storage question | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

storage question

Well, I've heard that this is how 125's were born..
If you store a larger bike, 600cc +, sometimes, if you're lucky enough, a little seedling of a 125 starts to grow next to it!

Some people can be so naïve… I bet you believe in storks and Santa Clause. You will need to bury two bikes in order to make a 125.

Heres a link to someone who buried a 1975 plymouth, as you will see it didn,t work out so well.

http://www.allpar.com/history/auto-shows/time-capsule.html

I bet that's what the cars in my ex's old lawn look like now...his dad buried them some time ago, don't ask why. They're widening the highway near his place so the house is gone and I guess the construction guys probably got a laugh when a few Volkswagens showed up on their dig.

remember to use a small spoon to dig the bike out in the spring. You wouldn't want the shovel to scratch or ding the bike.

I'll go stand around with my shovel if you need an extra for the pictures

just wanted to bump this up for the noobs looking for storage ideas, I've done this the last 2 years without any problems

I say we dig this thread in a time capsule for 50 years, then we put our guesses of the GTAM website population at that time and whomever is the closest gets a 2008 ninja 250.

1302873052100.jpg

Do I need a different hole for my Ducati than for the Suzuki's or can I put them all in one hole. Should I be worried about chemical reaction between Italian and Japanese metals?

so usually when people die we bury them!!! trol trol trol...

Actually people in Britain did this at the beginning of WWII. The government or army was going around and taking vehicles for the war effort and some people would bury their bikes so they didn't get "volunteered" for the war. After the war they dug them up. Some would forget about them or not bother or move and they'd be found years later and be restorable.

course mind the ready made ones..
[video=youtube;tsKgvhFxTRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsKgvhFxTRc[/video]

Well it is safe from theft down there and temperature should be reasonably constant. That guy (and bike) seemed to be in remarkably good shape for diving down a 50' hole on a motorbike.

Back
Top Bottom