City of Toronto HOV (DIamond) Lanes open for Motorcycles & Scooters. | GTAMotorcycle.com

City of Toronto HOV (DIamond) Lanes open for Motorcycles & Scooters.

tat2

Site Supporter
Sign changes have begun, we are now officially allowed in these lanes 24/7.

This is for City of Toronto HOV (Diamond) lanes only.
It is NOT for Provincial HOV lanes (404, 403, etc).

Link to city by-law. Includes a list of streets covered.
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/bylaws/2008/law0378.pdf
Until all signs are changed I would still carry a copy of said by-law, just in case.

This picture is Don Mills SB, just south of Finch @ Seneca Hill Dr.

Attachments

• HOV.jpg
    HOV.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,221
great, i was riding on the HOV lane today @ Eglinton West of Caledonia and was kinda worried that i would get pulled over. I wonder how long it would take them to change all the signs?

crap, my bike doesn't look like that silhouette. do i still qualify? or should i take my fairings off? :happy3:

I took Don Mills down today and the sign changed at Seneca Hill is the only sign that has been replaced.

I took Don Mills down today and the sign changed at Seneca Hill is the only sign that has been replaced.

A cop almost stopped me on Don Mills (near 401) this morning but let me go after a small chat with her partner. I don't understand why there's the one sign at this time?

A cop almost stopped me on Don Mills (near 401) this morning but let me go after a small chat with her partner. I don't understand why there's the one sign at this time?

They are only changing them as part of regular maintaince.

A woman cut me off while I was going down Don Mills yesterday. I think she was mad because she didn't realize I was allowed to be in that lane. I was right close behind a slow moving pickup and she squeezed her way in. The pickup was moving so slowly, I just changed lanes and went in front of it and her. The pickup made a right turn, I came to a stop at the next intersection, and the woman pulled up. I just turned around and stared at her, then gave my head a little shake. The best part was, I was preventing her from making a right turn because I was going straight. Luckily there was also a cyclist there, because I'm sure she would have tried to squeeze past. When the light turned green, I actually paused a bit to make her wait a liiiittle longer...

A woman cut me off while I was going down Don Mills yesterday. I think she was mad because she didn't realize I was allowed to be in that lane. I was right close behind a slow moving pickup and she squeezed her way in. The pickup was moving so slowly, I just changed lanes and went in front of it and her. The pickup made a right turn, I came to a stop at the next intersection, and the woman pulled up. I just turned around and stared at her, then gave my head a little shake. The best part was, I was preventing her from making a right turn because I was going straight. Luckily there was also a cyclist there, because I'm sure she would have tried to squeeze past. When the light turned green, I actually paused a bit to make her wait a liiiittle longer...

flirting w/ a cage is flirting w/ death.:cool:

flirting w/ a cage is flirting w/ death.:cool:

That is the stupid thing about the whole situation. We were all moving so slowly, she would have had to back up and get a run at me if she wanted to do any damage.

All she had to do was drive past the slow moving pickup truck, then go into the lane I was in, but instead she shoehorned herself in were there was mabye 8 feet of space between me and the pickup (we were moving that slow!). I had to brake, let her in, then I casually made a lane change into the lane she was originally in, accellerate (but still well below the speed limit), then re-enter the HOV lane in front of them both. The pickup was moving so slow that I re-entered probably 100 feet in front of them. Stupid...

Looks like all the signs have been updated on Don Mills and much of Eglington from what I have noticed. It's about time.

Cause your actions help solve everything. :confused: Way to draw more attention to negitive views of motorcycles.

On Eglinton, between Laird and Brentcliff there is a diamond lane but it is not on the list of diamond lanes that motorcycles can use.

West of Leslie, Eglinton has many diamond lanes assigned but none of them are on the list - will it be safe to use them or should riders stay away?

Shoot.. i rode in the provincial (403) HOV lines all weekend .... thinking we're allowed and the sign is outdated.

I know better now.

Thanks GTAM

Better be carefull because it does not come in effect untill they change the signs.

2. The permitted use of plated motorcycles under this By-law in the reserved lanes under
By-law No. 132-93 shall take effect upon the erection or display of signs authorizing the
use of plated motorcycles at the location(s) set out in Schedule 1 to By-law No. 132-93,
as amended.

They can still charge you till the signs are changed!!!!!!!!!!

Garry

Back
Top Bottom