep that number handy as they are still big on Triumphs, just not an official dealer anymore.

Re: Triumph Rat

From what I can tell retro Triumph riders are HD riders lite what with the added on geegaws and baubles. Except Jayell, he looks like a real rider. LOL, just kidding!

From what I can tell retro Triumph riders are HD riders lite what with the added on geegaws and baubles. Except Jayell, he looks like a real rider. LOL, just kidding!

Hahahaha...funny.:lmao:

Late last fall i picked up a thruxton and always wanted this or a Bonneville that I felt went well with my other bikes. Anyhow, I hadn't had much of a chance to ride it so like most, I got fed up with winter last week in Toronto and rented a mini van, loaded up the thruxton and 20 hrs later, riding around Cocoa Beach.

Went to Palm a Beach one day for a street bike show.

Back
Top Bottom