F1 Thread!!! | Page 58 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

What's CFL? !

An unfortunate acronym where the best players and coaches come from another country. Where a three time Hec Crighten winner doesn't even get invited for try out.

Lap 1. Muppet Rosberg proves yet again why he should remain just a good #2 driver.

Not sure if you guys saw the same race I did, but some great on track battles. Lap 3 Vergne and Magnussen. Lap 7 the two Red Bulls. Rosberg making up spots....

Congrats to Bottas. Great drive.

And tip of the hat to McLaren.

Sent from my Passport

Last edited:
Lap 1. Muppet Rosberg proves yet again why he should remain just a good #2 driver.

Not sure if you guys saw the same race I did, but some great on track battles. Lap 3 Vergne and Magnussen. Lap 7 the two Red Bulls. Rosberg making up spots....

Congrats to Bottas. Great drive.

And tip of the hat to McLaren.

Sent from my Passport
I agree to a point. I mean way better then a manaco where their is no passing and pole usually takes the race. It is a pretty wide open track and I was expecting more then what their was. But bottas had a great race.

I joked about Putin being on the podium before the race, and was very surprised he actually made it up there.

Pirelli really screwed up this race big time, how does a car do the entire race on a set of tires? This should have been a Super Soft / Soft track, and Pirelli should've lowered the compounds and forced 2 stop strategies.

Mercedes win the constructors in the most dominant fashion possible, it honestly shows you that they haven't even shown all their cards and we're at the end of the season. Even if Renault, Ferrari or McHonda catch up to their present level, Mercedes will wipe the floor with them in 2015.

Mercedes can be dominant at the front, but they can also play the recovery game extremely well. Imagine this was another team that had to pit on lap 1? There is no way they would be P2.

I joked about Putin being on the podium before the race, and was very surprised he actually made it up there.

Pirelli really screwed up this race big time, how does a car do the entire race on a set of tires? This should have been a Super Soft / Soft track, and Pirelli should've lowered the compounds and forced 2 stop strategies.

Mercedes win the constructors in the most dominant fashion possible, it honestly shows you that they haven't even shown all their cards and we're at the end of the season. Even if Renault, Ferrari or McHonda catch up to their present level, Mercedes will wipe the floor with them in 2015.

Mercedes can be dominant at the front, but they can also play the recovery game extremely well. Imagine this was another team that had to pit on lap 1? There is no way they would be P2.

Putin's a clown.

Rosberg actually used his 2 required sets of rubber...he was forced to pit after the first lap after flat spotting his tyres during his bonehead move.

New track, no data on tire wear .... Yeah the medium tire was too good clearly. What bothers me more though is that premium F1 show relies on tire degradation .... Pathetic. Also, the track was absolutely pathetic string of 90 degree corners, with one, ONE exciting bend. Just proves that any thug can show Bernie money and he will get his wish holding F1 race .... It took me 15min to fast forward through the race.

1XCWqEG.jpg

I would trade a crashing F1 career for what I normally do with my time. I don't know if that's pertinent to anything going on at the moment but just thought I'd throw it out there.

What does that mean?

..Tom

I have no idea but as an F1 fan right now I don't mind saying I'm from Hamilton. The connection may seem tenuous but in motorsports name recognition is huge.

What does that mean?

..Tom
Protected... bad choice of words.

The left tyres were deteriorating from under them much quicker then usual. Particularly the front left. Rosburgh and hamilton had radio transmissions that commented on it.
Now correct me if I'm wrong but do they manufacture the tyres and the soft/hardness based on the circuit.
For example last race their were complaints the tyres were lasting too long, resulting in no stops...?

In a post race interview with SkyF1, Rosberg digressed that the tire deterioration was actually his fault. He didn't use the right settings on the steering wheel, and that caused higher wear. By the time he figured out which settings to use, the damage was done and the race was over.

Ted Kravitz from SkyF1 also made a point that Rosberg has yet to win a race since the Singapore Radio Bans. Now that the drivers don't get the same feedback that they used to. Rosberg was notorious for radioing in, "how should i drive the car? tell me exactly what to do! what is Lewis doing, where is he gaining time?".

Pirelli have to design tires that will force 2 stop strategies. 1 stop would make for extremely boring races like Russia. With Russia, Pirelli went way too conservative because it was a new track and they had no data to play with.

Protected... bad choice of words.

The left tyres were deteriorating from under them much quicker then usual. Particularly the front left. Rosburgh and hamilton had radio transmissions that commented on it.
Now correct me if I'm wrong but do they manufacture the tyres and the soft/hardness based on the circuit.
For example last race their were complaints the tyres were lasting too long, resulting in no stops...?

The way the tire system currently works does not encourage that kind of effort from Pirelli. They have 4 compounds they can choose from on the shelf, and they just pick 2

The way the tire system currently works does not encourage that kind of effort from Pirelli. They have 4 compounds they can choose from on the shelf, and they just pick 2
But as noted above from Ifly55, pirelli manufactures them to force a 2 atop strategy. Meaning they will adjust each compound to suit each track. Yes a soft compound is a soft compound. But dependant on the track they will have the soft compound a little softer or harder.

But as noted above from Ifly55, pirelli manufactures them to force a 2 atop strategy. Meaning they will adjust each compound to suit each track. Yes a soft compound is a soft compound. But dependant on the track they will have the soft compound a little softer or harder.

I have never heard that the compound itself is changed, only that which two of the four available compounds is different depending on the track.

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom