storage question | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

storage question

6 feet under.....hey, if it's good enough for my dead grandmother, it's good enough for my bike

brilliant idea would have never thought of that; bury it with my grandmother nobody would think there's a bike under that gravestone and my grandmother will be sooooooo happy in heaven well until winter is over than I'll have to take the motorcycle back.

Would a metal detector be needed to find it later ? Or like a magnet thingy ?

Also how low is the frost line again should I start digging to late in the season...

Dude I'm going to make a map with an X where the bike is

This is small time, you need to get into the pond business, start a job just before the time when it's too late to continue the clients pond, sneak your bike in. Now you wait... the hardest part of all... okay, that wasn't so bad... spring comes, you're back to work, retrieve bike, place on flatbed of you're dressed up landscaping truck, boogie, FREE storage, you get paid (if you finish the job) and your lawn is still perfectly good for burying the snowmobile in the summer. I used to think an A+ was good, until I found out there was A ++ (quote)
(I have pond digging experience, I offer: quick, quality and cheap, pick any 2)

Sounds like a perfect idea. Good luck with that.:withstupid:

I would like to have dibs on the accessories market.

Here is an idea for a hole marker.

2S9CA8TPWC3CAU5W8D2CAGIN78WCAIP4XDD.jpg

I dont have a heated garage or even a shed to store my bike in. A friend of mine told me a way i can store my bike for free and also keep robbers away from it. I'm going to dig a hole in my backyard and bury the bike in it. It will keep it safe from all the salt and snow, animals, and especially robbers. I'm still going to run a chain from the bike up out of the ground and lock it up to my fents though. No one will even know what the chain goes to so they wont know theres a bike under the ground. My friend said if I run the bike for a while right before i throw the dirt back on the bike will pretty much stay warm until i dig it out in the spring do to the tight fit of the dirt holding the heat in. that sounds like a great idea. probably better than a heated garage even . He burys his type R honda each winter and it still runs 10's. anyone have any thoughtes on this thanxs

This is a great idea! If you bury yourself with the bike you probably will avoid ageing too. Line your helmet with tin foil as well as it will prevent aliens from messing with your mind. Just make sure that your pals who put the dirt on top put in their calander the recovery date. Also it would be wise to bring snacks.

After a bad day at work guys, I could not stop laughing at the ideas and responses. I really did not know " bikers" had a sense of humour.

thats a great idea,
no need for gas, just run your bike on ants and worms for all of next spring.

p.s. i hope your joking. i do hope!!
i don't, i hope he's serious i wanna see the pics ...

LOL - great idea. You may want to go on to wikipedia and see how a 'well' works though.....below a few feet the ground doesn't freeze.

get a big enough plastic bag, and heat shrink the whole bike before putting it under. that should do the trick :) if u need help digging i am all for it, i am sure you would get a lot of volunteers. who wouldn't want to bury a motorcycle.

I just dress mine up in a snowsuit and mittens... voila!!!

sure. bears do it. ever seen a rusty or stolen bear? must be OK for bikes too.

Mother nature knows this kind of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom