F1 Thread!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

S

Speedplease

Aight folks,

I was thinking, I cant be the only F1 fanatic on here! I mean, when it comes to sports, there are 2 that I am absolutely crazy about: Hockey and Formula 1! And since today is the GP of Canada, what better time than now to start sharing our thoughts on the drivers, the cars, the teams, the circuits and this years highlights...

Todays 2nd practice was a lot of fun, I loved how Kubica came in strong even after last years crash. I am absolutely loving how BMW is making its mark this year and bringing a new solid competitor for the higher step of the podium. Still, hard to argue about Hamilton's talent and his ability to take calculated risks. Ferrari, always amongst my favorites (im a groupie for exoctics so...) but what is interesting is the fight for 4th place this year: Williams Toyota, Toyota, Red Bull-Renault and Renault are battling hard for it and its giving us impressive displays and unpredictable outcomes...I have to say, the absence of traction and launch control has raised this sport and the quality of the events to another level.

Live from Montreal

SP

I enjoy all of the open wheel series racing. Since Nigel Mansell retired, I don't follow any of the series like I once did. Personally can't stand Nascar. Except for the spectacular crashes, providing no one is hurt of course.

Of all car racing it's the one I like to watch the most. I was really into watching the races back when Michael was kicking everyones ***. I really need to get caught up.

I have always been a Mclaren fan though. I really hope Lewis Hamilton pulls through this year. I can't wait to see how he does in Montreal.

i was crazy for F1 races during Michael Schumacher' rampage. after he left didn't care much about the drivers but i always want Farrari to win Constructor's title :snorting:

Love it! Love it! Love it!
I am the guy who is up at 0200 watching **** happen!
Love that there are more "players" this year. No favs, just each dude trying to lock it up!
Btw I love it!!!!

Love that there are more "players" this year. No favs, just each dude trying to lock it up!
Btw I love it!!!!

Id give you a run for your money...

I love it aswell, and always try to catch the practices and qualifying... to me its just as good as the racing.

Kubica or Raikkonenn will take Montreal, just my guess.

Id give you a run for your money...

I love it aswell, and always try to catch the practices and qualifying... to me its just as good as the racing.

Kubica or Raikkonenn will take Montreal, just my guess.

Just a guess? Whew, dodged a bullet there. Almost wasnt gonna bother watching. There will also be at least a couple passes, you can take that to the bank.:D

Btw I love it!!!!

yeah man!!! I ****** love it! and really dont mind getting up early for it! They are planning to add a new circuit:

Picture this:

GP of Singapore, in the city, at night!!! 1st night race in history!!
check out the website: http://singaporegp.sg/

CANT WAIT...itll be like a freakin video game!!

I think my fav circuit is Monaco (few finish though) and Ive been to Montreal every year since I was a teen so, Its always close to heart...

Used to watch it alot back home aside from soccer. But here I don't really feel like waking up in the morning on the weekends to watch.

Hamilton for the win.
Massa dejected 2nd
Raikkonen will pooch it & the vultures start to circle even tighter on his seat.
Kubica comes in distant 3rd and the five Polish fans in the stands go bezerk.

I still have faith in Eyebrow Man to elevate Renault above "the best of the rest". Races fifteen years ago were much more entertaining. Senna would steal Alain Prosts car in the middle of the night and switch numbers if he was out qualified, you didn't have to pay $79.95/mo to get decent in car camera shots, Eddie Irvine giving Senna the finger as he unlapped himself while the Brazilian was waving to the crowd, and some German upstart would manage to get on the podium with his Benetton stuck in 5th gear for half the race.

Heh, though rumours of the Force India crew racking up a $100k bar bill and having it sent to Ferrari still spice things up :D

i've been following f1 since the late 80's.....senna vs. prost era.
We should set up a meet to watch f1 races at wegz....usually sunday morning.....breakfast buffet......?????

forza ferrari!!!

I hate when it comes to North America. Our TV jumps on the band wagon for 2 races and I now I have no idea who's carrying it.
Speed says blackout, and TSN and Sportsnet show other crap!
Where the hell is Qualification today?
I already missed Friday practice cause of this.

seriously....no cbc, ctv, tsn.....the only channel is speed & it's black out. wtf???
..been looking at tv guide all morning.....

I feel sorry for the young people following F1 right now, the racing nowadays is nowhere near as exciting as back in the old days.

I feel sorry for the young people following F1 right now, the racing nowadays is nowhere near as exciting as back in the old days.

I'm not an expert in these matters but didnt the FIM change the rules this year to delete the TC? Coulda sworn I saw a couple maybe three passes already this year.

I'm not an expert in these matters but didnt the FIM change the rules this year to delete the TC? Coulda sworn I saw a couple maybe three passes already this year.

During the first race of the year you could tell that TC wasn't in place, i'm not so sure now that the clever engineers haven't managed to not ben the rules a little.

And when i say old days i mean when most of the field had a Cosworth as a motor.;)

During the first race of the year you could tell that TC wasn't in place, i'm not so sure now that the clever engineers haven't managed to not ben the rules a little.

And when i say old days i mean when most of the field had a Cosworth as a motor.;)

Oh, OK, I thought you meant when each car had a riding mechanic and a steam whistle:D

Back
Top Bottom