I clogged my toilet with Carrots! FIXED!!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

I clogged my toilet with Carrots! FIXED!!!!

Pepper

Site Supporter
Yesterday, I was cleaning out my fridge and found a container of cut carrots from a couple of months ago. What I had done, was buy a 3 pound bag then peeled and cut them so I could take them or lunch.

Well I never remembered to take them to lunch. So I found this container with 3 pounds of cut carrot and water, and the water was a little gross. I decided the best way to dispose of it all was down the toilet. I figured it’s seen bigger poos (not mine of course), and the carrots should go down easily. Boy was I wrong! My toilet is clogged with carrots. It’s doing the thing where the water comes all the way to the top then slowly drains all out. Then, when all the water is out, it gurgles out a couple of carrots.

I must have flushed a hundred times, and I scooped out all the carrots I could see. But there still must be a wall of carrot in the toilet. My next plan is to put some bleach in the toilet tonight and hope that eats away at the carrots. Anyone have any better suggestions?? Obviously, I can’t call the super to complain about a carrot clog.

All suggestions appreciated. And I know I'm an idiot.

get a rabbit and shove him down the hole..... :wink:

Seriously, i have no idea.....

Pepper said:
AC said:
Plunger? :roll:

Tried that. :oops:

keep trying

it will eventually loosen the clogged part and the carrots will give way either direction

if not try going to crappy tire and get one of those long "fish tape"
its a loooonnnnnnggg peice of cable that bends in every direction

insert it into the toilet and move it around

or just go to the super and tell him what you happened and they shoul be able to help out

1)Stick a garden hose as far in as you can then turn it on full.

or

2) Take the toilet out to the back yard THEN put the garden hose in at full pressure.

lmao.. hahahahaha

*breathes*

what you can try, go to home hardware and buy their drain clog remover. it's like drano, only much more powerful. might eat away at the carrots.

it comes in a plastic 1l jug, and has a ziploc bag closed around it just in case it should leak

failing that, try renting a plumber's snake to clear up the pipes...

Take off the toilet, it's not that hard and it will make it easier to get at the clog. Just remember to turn off the water source at the rear of the bowl first.

Jaxx said:
Take off the toilet, it's not that hard and it will make it easier to get at the clog. Just remember to turn off the water source at the rear of the bowl first.

I think if I'm dumb enough to flush carrots down the drain, I shouldn't be taking off the toilet. That's just another embarrasing story waiting to happen! 8)

Thanks for all the advice.

Pepper said:
Jaxx said:

I think if I'm dumb enough to flush carrots down the drain, I shouldn't be taking off the toilet. That's just another embarrasing story waiting to happen! 8)

Thanks for all the advice.

Get your super in there or call a plumber... I am all for home fix it projects but the latrines is an important part you don't want to mess up... cause you know it will come back and bite you in the ass when you least expect it...

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah... it could only happen to you... can your hampster swim?? :lol: I would lend you Tribble but he doesn't like water and is a very picky eater... :D

haha.

this post made my day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

try flushing a cherry bomb down there.

I know you said you've tried the plunger....just keep trying it. It's only a bunch of carrots.

You have to have a good plunger technique, keep the most air inside the plunger you can and make sure it looks like it's good and sealed before you give it a nice, quick thrust. Unfortunatly I've had many times to practice this all important home skill.

Good luck.

jupiter13 said:
Sarah, Sarah, Sarah... it could only happen to you... :D

I have a gift :lol:

Signalsdrone said:
You have to have a good plunger technique, keep the most air inside the plunger you can and make sure it looks like it's good and sealed before you give it a nice, quick thrust. Unfortunatly I've had many times to practice this all important home skill.

I'm happy to say I haven't yet needed to master this skill!

Holy Crap!
Funny as hell...better you than me.

Seriously, go to the Depot and get a snake.
or
use Addy's head as a plunger. It won't be the first time he's had to eat shi...

Back
Top Bottom