storage question | GTAMotorcycle.com

storage question

kellen

Site Supporter
I dont have a heated garage or even a shed to store my bike in. A friend of mine told me a way i can store my bike for free and also keep robbers away from it. I'm going to dig a hole in my backyard and bury the bike in it. It will keep it safe from all the salt and snow, animals, and especially robbers. I'm still going to run a chain from the bike up out of the ground and lock it up to my fents though. No one will even know what the chain goes to so they wont know theres a bike under the ground. My friend said if I run the bike for a while right before i throw the dirt back on the bike will pretty much stay warm until i dig it out in the spring do to the tight fit of the dirt holding the heat in. that sounds like a great idea. probably better than a heated garage even . He burys his type R honda each winter and it still runs 10's. anyone have any thoughtes on this thanxs

^ I'm speechless......

sounds like a great idea. dirt has no moisture, and it wont get wet after the snow melts

LOL!! are you kidding me, it's a great idea... 6 ft under, safest place to store your bike.

thats a great idea,
no need for gas, just run your bike on ants and worms for all of next spring.

p.s. i hope your joking. i do hope!!

sounds like a great idea. dirt has no moisture, and it wont get wet after the snow melts

Well its cold in the winter, it will freeze up basicly it will be in an ice safe. It wont get scratchd by a rake or something falin into it in somebodys garage

With all that trouble, just as well buy a little tool shred and put the bike in lol.

thats how you keep a fig tree alive

wow that's a great idea. cant believe i never thought of it. OP plz post a how-to when you do it. thnx :)

Last edited:
just 1 advice. Make a map if you have to with x mark the spot but don't forget the exact spot you buried the bike.

just 1 advice. Make a map if you have to with x mark the spot but don't forget the exact spot you buried the bike.

now you are just being silly.

Just make sure you are below the frost line, that's 4' deep in most of southern Ontario.

sounds foolproof to me. I'd reccomend you put a cover over it first in case the robbers decide to dig by chance and see it. at least with the cover, it could be mistaken for a scooter or something. out of sight, out of mind. don't forget to post pics.

Sounds like a great storage solution that I may try too. My only suggestion is to watch out for utilities before digging. You wouldn't want to blow yourself up by hitting a gas line.;)

Well, I've heard that this is how 125's were born..
If you store a larger bike, 600cc +, sometimes, if you're lucky enough, a little seedling of a 125 starts to grow next to it!

what I do is throw a chain over the thick branch in the pine tree in the backyard and lift my bike up 15 or so feet dring the winter. I use a camo tarp and BLAM no one can see it.

Back
Top Bottom