F1 Thread!!! | Page 67 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

Based on all the renderings, the 2017 cars will look much more like what we were seeing in the past (basically a mix of everything prior to 09). The new fat tires will give them a retro feel.

Renderings? That's so September.

A2W3289.jpg

Last edited:
Any excuse to link this again

[video=youtube;nTeZRlpVweo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTeZRlpVweo[/video]

Reminds me the MP4 Honda McLaren in 1988 one of the best f1 era. Crazy sound with over 1000hp!!

I have a hard time having any faith in rule changes while Ecclestone is still alive

Reminds me the MP4 Honda McLaren in 1988 one of the best f1 era. Crazy sound with over 1000hp!!

I believe next year the rear wing will be lower, the rear tires won't stick out from the total body width, and there won't be things dragging from the underbody. But I could be wrong.

The pic is from tests for the 17 tires. That's the size of the tires they will be running next year

Last edited:
Ah, that explains the differences from what I expected. Doesn't explain the thing dragging under the floor though. Or am I looking at it wrong?

No, I see it too. Either something's broken or it's another fancy temporary telemetry doodad. Getting data on the track surface maybe?

the wheels are staggered out to mimic the width of the new car. I'd imagine it's some sort of aero device to replicate the airflow to the rear tires of the new car, as well. Ferrari was the only manufacturer to switch to a wider/lower wing for the tests as well.

pire-yasm-2016-7.jpg

Last edited:
Massa resigned with Williams for the season 2017, that means Bottas will be the new driver of the Mercedes team, new team mate of Hamilton.

Massa resigned with Williams for the season 2017, that means Bottas will be the new driver of the Mercedes team, new team mate of Hamilton.

If you didn't mention Bottas I wouldn't have realized you meant Massa re-signed. If it were me, considering all the tearful goodbyes, hugs and handshakes, I would have held off for at least a year. I guess he still gets to keep the FW38 if Williams asked (begged?) him to come back

I'm pretty sure Massa was begged from the williams team to go back to replace Bottas, besides he knows the car really well and he has the experience to support and help the new Canadian driver Lance Stroll next year.

I'm pretty sure Massa was begged from the williams team to go back to replace Bottas, besides he knows the car really well and he has the experience to support and help the new Canadian driver Lance Stroll next year.

Merc will have offered incentives. Paying Massa's salary, higher tiered engine, shared tech, etc. It was a short list of #1 drivers who's contracts would even be given consideration to be bought out, if at all, and would all be in excess of $30M in salary plus what they'd have to offer the team to release the driver for a deal to have have been made. With Williams being in financial difficulties, and them holding the engine card, Botas would have been relatively cheap.

Forget Alonso, Vettel is unsigned beyond 2017. If the Ferrari isn't putting him in the title fight next year, he will jump ship.

Vai Ferrari....**** toto wolf!!!:D

For sure.

Anybody but Louise.

Cars look wicked, love the wider lower stance and mondo tires, hopefully passing isn't to affected with the new aero rules.

Looking forward for RB to get closer to the front and hopefully we can have an epic 3 way fight for the title.

Oh, and Macca, what a disgrace..........

Hopefully Bottas can keep

Even with DRS nobody can overtake.

Hard to believe they can make the sport more spartan.

I love Hamilton... I think he is the best driver out there.

I want to see the the drivers (including Hamilton!) FIGHT for the win. It would be real nice to see Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso and Verstapen in identical performing cars and see what happens.

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom